Non-Key Tweets | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 5h
My cryptic tweets from a few days ago? I haven't forgotten you. A lot of things are going around and I've been sifting through it

MH3 ‏@MH3 5h
The short of it is: We could soon see the first true super-conference. A merger is being discussed between as many as 3 conferences.

MH3 ‏@MH3 5h
And no I'm not talking wrestling

MH3 ‏@MH3 5h
And I'm not talking north or west(though we may see that next)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Go Aresco go! At least until our West Virginia friend comes up with some lame excuse that supposedly caused the deal to collapse at the last second.

GG

Reaction Score
Go Aresco go! At least until our West Virginia friend comes up with some lame excuse that supposedly caused the deal to collapse at the last second.
Serious question: why do you think that Aresco and the AAC are involved?

Reaction Score
He did mention Slive one upping Delaney earlier.

Sooooo..SEC-ACC and someone? ESPN pretty much owns both of those conferences.

So Disney-ABC announces the new ESPN East conference?

Reaction Score
Actually, there has been some chatter that the Big 12 and ACC might merge their wrestling leagues...the ACC has six participants and the Big 12 has four.

Reaction Score
He did mention Slive one upping Delaney earlier.

Sooooo..SEC-ACC and someone? ESPN pretty much owns both of those conferences.

So Disney-ABC announces the new ESPN East conference?
My suspicion was similar to you'res about a possible blending of the ACC into the SEC or maybe a Texas connection ?

Reaction Score
Actually, there has been some chatter that the Big 12 and ACC might merge their wrestling leagues...the ACC has six participants and the Big 12 has four.

I've been reading about this on the Virginia Tech board. They joke that this would finally get West Virginia a toe in the ACC since WVU has wrestling. I submitted that if we do wrestling, we might as well do swimming too. The Big XII only has 3 men's swimming programs (WVU, Texas, and TCU). They have 5 women's. The ACC has 13 men's and women's swimming programs. To only have 3 programs in men's is pitiful. If swimming combined, the Big XII swimmers could at least feel like they are at a real meet for the championship.

I don't know if the wrestling thing is truly in the works or just another rumor. But it is an interesting concept and could be filler content for a TV network.

Reaction Score
My suspicion was similar to you'res about a possible blending of the ACC into the SEC or maybe a Texas connection ?

My suspicion, if anything really exists, is maybe an ACC/SEC scheduling agreement or an ACC/SEC/B12 scheduling agreement. This would be good for many schools of the ACC and SEC due the to 8 game schedule. Including the B12 as well adds more rivalry games, including Pitt/WVU, TX/TAMU, OK/Bama, Mizzou/Kansas. Many ACC/SEC games already take place, so this would help scheduling for the schools that do not play in state rivalry games.

Reaction Score
There was some talk a few months back about an SEC-ACC scheduling partnership...

Clemson-S. Carolina, FSU-Florida, Georgia-GT, & Louisville-Kentucky already have an annual game...and Wake and Vandy have a long running series. VT and Tennessee will meet at the NASCAR track (commemorative spit cups will be issued to the first 80,000 ticket buyers).

Reaction Score
My suspicion, if anything really exists, is maybe an ACC/SEC scheduling agreement or an ACC/SEC/B12 scheduling agreement. This would be good for many schools of the ACC and SEC due the to 8 game schedule. Including the B12 as well adds more rivalry games, including Pitt/WVU, TX/TAMU, OK/Bama, Mizzou/Kansas. Many ACC/SEC games already take place, so this would help scheduling for the schools that do not play in state rivalry games.

The Barclay's Center in Brooklyn is having a press conference this morning to announce a Barclay's Center-ACC-Atlantic 10 scheduling partnership. Both Conferences will have Championship Tournaments there and 3 years of double headers in Brooklyn. But this doesn't include Mike Slive.

Reaction Score
" Barclays Center announced today a two-year agreement with the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and an extension with the Atlantic 10 Conference (A-10) that secures postseason conference tournaments in Brooklyn’s major sports and entertainment venue through 2021.

The ACC Tournament will be played at Barclays Center in 2017 and ’18. The A-10 will continue to hold its championship at Barclays Center in 2015 and 2016 and then return to the venue for three years in 2019, 2020 and 2021. The ACC and the A-10 will play inter-conference doubleheaders at Barclays Center in 2015, 2016 and 2017"

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think the B12 and SEC should partner. It would stave off expansion by both conferences (mostly a concern for the B12) for the time being, give WVU plenty of closer schools (Tenn, Kentucky, Vandy) to play against, and give the SEC even more reach into Texas recruiting grounds.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think the ACC to the Barclays makes sense. That's why they wanted the Fruit Flies (and UCONN before BC blocked it) in the first place: more NYC exposure. A tournament in North Carolina has absolutely zero buzz. A tournament in NYC does and ESPiN can market the heck out of it. Look how much publicity TICKET PRICES have generated from UCONN being in a Sweet 16 at MSG. Nothing about the game matchups, just pre-game buzz about ticket prices. You get that kind of buzz when you play in NYC and the ACC understands that. Now if only the B1G would understand that and get us out of the AAC.

Reaction Score
I've folled CR for a while and much like the Dud and Tuxedo Yoyo, next to nothing Mhver claims ever comes to fruition. That said I wish conferences would partner up more at least in non revenue sports. The Big 12 Wrestling Conference was once a strong league, but CR completely gutted it. A merger between the two would create a nice overall conference and raise both league's level of competition

Ok St
OU
ISU
WVU
+
VPI
Pitt
UVA
UNC
NCST
Duke

It's not the B1G but it certainly is not chopped liver.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the ACC to the Barclays makes sense. That's why they wanted the Fruit Flies (and UCONN before BC blocked it) in the first place: more NYC exposure. A tournament in North Carolina has absolutely zero buzz. A tournament in NYC does and ESPiN can market the heck out of it. Look how much publicity TICKET PRICES have generated from UCONN being in a Sweet 16 at MSG. Nothing about the game matchups, just pre-game buzz about ticket prices. You get that kind of buzz when you play in NYC and the ACC understands that. Now if only the B1G would understand that and get us out of the AAC.
Well, you get that kind of buzz, if you are playing in Manhattan, in MSG and of course you are UConn, borrowing the A-10 venue for a couple of years? Not so much.

Reaction Score
I've folled CR for a while and much like the Dud and Tuxedo Yoyo, next to nothing er claims ever comes to fruition. That said I wish conferences would partner up more at least in non revenue sports. The Big 12 Wrestling Conference was once a strong league, but CR completely gutted it. A merger between the two would create a nice overall conference and raise both league's level of competition

Ok St
OU
ISU
WVU
+
VPI
Pitt
UVA
UNC
NCST
Duke

It's not the B1G but it certainly is not chopped liver.

There are a couple of posters on the Va Tech board claiming this is in the works for a couple of months now. Apparently Wrestling has strong tradition in Oklahoma, and those schools want more of a league to work with. I have no idea if it is truly happening, but it is a strong rumor at least as a scheduling alliance.

Reaction Score
There are a couple of posters on the Va Tech board claiming this is in the works for a couple of months now. Apparently Wrestling has strong tradition in Oklahoma, and those schools want more of a league to work with. I have no idea if it is truly happening, but it is a strong rumor at least as a scheduling alliance.

Apparently wrestling has a strong tradition in Oklahoma? LOL that's like saying apparently hockey has a strong traditon in Canada.

Reaction Score
Why the NE just does not fit in with the southern hayseeds.

FSU national champ logo NASCAR car that will be driven in Daytona...

Now...if the Huskies put up a national champ logo (BB) NASCAR entry, I think that the doors would fly open.

thumb.aspx

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Now...if the Huskies put up all their national champ logos on a (BB) NASCAR entry, I think that the doors would fly open. they'd need a third car.

thumb.aspx

Fixed it for you.

Reaction Score
I'll look for the entry.....would give Coach K's thunder road fans heartburn. And King Richard Petty would throw off his sunglasses and feathered cowboy hat and head to the pits with a UNC decal and a helmet to challenge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom