Non-Key Tweets | Page 246 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
DMA is a region not a statistic. I think it stands for Designated Marketing Area, or something similar. I believe it was derived from the reach of broadcast television stations back in the day.

Oklahoma population is about the same as Connecticut (3.9M vs 3.6M) but Connecticut is a more attractive demographic (better per capita and houshold income.)

To put it another way, if you live in CT and you get Fox 5 you are in the NYC DMA, but if you get FOX 61 you are in Hartford/New Haven.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
To put it another way, if you live in CT and you get Fox 5 you are in the NYC DMA, but if you get FOX 61 you are in Hartford/New Haven.
Before the mandatory digital converter boxes, we got both. There were NFL Sundays when we had 2 double headers on Fox and CBS.

Last edited:

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I think Twitter should adjust its 140-character policy to accommodate conference realignment related non-key tweets.
Reading through these successive pi$$ing match tweet strings is annoying.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4h4 hours ago
RT:"@finebaum: "My sense is that 1/3 of our Presidents want us to get bigger" - BigXII Commissioner Bob Bowlsby"
WVU-OU-ISU

Texas Roundball ‏@TexasRoundball · 51m51 minutes ago
@flugempire osu will tag on whatever ou is saying

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 35m35 minutes ago
@TexasRoundball I don't know about that...but what we do know is Boren has some sort of internal Insitutional and/or Big Cigar support for..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 34m34 minutes ago
@TexasRoundball ....coming out and throwing bombs at Texas...describing LHN as a failure...and again today putting his flag in the ground

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 58m58 minutes ago
http://m.oudaily.com/sports/boren-s...5b0-1c66-11e5-8292-a38994908076.html?mode=jqm

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 37m37 minutes ago
Boren not backing down...
Texas remains silent.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914@Expansion_crush @NebGradDubDub
Remember what Big Ten man told me on Friday night on April 17th?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 28m28 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur retweeted Greg Flugaur

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 24m24 minutes ago

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/589271605311893504
Greg Flugaur added,
Greg Flugaur @flugempire
...Kansas are both truly there for the taking in 7-8 years.
In a wicked twist.."Marylands Bridge" has been replaced by "Missouri Bridge"...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 15m15 minutes ago
Next Friday night
Sitting down - same Big Ten Man
At the same Bar

Oh boy

At this time I have no clue what will be said to me.
#inthedark

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
If Missouri will go B1G, they can be our partner for 16 and Kansas and OU can be 18 in 10 years.

Likely, they will go to 20 somehow.

New adds in your scenario: Oklahoma, Kansas, Mizzou, and UConn.

Let's say they add Colorado St (since this is Flugar's game, he mentioned it) and, to keep the Dude/Flug dichotomy going, WVU (I know it's stupid, but Dude mentioned it and it works for me to keep the East/West balance reasonable without taking someone from the ACC, add someone else from the East if you must).

Split them into 4 groups

A - PSU, UConn, UMD, Rutgers, any Eastern school you can dream of here.
B - Indiana, Michigan, MSU, OSU, Purdue
C - Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, NW, Wisconsin
D - CSU, Kansas, Mizzou, UNL, Oklahoma

pj

Reaction Score
Surely they'd wait at 18 to see if they could get Virginia or Va Tech plus UNC, Duke, Ga Tech, or Vanderbilt for 20.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Surely they'd wait at 18 to see if they could get Virginia or Va Tech plus UNC, Duke, Ga Tech, or Vanderbilt for 20.

Absolutely they would. Just playing The Flug/Dude game. There are some within the ACC that are getting antsy without a conference network, but I think the ACC is in it for the long haul. Always at a disadvantage and they may lose a member here and there, but they stay together. The Big12 is an implosion just waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
Absolutely they would. Just playing The Flug/Dude game. There are some within the ACC that are getting antsy without a conference network, but I think the ACC is in it for the long haul. Always at a disadvantage and they may lose a member here and there, but they stay together. The Big12 is an implosion just waiting to happen.
If the ACCN ever were to get off the ground, and they added UCONN to replace a school like UVA who left for the B1G...the ACCN would do very well in the NYC DMA (where it would end up by default because parts of CT fall into it). No matter what anyone says...basketball trumps college football in NYC DMA any day of the week.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda retweeted

ESPN Big 12 ‏@ESPN_Big12 · 2h2 hours ago
Big 12 expansion is not just a possibility, but an inevitability
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/100511/big-12-expansion-no-longer-an-if-but-rather-a-when

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 1h1 hour ago
You know what's funny? UofH fans that think they are getting in the B12. No chance. Zero. Coog fball about to be permanently marginalized.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 34m34 minutes ago
Looking more & more like it will be UCF, BYU (fball only), Cinci & Memphis. Shift in focus from UConn to Memphis is reason for brief delay.

Tuxedo Yoda retweeted

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn · Jun 29
@TTuberville dropped some bombs on us today on @SiriusXMCollege a/b the future of CFB. Thinks another realignment is coming & soon.

Tuxedo Yoda retweeted

Sports News ‏@_sports1_ · 37m37 minutes ago
Big 12's Playoff chances similar to non-powers', says Cincinnati's Tommy Tuberville
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/6/30/8867729/big-12-expansion-playoff-cincinnati

pj

Reaction Score
The only possible reason for Memphis over UConn is that UConn is going elsewhere. B1G would be logical, but who would be the partner? Seems like Missouri or Vanderbilt are the only possibilities, but that would leave the SEC at 13. Maybe Notre Dame to join the ACC and an ACC school moves to the SEC or B1G, ACC and SEC both staying at 14?

Or maybe deregulation will permit the B1G to play at 15.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm very ambivalent when I hear our named mentioned with the Big 12. It would be a horrific fit, but we can't afford to wait for the next lifeboat.

The only possible reason for Memphis over UConn is that UConn is going elsewhere. B1G would be logical, but who would be the partner? Seems like Missouri or Vanderbilt are the only possibilities, but that would leave the SEC at 13. Maybe Notre Dame to join the ACC and an ACC school moves to the SEC or B1G, ACC and SEC both staying at 14?

We need to let HFD back onto the board so he can assure us that UConn has been turning down P5 offers for the last three years.

Reaction Score

Or because Memphis is coming off a great football season, has a young coach with a bright future, culturally is a better fit for the Big 12, is geographically closer, has a decent basketball program, has a megamillionaire booster in guy from FedEx...

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 6h6 hours ago
Thinking about the Big 12 coverup. Dennis Dodd knew. So did @mikecasazza because he told me 3 years ago.

So who was the first person to say the Big 12 would lose $ by expanding? Oliver Luck I believe followed by Bowlsby.

But neither said specifically TV $ was included. Could it be that we all just made an assumption? i know I did.

Because I've poured thru my notes while on vacation and nary a person told me that Big 12 TV $ would not go up.

What they did say was revenues would go down. They did say no one had the value they needed.

And there is one rather detailed explanation by a WVU source about TV appearances and guarantees per school.

How minimum & maximum appearances effect earnings.

So my apologies. I got it wrong. i knew better. I violated my own rule about double & triple checking.

it's especially troubling to me that I had in my notes Dennis Dodd's statement about the B12 getting the same amount of $ for expansion.

No matter who they added.

The troubling thing for me is that @dennisdoddcbs reported that fact in 2012 but a year later he also reported the same about B12 expansion.

So clearly the party line was not to expand. It's the same. I'm told a B12 CCG may add no money to the TV contract at all.

Then again Chuck Neinas was told the same thing by representatives of ESPN/ABC and Fox Sports

ESPN/ABC and Fox Sports indicated that Notre Dame would increase the value of the conference relative to future TV $ http://www.si.com/si-wire/2012/06/29/big-12-commissioner-irish-only-team-add-value

The answer is Yes. OU & WVU have both spoken to the SEC in 2013. They decided the GoR is insurmountable & Texas told the B1G no thanks.

I've told a select few about OU & WVU & the SEC. Didn't see the need to stir up trouble with the GoR & all.

Both OU & WVU were concerned about UT. The neither have those concerns anymore. And the GoR...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
i only mention that about WVU, OU & the SEC now because it's old news but rumors from the lunatic fringe starting to seep out.

Reaction Score
Here is Dennis Dodd's story from 2012:

"The new Big 12 TV deal is expected to be announced any day, perhaps here this week as a celebration of the league's new-found strength. Within that deal is a clause that will give any new expansion candidates the same money as the current members (estimated to be at least $20 million per year).

One industry source said that number applies whether the Big 12 invites, "Appalachian State or Florida State." And according to another industry source, ESPN wouldn't stand in the way of Big 12 expansion even after negotiating a new deal with the ACC."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...n-and-feeling-its-oats-sitting-at-10-12-or-14

Reaction Score
Because I've poured thru my notes while on vacation and nary a person told me that Big 12 TV $ would not go up.

What they did say was revenues would go down. They did say no one had the value they needed.

And there is one rather detailed explanation by a WVU source about TV appearances and guarantees per school.

How minimum & maximum appearances effect earnings.

So my apologies. I got it wrong. i knew better. I violated my own rule about double & triple checking.

This is how I imagine the Dude spends his days.

dude of wv.jpg

Reaction Score
"Hey Huskies, word is the AAC is getting poached you're effed again."
""

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member