Non-Key Tweets | Page 138 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bradley Airport, to Hartford, to The Rent, to Storrs. Maybe Cabelas will somehow tip the scales. But wait, have you seen the Bass Pro Shop in Memphis?!

Reaction Score
I'm married and out of state. But you single people in Connecticut should take one for the team and get a profile on farmersonly.com. And mention UConn football, y'all.

Reaction Score
This is a weird statement. Why would Fox over pay to keep Texas away from The Big10? If the rumored move is true, Fox will be overpaying for The Big10 and having Texas, along with Kansas and Oklahoma (assuming that's the case) would wind up saving money. The ACC I can see, but I would think Fox wants Texas to go the Big10.

I just see The Big12 as a dead conference walking and will cease to be a P5 conference in the next 7-8 years. The main parts will be gobbled up while the dregs (Baylor, TCU, ISU, OkieSt, and KSU) will be left to their own devices.

If the Big 12 does disband here are the following ways I see could happen:

1. UT and KU to Big 10; OU and WVU to SEC; TCU and Baylor to ACC (ACC would get into the state of Texas and two good football programs); TT, UCONN, UH, Memphis, UC, UCF, USF, ECU, KSU, ISU, OSU and BYU form new conference

2. UT and OU to Big 10; WVU and KU to SEC; TCU and Baylor to ACC; new conference same as #1

3. UT, OU, TT and OSU to PAC; WVU and KU to SEC; Baylor and TCU to ACC; ISU and KSU to American Athletic Conference

4. Same as #3 except replace Baylor and TCU with ISU and KSU

5. UT, OU, TT, OSU to PAC; WVU and ISU to ACC; KU and UCONN to Big 10; KSU, Baylor and TCU and Houston to Mountain West

6. UT, OU, TT, OSU to PAC; WVU and UCONN to ACC; KU, KSU, Baylor, ISU and TCU with Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati, UCF and USF form new conference

7. UT, OU, KU and TT to PAC; OSU and WVU to SEC; Baylor and TCU to ACC; KSU and ISU to new conference

8. UT, OU, KU and TT to PAC; WVU and UCONN to ACC; KSU, ISU, Baylor, TCU and OSU to new conference

I don't see any other scenario. No conference is going beyond 16 (except ACC if ND remains steadfast to independence). If Texas, West Virginia and Oklahoma aren't available cuz another conference gets them then I could see TCU and Baylor being looked at. The ACC could go to pods with TCU, Baylor, Florida State and Miami in one pod, GT/Clemson/NCSU and WF in another pod, UNC/Duke/UVA and Virginia Tech and finally Pitt/Cuse/Louisville and BC.

Reaction Score

1. UT and KU to Big 10; OU and WVU to SEC; TCU and Baylor to ACC (ACC would get into the state of Texas and two good football programs); TT, UCONN, UH, Memphis, UC, UCF, USF, ECU, KSU, ISU, OSU and BYU form new conference

2. UT and OU to Big 10; WVU and KU to SEC; TCU and Baylor to ACC; new conference same as #1

3. UT, OU, TT and OSU to PAC; WVU and KU to SEC; Baylor and TCU to ACC; ISU and KSU to American Athletic Conference

5. UT, OU, TT, OSU to PAC; WVU and ISU to ACC; KU and UCONN to Big 10; KSU, Baylor and TCU and Houston to Mountain West

6. UT, OU, TT, OSU to PAC; WVU and UCONN to ACC; KU, KSU, Baylor, ISU and TCU with Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati, UCF and USF form new conference

7. UT, OU, KU and TT to PAC; OSU and WVU to SEC; Baylor and TCU to ACC; KSU and ISU to new conference

8. UT, OU, KU and TT to PAC; WVU and UCONN to ACC; KSU, ISU, Baylor, TCU and OSU to new conference

I don't see any other scenario. No conference is going beyond 16 (except ACC if ND remains steadfast to independence). If Texas, West Virginia and Oklahoma aren't available cuz another conference gets them then I could see TCU and Baylor being looked at. The ACC could go to pods with TCU, Baylor, Florida State and Miami in one pod, GT/Clemson/NCSU and WF in another pod, UNC/Duke/UVA and Virginia Tech and finally Pitt/Cuse/Louisville and BC.

Good Lord! That's enough to get a headache. For three days the rumors are Big XII additions due to being harmed by not playing Game 13 and winning it like the other 4 leagues with Conference Championship Games. If Alabama, FSU, OSU, or Oregon had lost, the Big XII would be getting praise for its brilliance today. The Big XII isn't going anywhere as long as Texas is happy with it. Right now they seem to be.

That idea of the Federal Express money man buying Memphis into the Big XII was interesting. But it seems to be falling apart.

Reaction Score
OK, if the pro-expansion teams (Oklahoma & everyone else) are blocked by the anti-expansion team (Texas), it is conceivable that the XII falls apart. Under this scenario, I would guess the following (fingers & toes crossed):

ACC: Cincinnati (16 total, 1 partial member)

B1G: Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas & UConn (16 total)

PAC: Kansas St, Oklahoma St, Texas Tech, Colorado St (16 total)

SEC: West Virginia & Baylor (16 total)

The ACC does not have many good choices left besides waiting for ND’s full membership and grab Cincinnati to expand into the Midwest and to annoy the B1G (Ohio St). Should ND become a full member, the ACC would jump to 20 by picking 3 of the following: Temple, Old Dominion, UNC Charlotte, Memphis, South Florida, Central Florida.

As for the B1G, I assume that the SEC does not want Texas while the ACC is not attractive for them, though the ACC is most likely to offer the Long Horns a special, i.e. ND, like deal. The PAC does not offer enough money. Thus, Texas to the B1G. The B1G also wants states to be somewhat contiguous, thus they take Kansas (borders Nebraska) and their AAU status and top-of-the-line basketball plus Oklahoma (in between Kansas and Texas) for form a land bridge and swallow AAU pride for football money. With two marquee football programs now in the fold, having a third is less important and the BIG turns back east to grab the best team left in the Northeast, UConn, to add more basketball weight and to screw the ACC out of NYC and gives them a toehold in Boston.

The PAC, which is geographically limited, takes the XII leftovers to give it a presence east of the Rockies, especially Texas. Colorado St. gets in now due to their new football stadium and as San Diego St. will always be available while UNLV is not quite ready yet.

SEC takes West Virginia as solid football team and potential toehold in Ohio and Pennsylvania for recruiting and DC for TV markets. SEC take Baylor for its solid football and basketball programs (decent academics, too) while, unlike Texas, it is not a threat to A&M in a state that is clearly large enough for 2 members. Baylor is taken over TCU due to its larger size and better overall sports (content) program.

Thus, TCU does to its size and as it is overlapped by other schools and Iowa St, because the B1G does not want 2 members in Iowa, are likely left out and possibly join the Mountain West.

This time, I wake-up from a dream where I was Leonardo DiCaprio and had just taken 20 girls home with me after a night clubbing in South Beach.

Reaction Score
The last 3 threads are a migraine waiting to happen. And, for the record, I can't see ANY scenario where Kansas heads to the SEC. Too many philosophical differences.

Reaction Score
Not being snarky, trying to understand why the PAC would want those schools.

OK, if the pro-expansion teams (Oklahoma & everyone else) are blocked by the anti-expansion team (Texas), it is conceivable that the XII falls apart. Under this scenario, I would guess the following (fingers & toes crossed):

The ACC does not have many good choices left besides waiting for ND’s full membership and grab Cincinnati to expand into the Midwest and to annoy the B1G (Ohio St). Should ND become a full member, the ACC would jump to 20 by picking 3 of the following: Temple, Old Dominion, UNC Charlotte, Memphis, South Florida, Central Florida.

As for the B1G, I assume that the SEC does not want Texas while the ACC is not attractive for them, though the ACC is most likely to offer the Long Horns a special, i.e. ND, like deal. The PAC does not offer enough money. Thus, Texas to the B1G. The B1G also wants states to be somewhat contiguous, thus they take Kansas (borders Nebraska) and their AAU status and top-of-the-line basketball plus Oklahoma (in between Kansas and Texas) for form a land bridge and swallow AAU pride for football money. With two marquee football programs now in the fold, having a third is less important and the BIG turns back east to grab the best team left in the Northeast, UConn, to add more basketball weight and to screw the ACC out of NYC and gives them a toehold in Boston.

The PAC, which is geographically limited, takes the XII leftovers to give it a presence east of the Rockies, especially Texas. Colorado St. gets in now due to their new football stadium and as San Diego St. will always be available while UNLV is not quite ready yet.

Reaction Score
I think the Dude seriously must be disturbed. I've let CR affect my life way more than it should, but this lunatic who's school is in the P5 just has let it consume his life.
I just imagine the Duke pulling a John Edwards in South Park and yelling "I'm special. I'm not a !!!".

Reaction Score
And, for the record, I can't see ANY scenario where Kansas heads to the SEC. Too many philosophical differences.
Intra-state political issues with KState, but which philosophical differences do you perceive between KU and the SEC?

Reaction Score
Correct Stinger - there are many olympic sports that play on Sundays and would present a scheduling issue.

Reaction Score
Not being snarky, trying to understand why the PAC would want those schools.

I made one big assumption - Texas would prefer the B1G over the PAC and ACC. Beyond that, its beggars can't be choosers if they want to expand outside of their existing footprint. The PAC is simply limited by geography. All of the major programs on the West Coast are already taken with a handful of second tier teams (SD St, Boise St, Nevada, Hawaii) that overlap their existing territory, outside of UNLV. So, I picture them getting the scraps of what the B1G and SEC do not want.

Reaction Score

Got a nice picture of you at your computer...

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

SEC takes West Virginia as solid football team and potential toehold in Ohio and Pennsylvania for recruiting and DC for TV markets. SEC take Baylor for its solid football and basketball programs (decent academics, too) while, unlike Texas, it is not a threat to A&M in a state that is clearly large enough for 2 members. Baylor is taken over TCU due to its larger size and better overall sports (content) program.

Thus, TCU does to its size and as it is overlapped by other schools and Iowa St, because the B1G does not want 2 members in Iowa, are likely left out and possibly join the Mountain West.

This time, I wake-up from a dream where I was Leonardo DiCaprio and had just taken 20 girls home with me after a night clubbing in South Beach.

Big10 - You have 18 teams instead of 16. I believe, if any conference goes to 20, it's the Big10. I think that if your scenario presents itself, Delany will grab that in a heartbeat. They would need 2 more teams to get to 20 (18 would be a mess to schedule). Who would those teams be? In a perfect scenario, the two teams would be split up between the East and West. It would allow for pods to bring back some original groupings.

Pod A: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Some Western School
Pod B: Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois
Pod C: Indiana, Michigan, MSU, OSU, Purdue
Pod D: UConn, Rutgers, PSU, UMD, Some Eastern School

The groupings would be consistent with prior arrangements and historical rivalries, at least in Pods A,B, and C. Geographically, you couldn't ask for anything better. In Pod D, you have Paterno's Eastern league started in PSU, Rutgers, and UMD. UConn fits in there very well. One other Eastern school would top it off.

Depending on who the other two teams are, this is a powerhouse of unquestioned merit in both football and basketball.

In my dream, I'm waking up right when Kate Upton and Marilyn Monroe are trying to seduce me.

Reaction Score
Why have a conference of 10-16 programs when Delaney could have an Uber Conference with two divisions of 10-12. then he would create not only his own conference, but his own Athletic Association. There would be the NCAA and the Delaney Uber Athletic Association. Seriously.

Reaction Score
what the duck* is going on in this thread?
People just like to blather for no reason...The Big 12 isn't dissolving.

Top 5 Athletic Departments:
Texas

Top 10
Oklahoma

Top 25
Oklahoma State
Kansas

Top 50
West Virginia
Texas Tech
Kansas State (40)
(TCU)
(Baylor)
Iowa State (50)

Connecticut (48)

Cincinnati (51)

So there are two premium properties that people would take on a non top 50 AD, but Kansas doesn't have enough sway to bring along Kansas State, and Oklahoma doesn't have to take care of Oklahoma State persay. When 6 of your teams are not very valuable, they aren't going to vote to destroy the conference which pays assloads of money.

Now when the GOR expires, well Iowa State and Texas Tech might be joining us in the AAC(k)...(please God, no...get us all out of here...)

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Why have a conference of 10-16 programs when Delaney could have an Uber Conference with two divisions of 10-12. then he would create not only his own conference, but his own Athletic Association. There would be the NCAA and the Delaney Uber Athletic Association. Seriously.

The funny thing is, I think Delany would do it if he could.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom