2024 Recruiting: - Nolan Traore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nolan Traore

Reaction Score
This is EXACTLY what we need, along with Reed and (hopefully) McNeeley. A point/combo guard who can handle the ball and get assists and shoots the three. And to boot, he's the equivalent of a five-star player and is a likely lottery pick in 2025. And as noted, we already play a Euro-style motion offense, which would highlight Traore's skills for the NBA better than most (all?) college programs and would compliment his experience playing in France to date. I like Traore as a fit much more than the pure shooters in the portal like Brea and Hausen.

This would be a perfect pickup. It just makes too much sense.

And the fact that it was Matrim who posted this should be seen as positive news regarding our chances.

Reaction Score
They aint mysterious anymore. When are we going to get an American born MVP? Maybe SGA this year, but league is owned by euros/internationals.

Jokic,
Doncic
Giannis
Embiid (american now, but African)
Wemby

Best under 30 American players are SGA, Tatum, Anthony Edwards.
SGA is Canadian and Jokic is winning the MVP. Might be another decade before we get another American born MVP.

Reaction Score
From the Borges article

Elsewhere, it remains to be seen what other holes the Huskies need filled. A lot depends on the decision of Alex Karaban, the 6-8 shooter who is a bit of an NBA Draft 'tweener (possible late-first round, more likely second round or undrafted). If Karaban goes (or if he stays), UConn will be in the market for a shooter, with Cam Spencer and Tristen Newton both out of eligibility. The Huskies will more likely fill that need through either a 2024 recruit or an international player.
Ty!

Woah this would be major. So if we assume 3 schollies left, 1 already being filled, would people prefer him over the possibility of Brea ? He seems tantalizing as a talent.

Reaction Score
Desmond Claude entering the portal might throw a wrinkle in this. I'm assuming that we're only grabbing one guard. So it be would either Traore or Claude. Either one would be better than the other portal guards connected to UConn to date. Not sure if Claude is on UConn's radar....

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Desmond Claude entering the portal might throw a wrinkle in this. I'm assuming that we're only grabbing one guard. So it be would either Traore or Claude. Either one would be better than the other portal guards connected to UConn to date. Not sure if Claude is on UConn's radar....

Why not both?

Reaction Score

Can't shoot at all. Call it a "meh" for me.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We've already got four guards expecting non-garbage time minutes: Diarra, Nowell, Ball and Ross. I know Ross hasn't shown much to date, but bringing in two more guards would definitely be perceived as recruiting over him, I would think. Of course, this all changes if Diarra leaves...

They’re not locked into the PG position.

They can play the 1, 2, 3, or even then 4,

Reaction Score
Huge NO on Claude. Xavier fans saying that his parents are a nightmare and calling all the shots here. No thank you

Reaction Score
This would be great. The portal guys are good, but I've always thought we need someone who can do more than shoot. Based on the limited videos on Twitter this guy has "it." Plus the obvious NBA future is a plus. Getting guys in the NBA consistently will do so much for our NIL and program - especially with Hurley's ability to develop players.

Reaction Score
We've already got four guards expecting non-garbage time minutes: Diarra, Nowell, Ball and Ross. I know Ross hasn't shown much to date, but bringing in two more guards would definitely be perceived as recruiting over him, I would think. Of course, this all changes if Diarra leaves...
Besides being listed on the roster as a forward, and exclusively playing in the frontcourt in high school, what causes you to believe Ross is expecting non-garbage time minutes at the guard position? I agree he is agile enough, has size to match up against tall shooting guards, and was an effective 3 point shooter in high school, but I doubt he sees himself on our depth chart in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
Besides being listed on the roster as a forward, and exclusively playing in the frontcourt in high school, what causes you to believe Ross is expecting non-garbage time minutes at the guard position? I agree he is agile enough, has size to match up against tall shooting guards, and was an effective 3 point shooter in high school, but I doubt he sees himself on our depth chart in the backcourt.

Fair point, he seems like a tweener between a 2G and SF.

Maybe a better way would be to group the current roster as guards, wings and bigs:

Guards: Diarra, Ball, Nowell, maybe Aposto (on the assumption he moves up from pure garbage time)
Wings: Karaban (assuming he returns), Ross, Stewart, Abraham
Bigs: Johnson, Reed, Singare

So if Ross isn't playing as a ball handler and is instead a wing, perhaps there is room to bring in two more guards? Aposto is 6'8", so perhaps he would be a wing in the scenario too?

McNeeley would be another wing, if he comes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom