Nobody even close to Stanley. RIP | The Boneyard

Nobody even close to Stanley. RIP

Reaction Score
Darn only 32, sorry to learn this news. Always enjoyed watching him play.

Reaction Score
I don’t say this to be an , but fyi he passed a few years ago.
Yeah, I was going to point out...was cofused by this thread unless an anniversary? Always happy to remember Stanley though ...tragic loss.

Reaction Score
No, I just like watching his highllights every once in a while. He was a vicious dunker and there was nobody better on put back dunks in traffic. He was something else. Stanley made you watch every minute of every game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was going to point out...was cofused by this thread unless an anniversary? Always happy to remember Stanley though ...tragic loss.
I was thinking the same. Is today the anniversary of his death? If not the OP came out of left field on this one.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
He passed a week after his birthday. Fantastic athlete and was a great person, very humble. Hoping his family is doing well without him.

Reaction Score
Great compilation of his athleticism.. Came away with two conclusions.. Didn't remember him being so prolific at dunking in a variety of different games/situations (Did not say I didn't remember him being off-the-hook as a dunker)..And .. I didn't remember him as such a demonstrative screamer after the dunks.

A cool walk down memory lane about one of the most iconic players to ever have attended UConn.. A JC fav

Reaction Score
With his ability, having a kid back at home that he loved and the fact he had to work at a local factory to get back with JC and the Huskies. He found his way back like an absolute true Husky, one of my favorite guys ever. Loved this kid, underrated in many ways. RIP Stanley

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Was at the Texas game in 2010 sitting right behind Kemba and Dysons mom.

Electric alley oop. Recorded the game and rewatched it when I got home.

“Sticks, to the rafters!” is a sports call forever etched in my mind, even though I didn’t hear the call on TV live.

Great all around human being. He is missed.

Reaction Score
Was at the Texas game in 2010 sitting right behind Kemba and Dysons mom.

Electric alley oop. Recorded the game and rewatched it when I got home.

“Sticks, to the rafters!” is a sports call forever etched in my mind, even though I didn’t hear the call on TV live.

Great all around human being. He is missed.
You were sitting right near me then since I sat in sticks seats every game next to Kemba family

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Stanley was one great human being - Perfect? No but he remembers his struggles and wanted to give back.
JC loved Stanley as his own son. I would talk to Stanley during the summers in Madison when he would come down to spend time at JC's summer home while working at JC's camp.
What an athlete

Reaction Score
No, I just like watching his highllights every once in a while. He was a vicious dunker and there was nobody better on put back dunks in traffic. He was something else. Stanley made you watch every minute of every game.
I like that — this board could always use more love (and reels) for sticks.

Reaction Score
Stanley was one great human being - Perfect? No but he remembers his struggles and wanted to give back.
JC loved Stanley as his own son. I would talk to Stanley during the summers in Madison when he would come down to spend time at JC's summer home while working at JC's camp.
What an athlete
hanging out with JC and Sticks in Buffalo Bay. You have the life my friend!

Reaction Score
Was a SF back then but Would have been the perfect PF for today’s game. Coulda used a guy like him last year

Reaction Score
Watching the highlights of him again, it reminded me how gifted he was. Aside from the jumping, he had great hands and read shots well; whether they would be short, long, off to the side. Martin has that gift of reading shots and is part of what makes him such a great rebounder.
The other thing about the highlights I noticed is the movement. He's always looking for an opening or open floor. Dunking is today's obsession and has been for a while, but watching Sticks's highlights, kids could learn some valuable lessons. My favorite is the dunk after the failed putback after his own missed free throw. When he was energized, he was a force of nature.

Lastly, it also reminded me of how good Dyson and few others were at throwing the lob to him.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Sticks had great body control, especially in the air taking contact, and a great nose for the ball as mentioned above. He used to just say just throw it up in the vicinity of the hoop and he would go get it. While he did fall in love with the 3 a bit too much, he was actually a better shooter than his percentages say. I used to rag on him for boosting his ratings in NCAA 2K because the "game got his game wrong." Oh the memories.

Reaction Score
Always a good tribute to Sticks, and a good reminder of what this program is all about.

Reaction Score
Sticks had great body control, especially in the air taking contact, and a great nose for the ball as mentioned above. He used to just say just throw it up in the vicinity of the hoop and he would go get it. While he did fall in love with the 3 a bit too much, he was actually a better shooter than his percentages say. I used to rag on him for boosting his ratings in NCAA 2K because the "game got his game wrong." Oh the memories.
I use to kill him with Rautins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom