OT: - No Gavitt Games Ever?? | The Boneyard

OT: No Gavitt Games Ever??

Reaction Score
This is the last year so unless it's renewed we won't be a part of it, but nobody else will in future years either
I hope it is renewed So they can redo the rotations with us included

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Would much rather prefer an event like this where P5 teams play ooc games on their home courts than the neutral site affairs in front of crickets hundreds of miles away from campus.

While I think there was room to improve the quality of the match-ups in the Tipoff games I do share the sentiment that it is nice to have these early P6 matchups in home courts. I hope they renew the contract and that UConn gets its chance to participate

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As long as they fill the spot with someone decent, I really don’t care if we’re in this or not.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think it’s kind of important for the Big East to try to renew this. It helps further legitimize the league as a major player without football.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

If they want to maximize for TV, but the BIG wants to stay at 8 teams, then they should make the match-ups based on prior season conference standings. 1st from BE plays 1st from BIG, etc...

Obviously makes it harder to plan for future OOC games, but if they want this to be a true "challenge" of what conference is better, this is one path to take. Could take it a step further and create trophy's for the teams that win the 1 seed match-up (Gold Cup), 2 seed match-up (Silver Cup) and 3 seed match-up (Bronze Cup).

Put the games 1 - 4 seed match-ups on FOX all day on a Saturday after college football is over. FS1 can carry the 5-8 match-ups simultaneously or on the Wednesday + Friday night prior.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom