No bowling per CBS | The Boneyard

No bowling per CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I don't think Rutgers will win the conference.

Reaction Score
Unless PP brought in better talent than what we have at QB and WR, I will reluctantly have to agree with CBS. Not too sure about this years OL & DL either.

With the squad we ended last year with, taking away the graduates and transfer outs, I'm not sure UConn would show too good against any of the BCS opponents our conference mates are speculated to be paired against.

No bad things to say about PP, I just think this is another rebuilding year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So what's the point of something like this before the guy even knows who will actually be playing for what teams.? Key injuries, whatever. This is pre-season, even pre-spring practice and takes the craziness of pre-season polls a step beyond irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Unless PP brought in better talent than what we have at QB and WR, I will reluctantly have to agree with CBS.

obviously you never know until they take the field, but i don't see how you can look at what's happened over the last year and not think we've improved at QB from last year. even if Whitmer or Cochran isn't the savior we're hoping for, all the parts we return are more seasoned. personally i'm expecting big things from Whitmer. 3000 yards passing and 8-9 wins, but i'm an optimist

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Time to post the CBS projections for each of the 463 bowls in the locker rooms at both Burton/Shenkman and The Rent for spring practice. Start motivating now.

Reaction Score
Isn't the overrating of Rutgers getting a bit passe'? What on earth even remotely suggests they will win the conference?

Reaction Score
What on earth even remotely suggests they will win the conference?
Well, their biggest obstacle from years past is now coaching in the NFL, so there is that.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Hard to project a team with a new coach winning the conference. Other than Holgerson last year, PP, Graham, Butch Jones first year, Kelley at ND, Muschamp at Fla...lots of examples of first year coaches struggling.

Lots of reasons to question UConn...but with WVU off of a not that tough schedule, not making a bowl next year would be a huge disappointment. I expect a significant improvement in year 2 of the PP regime.

Reaction Score
Unless PP brought in better talent than what we have at QB and WR, I will reluctantly have to agree with CBS. Not too sure about this years OL & DL either.

With the squad we ended last year with, taking away the graduates and transfer outs, I'm not sure UConn would show too good against any of the BCS opponents our conference mates are speculated to be paired against.

Thank God I didn't read your other 64 posts. I would have killed myself by now and missed this classic post.

Reaction Score
On his website, Jerry Palm has this at the end of his basketball projection picks: "Bracket note: Bracket projections are always based on "as if the tournament started today." I am not predicting how teams will finish the season. If the conference tournament is ongoing, the projected "champion" is the team with the highest seed remaining in the tournament."

I couldn't find a similar statement for his football projection picks, but IMO I gotta think that's how he'd quantify his pre- and regular season football projections too. It's like they say in the ads...past performance is no indication of future returns...hence read the prospectus before you decide to invest.

I'm investing in UConn to win big this year and to go bowling!

Reaction Score
With Whitmer & Cochran, plus the experience the returning QB's have we definatly should be much better at that position. If that crazy intercepted pass vs Vandy wasn't attempted, we probably would've gone bowling last year. That's how close it was. The slightest QB improvement will be signifiant for this team.
Regarding the WR's, the talent level should improve. But with both Moore's graduating, experience, or lack of, will play an important part here.
Regarding Rutgers winning the BE, I suppose with WV leaving, it's anyone's title to grab. Rutgers would've won the BE last year had they not run into us. It's probably best for the BE because WV was still a member and they kicked ACC butt for the BE. I doubt RU could've done that.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I think we're just fine at QB and WR. We have Chandler Whitmer 6'2 190 lbs Illinois commit who was a 4* coming out of high school. He felt he had the talent to play rite away, so he decided to transfer to Juco were he passed for 3,017 yards 25 TD's with an 11-1 record all in his first year. He brings in plenty of talent for Uconn and I think starts for us (my opinion). Not to mention Casey Cochran 6'1 207 lbs high 3* (#21) Pro-style QB (#1) in the state of CT with lots of talent coming in with QB coach Shane Day coming from the NFL not a coach coming from AKRON like Edsall did! we're looking good...... Shakim Phillips a 6'2 205 lbs 4* BC commit Uconn transfer (#21) WR and (#1) coming out of NJ who transferred not because of playing time he just wanted to come to Uconn and shine. This kid was compared to Mohamed Massaquoi the star Wr from Georgia who now plays for the Cleveland Browns coming out of high school. Bryce McNeal a 4* 6'1 WR has 4.4 speed coming from Clemson w/ playing time experience, kid was a top 10 wr coming out of high school. Joseph Williams 6'0 200 lbs RB who has 4.4 speed coming out of high school will do fine if Lyle who stands 5'7 5'8 170 lbs who doesn't have breakaway speed can run for over 1,000 yards lets see what Joseph can do. SO I DON'T AGREE WITH CBS! I'm pretty comfortable with our OL and DL we're bringing in experience at both side of the ball. Yawin Smallwood, Sio Moore, Trevardo Williams, Gratz, Wilson, TY and Jones in Don Brown 2nd year which is always better 2nd yr around. I can't wait till this season!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom