HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness
812AE6B1-287D-4CF1-B6E6-6B1B144848E4.jpeg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Nika to the Liberty. While the Liberty’s trio of guards, Ionescu, Sloot & Johannes can all score, they could really use a defensive stopper to lock onto high scoring guards like LV’s Young, etc.

Beyond giving the Liberty a defensive stopper, Nika would be an immediate fan favorite, given the proximity of the NYL to UConn. I can see all kinds of enhanced revenue opportunities for the Liberty; ticket sales, tv viewership, etc.
You and I are of one mind, OD. I mentioned earlier that Nika would give the Liberty a very different look when she came in to spell Sloot. Something that hadn't occurred to me, though, is that Sabrina spent her first three years at Oregon as the secondary point guard -- Maite Cazorla was the primary. So between Oregon and New York, Sabrina has spent a lot of time playing off the ball, or sharing point guard duties. Nika spent all of this season on a team with three point guards.

Between a natural fit, getting another UConn grad to join Stewie, and the fannies in the seats that you mention, Sandy Brondello and the Liberty brass must be taking a long look at Nika.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe that Nika Mulhl dramatically improved her draft WNBA chances in that game. It was an impressive performance in fact I'll go so far as to say it was the best defensive performance in a loss I've ever seen. But for an unfortunate call that took the outcome of that game out of the hands of the players, it probably would have been the big story between that game and a Connecticut/South Carolina final.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Nika to the Liberty. While the Liberty’s trio of guards, Ionescu, Sloot & Johannes can all score, they could really use a defensive stopper to lock onto high scoring guards like LV’s Young, etc.

Beyond giving the Liberty a defensive stopper, Nika would be an immediate fan favorite, given the proximity of the NYL to UConn. I can see all kinds of enhanced revenue opportunities for the Liberty; ticket sales, tv viewership, etc.
I want to hear the announcer say "Muhl to Stewart, Score!"

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The game that Nika was crying in was against Butler, Nika's 5th game to play in. The next game was at Tennessee which she sat on the bench the whole game. The game after Tenn she started, it was against Georgetown, she would start the rest of the season until she injured her ankle in the first NCAA Tournament game against Highpoint after playing only 14 minutes. She played in a total of 23 games starting in 13 of those. I believe that if Nika had not twisted her ankle in the Highpoint game that UConn would have ended up in the Championship game and would have won it against Stanford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom