Nika Mühl: new UConn single-game assists record! | The Boneyard

Nika Mühl: new UConn single-game assists record!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really enjoy her old-school PG game. The game is so much now about scoring point guards, at all levels -- and there are definitely times when I've wished Nika was maybe knocking down some more shots -- but such a fun throwback to point guards who defend and set the table for everyone else. And of course right now with this team her scoring isn't needed so she's just perfect as the engine.

Reaction Score
Hurry and enjoy her now, as per a poster here this week she will not be even starting after 10 games. ;):eek:
Not bad for a player who some on this board have said: can't shoot, can't make layups, slow feet and can't play defense, fouls too often and we are playing 4 on 5 with her in the game. What these people don't understand is that: she can shoot, she can hit her lay-ups. she can play defense (DPOY from what I remember), and from my memory she has never fouled out of a game. She's a darn good player and she has been showing it since she got her and she is getting better and better.

Reaction Score
Extraordinary performance. Her floor vision is vastly improved from last year as is her physical strength. Some of those passes were just perfect. If you watch that 2 on 1 with Lou where Lou got the "and 1" she held the ball until the exact moment when the defender committed ever so slightly before making a perfect dish.

Reaction Score
As I watch replys, amazing to see Aubrey's speed getting down the floor and skying over taller defenders for layups. In many cases, Nika had only inches to fit the pass in. Have to give both credit but especially Nika since the speed of these plays were not something you can practice very often.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not bad for a player who some on this board have said: can't shoot, can't make layups, slow feet and can't play defense, fouls too often and we are playing 4 on 5 with her in the game. What these people don't understand is that: she can shoot, she can hit her lay-ups. she can play defense (DPOY from what I remember), and from my memory she has never fouled out of a game. She's a darn good player and she has been showing it since she got her and she is getting better and better.
I think you may be misremembering some of the comments made about Nika this past summer. Some here were saying Nika had developed a mid-range game and was determined to drive to the hoop more and that her scoring would improve this season. My position is that Nika can’t change who she is and how she plays offensively at this point in her life; many disagreed and arguments ensued.

Well, three games in Nika has take 6 shots, 3 of them from the arc. Am I critical? Heck, no. Her effort, energy, and defensive spirit were never questioned. Her point guard skills have improved every year and she’s become a complete team leader. I wouldn’t trade her for anyone for while Nika may not be a perfect point guard, she’s perfect for this team.

I understand the jubilation for the Nika-defenders but before you rub ”critics’” noses in the mud try to remember what the argument was. After all, the critics are fans of Nika too, just in varying degrees

Reaction Score
I think you may be misremembering some of the comments made about Nika this past summer. Some here were saying Nika had developed a mid-range game and was determined to drive to the hoop more and that her scoring would improve this season. My position is that Nika can’t change who she is and how she plays offensively at this point in her life; many disagreed and arguments ensued.

Well, three games in Nika has take 6 shots, 3 of them from the arc. Am I critical? Heck, no. Her effort, energy, and defensive spirit were never questioned. Her point guard skills have improved every year and she’s become a complete team leader. I wouldn’t trade her for anyone for while Nika may not be a perfect point guard, she’s perfect for this team.

I understand the jubilation for the Nika-defenders but before you rub ”critics’” noses in the mud try to remember what the argument was. After all, the critics are fans of Nika too, just in varying degrees
I remember quite well thank you. It appears as though some noses fit! Also, I was busy basking on a beaches in eastern africa for most to the summer so didn't read much on the boneyard, so your 'misremembering' comment is misinformed!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I'm a proud european fan, so I like the way it goes
But, if Nika is a pure defender (100%) but for sure not a shooter and that will always be a problem

Reaction Score
But, if Nika is a pure defender (100%) but for sure not a shooter and that will always be a problem
Didnt she shoot close to 35% last year from 3? Not too bad for not being a shooter. She will be fine. She can hit the three when we need her to.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
When she needs to facilitate she will. When she needs to defend she will. When needs to score she will. She feeds the hot hands. When their hands are cold, Nika will feed herself. I prefer to call her Nike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom