Nice Write-Up on Pat Narduzzi | The Boneyard

Nice Write-Up on Pat Narduzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There are a few candidates out there who I would be thrilled with if we landed, including Narduzzi. One thing that I feel very good about is that we will be too well prepared for this hiring process to not land one of the very good ones.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There are a few candidates out there who I would be thrilled with if we landed, including Narduzzi. One thing that I feel very good about is that we will be too well prepared for this hiring process to not land one of the very good ones.

Completely agree. Firing PP/GDL early in the season is allowing for this process to completely play out. We can do our homework and potential candidates can do theirs. Opposed to the two weeks that we were given the last time after the coaching carousel stopped and with an inept AD in charge of the hire.

Reaction Score
Nice find Dooley...he has been on my list from the begining...got a feeling he is high up on Warde's list too.

Dooley

Reaction Score
From UConnBlog.com...

5.) Speaking of the Spartans, defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, once thought as a likely candidate to be the next leader of UConn football, is now off my list. Not because he’s not a capable coach, but because he’ll likely receive much better offers in the off off-season.

He has done an unbelievable job out in East Lansing, and current MSU headman Mark D’Antonio wants to have Narduzzi as his successor. This isn’t to say Narduzzi will always be sporting Sparty, if you will, but he will be in high-demand when opportunities arise come this December and next.

Reaction Score
From UConnBlog.com...

5.) Speaking of the Spartans, defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, once thought as a likely candidate to be the next leader of UConn football, is now off my list. Not because he’s not a capable coach, but because he’ll likely receive much better offers in the off off-season.

He has done an unbelievable job out in East Lansing, and current MSU headman Mark D’Antonio wants to have Narduzzi as his successor. This isn’t to say Narduzzi will always be sporting Sparty, if you will, but he will be in high-demand when opportunities arise come this December and next.

I'm starting to feel this way as well. This guy just gets hotter by the hour. If he is willing to hold out one more year he will have his pick of jobs. I'm sure we will have no shortage of quality candidates.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'm starting to feel this way as well. This guy just gets hotter by the hour. If he is willing to hold out one more year he will have his pick of jobs. I'm sure we will have no shortage of quality candidates.

You may be right. This offseason doesn't look like a plethora of coaching vacancies will be available. If we paid him well (and increased our assistant coach salary pool too), then you never know. Perhaps UCONN would give him $2M-$2.5M reasons to leave Sparty and come to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Half the battle is to get a good program builder to "want" to come to Storrs. Getting the school to poney up a little more for assistants shouldn't be that difficult but then it's back to the old question of how any coach is going to be able to talk the Silas Redd's up here to stay in New England. P did improve the recruit willing to play up here but it was just too little too late. I think that more than anything might scare off the Narduzzi's of the world from even considering a New England school and without some brand name coach your not going to get top talent to sign on right away. What a lousy Catch-22 UConn has found itself in.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Half the battle is to get a good program builder to "want" to come to Storrs. Getting the school to poney up a little more for assistants shouldn't be that difficult but then it's back to the old question of how any coach is going to be able to talk the Silas Redd's up here to stay in New England. P did improve the recruit willing to play up here but it was just too little too late. I think that more than anything might scare off the Narduzzi's of the world from even considering a New England school and without some brand name coach your not going to get top talent to sign on right away. What a lousy Catch-22 UConn has found itself in.

Would JC have been able to land an Andre Drummond in 1987 or 1988? The new hire needs to be able to bring in who he can (find some diamonds in the rough in the process), coach them up (as RE did, landing more in the NFL than any pundit could have anticipated) and win consistently against AAC competition. As this builds so will the program. He'll be able to bring in better and better players, achieve more and more success and at a point in the future get the Silas Redd's of the world to stay home.

Honestly, we could miss out on every local product and not get hurt too badly if we do well in NJ, Pa, Oh & Fl.

Reaction Score
Just posted tonight - Michigan State's defensive rise under Pat Narduzzi

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Chart-Michigan-States-defensive-rise-under-Pat-Narduzzi

Within above:

"Narduzzi signed a new contract at MSU in 2012 with a pay raise to a base salary of $500,000 and a $250,000 buyout if he were to leave for another non-head coaching job. MSU wanted to make sure Narduzzi would only leave for a promotion, and one could be coming. You have to wonder if UConn AD Warde Manual, a Michigan man, saw what MSU did to the Wolverines."

Dooley

Reaction Score
Just posted tonight - Michigan State's defensive rise under Pat Narduzzi

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Chart-Michigan-States-defensive-rise-under-Pat-Narduzzi

Within above:

"Narduzzi signed a new contract at MSU in 2012 with a pay raise to a base salary of $500,000 and a $250,000 buyout if he were to leave for another non-head coaching job. MSU wanted to make sure Narduzzi would only leave for a promotion, and one could be coming. You have to wonder if UConn AD Warde Manual, a Michigan man, saw what MSU did to the Wolverines."

If Warde hasn't seen Narduzzi, then he isn't looking in the right place. I think Narduzzi is the best short term and long term answer for UCONN (i.e. he would be able to make us competitive again right away while recruiting improves to sustain long term success).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If UConn was slated for the B1G in two years and MSU knew that, it would be a perfect spot for a guy like Narduzzi.

Now, to where did Conspiracy Kitty run off.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
OK so I tweeted this last night:

Get 'im, Warde MT @coachingsearch See what Pat Narduzzi has built at MSU. 1.6 yards per rush is flat out nasty. http://goo.gl/Ob7hdY
11:07 PM - 3 Nov 2013

And it was favorited... by
@CoachDuzzMSU

which appears to be his official twitter?

Yeah yeah, it's probably run by a grad assistant who didn't know who "Warde" is, and just saw the bit about the stats but...

Reaction Score
I like Narduzzi because he's a defensive coach... We established a defense first identity thru Edsall during our latter Big East years up to now... Personally I like that aspect of our team which would make this guy a natural fit... if he ends up being the guy he'll need to bring a guy in that can run a productive offense (AND recruit)

Reaction Score
I like Narduzzi because he's a defensive coach... We established a defense first identity thru Edsall during our latter Big East years up to now... Personally I like that aspect of our team which would make this guy a natural fit... if he ends up being the guy he'll need to bring a guy in that can run a productive offense (AND recruit)

Herman vs Narduzzi would be a good debate, odds are they will go head to head in the B1G championship game. I personally would prefer Narduzzi, I really like his personality. I have always thought that great defensive coordinators are more of a sure thing, some offensive coordinators are only as good as their QB.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that Warde is in on Narduzzi. I don't think he's a lock for any job that would be more appealing than ours. I don't buy into the defeatist attitudes that he'll be too hard for UConn to get. We don't want any cowards, so any guy who is too afraid to come here should be scratched. This job offers opportunity, and carries risk. It's precisely why PP was such an awful hire, he's a zero risk coach. If somebody comes to Storrs and creates a multi-bowl winning program in 3-5 years, they can write their ticket to an established big time program.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that Warde is in on Narduzzi. I don't think he's a lock for any job that would be more appealing than ours. I don't buy into the defeatist attitudes that he'll be too hard for UConn to get. We don't want any cowards, so any guy who is too afraid to come here should be scratched. This job offers opportunity, and carries risk. It's precisely why PP was such an awful hire, he's a zero risk coach. If somebody comes to Storrs and creates a multi-bowl winning program in 3-5 years, they can write their ticket to an established big time program.
If he is skeptical about the ability to be successful at UConn, he should talk to Calhoun, Geno, Penders, and Ray Reid to get their viewpoint on the results that can be achieved in Storrs. He will get more support than any one of them had in building their programs. You can be successful at UConn.

Reaction Score
The pitch should be, Hey Edsall got this team to a BCS game. You are much better than him.

That plus:

7 figure salary that will escalate with success
excellent fan base
great facilities
a loud crowd to support your defense
winnable league
every game on ESPN TV channels
realistic hope that we will end up in a P5 league
free daily advise from the Boneyard

Dooley

Reaction Score
That plus:
free daily advise from the Boneyard

If Narduzzi has a fantasy baseball team, I will give him free daily fantasy baseball advice (fantasy baseball may be the one thing that I am really good at…aaand now I am the 'Yard's biggest tool). Waiver moves, trades, lineups, whatever he wants! Come to Storrs and he will be hoisting several trophies next year: AAC Champs, Orange Bowl Champs, Coach of the Year Award, and his fantasy baseball league!

Reaction Score

My natural optimism leads me to believe that UCONN will have a good chance if it can get viable candidates to visit. A candidate, especially one buying into present perception, is going to be blown away by the school's football facilities; still one of the country's best kept secrets. "How long have you had this?" will be the surprised reaction.

Next is my perception of SH's vision for UCONN and, more importantly, her ability to sell the FB program as part of that vision. SH, not WM, will be the "closer" on this.

Finally, money. The combo of booster and Athletic Department money, along with the ability to pay Assistants, should be more than adequate.

"Mr Candidate you will receive absolute support. Your responsibility will be defined as winning and making UCONN FB an increasingly valuable University asset."

Sounds easy, huh.

Reaction Score
Pat Narduzzi: 'I'd certainly like to be a head coach some day, but...'

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Pat-Narduzzi-Id-certainly-like-to-be-a-head-coach-some-day-but

>>Narduzzi is one of our eight assistants on the verge of landing a head coaching job, but, like Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, Narduzzi is waiting for the right opportunity to come along. He’s not going to take just any job, though it can be tempting.

“I’d certainly like to be a head coach some day, at the right time,” Narduzzi said. “I guess you kind of have to let it happen. I think, when you try to go after something so hard, sometimes, it doesn’t happen. Certainly, I get anxious to want to do that one day. But I’m also anxious to do it at the right place and make the right decision.

“I’ve got four children, and they love living in East Lansing, one at Michigan State University. Right now, we’ve got a great situation. If things are much better someplace else, that’s something the Narduzzi family has to look at.”<<

Reaction Score
Pat Narduzzi: 'I'd certainly like to be a head coach some day, but...'

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Pat-Narduzzi-Id-certainly-like-to-be-a-head-coach-some-day-but

>>Narduzzi is one of our eight assistants on the verge of landing a head coaching job, but, like Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, Narduzzi is waiting for the right opportunity to come along. He’s not going to take just any job, though it can be tempting.

“I’d certainly like to be a head coach some day, at the right time,” Narduzzi said. “I guess you kind of have to let it happen. I think, when you try to go after something so hard, sometimes, it doesn’t happen. Certainly, I get anxious to want to do that one day. But I’m also anxious to do it at the right place and make the right decision.

“I’ve got four children, and they love living in East Lansing, one at Michigan State University. Right now, we’ve got a great situation. If things are much better someplace else, that’s something the Narduzzi family has to look at.”<<

Maybe he is already angling for more money. Never take the first offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom