Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Visiting October 13th (First Night)

Reaction Score
It just never felt right that Pat would end up a Husky. Just a gut feeling post his multiple visits. Cooper on the other hand just felt like he fit. I was expecting to lose Pat, but just had a weird feeling that we would get Cooper. Not sure if Pat tipping his hat to Cooper that he was not UConn bound swayed him away from us. Maybe only the staff knows...or not...

Reaction Score
If I recall, wasn't his list at 8 in July? I don't think he ever cut to 4. So he cut 5 schools, including other schools he OVed to like Michigan and Providence.

Reaction Score
@cap10dingus has been validated.
Confused Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
Maybe DC told Pat he was coming back for his Jr year to play with CF and he just doesn't want to be in a backup roll :)

Reaction Score
It just shows that no matter what recruiting is still really hard unless you're Kentucky and Duke. I think we fell under the assumption that with this killer staff when they hone in on guys they get them...

We've had some great pulls. Like plucking Sanogo from Seton Hall late, Jackson from Cuse, getting Hawk and the awesome freshman class we have this year but the thinking around here that we get the guys the staff focuses in on has changed a bit. We lost a couple local sharpshooters in Griffiths and Betsey to much inferior basketball schools, Pettiford spurned us for Bruce Peal and the one big we focused on for a while and brought to first night didn't even include us.

I actually like Nowell more than Pettiford and Fland but he wasn't the first guy we focused in on at point.
Were there other interested recruits we could have had a shot at if the focus wasn’t all on Pat and Cooper? I think for 2025 they def have to cast a wider net and move on from the 5 stars quickly if there isn’t serious interest

Reaction Score
It just shows that no matter what recruiting is still really hard unless you're Kentucky and Duke. I think we fell under the assumption that with this killer staff when they hone in on guys they get them...

We've had some great pulls. Like plucking Sanogo from Seton Hall late, Jackson from Cuse, getting Hawk and the awesome freshman class we have this year but the thinking around here that we get the guys the staff focuses in on has changed a bit. We lost a couple local sharpshooters in Griffiths and Betsey to much inferior basketball schools, Pettiford spurned us for Bruce Peal and the one big we focused on for a while and brought to first night didn't even include us.

I actually like Nowell more than Pettiford and Fland but he wasn't the first guy we focused in on at point.
The Auburn Pettiford BAG was large from what I heard.

Reaction Score
Scheyer is not the motivator that K was.
He seems to be more like the Squid - get the best talent and hope they can win without much effort on his part.
Duke and Kentucky have done less with the most for quite a while and frankly I don't see this dynamic changing anytime soon.
Sometimes you need the smaller parts that will be hungry for PT and will go through brick walls vs the prima donnas who are really saving themselves to the NBA - J Calhoun saw this and I feel he trickled down the practice to DH.
In coaching it's easier to coach and develop those who want to improve and are team players vs those who feel everything revolves around themselves. It's even harder when you have a team full of the later.
I don’t know what kind of coach Scheyer will become but give the man a chance. Half this board was ready to run DH out of town before last season. What info do you have that says Scheyer doesn’t put much effort into his job?

Reaction Score
Why would he delete his OV post lol so weird
Wonder if he had pictures of any of his other top 8? If he scrubbed multiple it's nbd but if it was just us that's definitely strange.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom