Ngongba Back in play? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ngongba Back in play?

Reaction Score
Was UConn even #2 on his final list? I know Kansas was in the running also. I guess with Kentucky having Quaintance, Kansas having Bidunga, and now Duke having Malauch we have a legit shot. Final 8 also had Indiana, K State and Providence. I could see Indiana coming up with some B1G NIL money for Ngongba. And Providence.......

Does he totally reopen recruiting or go back to his final list? I do think Hurley may have some negative vibes on him, but talented Cs are tough to find
Nope. Kansas State, Duke, Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Maluach turns 18 in September. Flagg turns 18 in December. Consider me very skeptical that two of the youngest players in the class are going to form a dominant front court next season. They are both obviously great prospects.

Give me a 4th or 5th year transfer center instead, chip on the shoulder who is focused on winning immediately and capable of playing drop coverage/dominating the paint for 20-25 minutes a game to complement Samson's 15-20 minute role. Look how many 5 star freshman are sitting on the bench around the country while Josh Oduro is having a really nice season.
I don't even care if it is a 4 or 5 star recruit. Find me a wide body big who can move people around in the paint and rebound and wants to win and will do whatever the coaches tell him to do.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't this guy troll Andrew Hurley? He's not coming here.

Reaction Score
Nope. Kansas State, Duke, Kentucky.
K State being 10th in the Big-12 and NIT bound could influence things if he does start looking again. I think from the top 8 list Indiana would be my biggest concern due to NIL resources, but they may also be bound for the NIT. UConn seems like a no brainer if he decommits given the Sanogo and Clingan success, but a player has to be committed to Hurley's style. I would be a nice late recruiting surprise.

Reaction Score
K State being 10th in the Big-12 and NIT bound could influence things if he does start looking again. I think from the top 8 list Indiana would be my biggest concern due to NIL resources, but they may also be bound for the NIT. UConn seems like a no brainer if he decommits given the Sanogo and Clingan success, but a player has to be committed to Hurley's style. I would be a nice late recruiting surprise.
Sprinkle some d’Andre and dham magic on that.

Reaction Score

These exact arguments all applied a few months ago and we didn't even make his final list.

Reaction Score
He's a dope.

He's getting the top freshmen because of the Duke name, not because of NIL.

I suspect eventually he won't have his pick of the top freshmen and or top transfers when everyone figures out what he is.
I know it's in vogue to hate on Scheyer but I think he's doing a decent job for a young coach short on experience. Duke is a top ten team and I think they'll win a few games in the Tournament, with making the elite 8 as a possibility. Still hate Duke though.

Reaction Score
I know it's in vogue to hate on Scheyer but I think he's doing a decent job for a young coach short on experience. Duke is a top ten team and I think they'll win a few games in the Tournament, with making the elite 8 as a possibility. Still hate Duke though.
They've actually looked good the last couple times I watched. I'm happy to avoid them, they have a bunch of guy who can shoot 3s and Filipowski will drag Clingan out to the perimeter..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Scheyer has been fine. Everyone wants him to fail so bad they’re exaggerating his shortcomings. By the end of year 3 we’ll have a better idea what level of coach he is.

Reaction Score
I’ll never understand why these kids keep picking Duke smh
I get why, these kids were basketball fans when K was still there. What I won’t get is if we truly suffer in recruiting after a natty and dominant season where every sports writer gushes about the beautiful basketball we play and how great a coach Hurley is. If that happens, what does it mean? Just that most of the kids out there don’t actually want to work hard and achieve, they just want to hang out and make the lottery?

Reaction Score
I get why, these kids were basketball fans when K was still there. What I won’t get is if we truly suffer in recruiting after a natty and dominant season where every sports writer gushes about the beautiful basketball we play and how great a coach Hurley is. If that happens, what does it mean? Just that most of the kids out there don’t actually want to work hard and achieve, they just want to hang out and make the lottery?
Key words: “when K was still there.” Only reason to go there now is to be babysat and clout chase.

Reaction Score
I think it might be partly about the kids wanting to work, but I also think Hurley has decided he’s not going to go star chasing and winning headlines he’s going to recruit for exactly what he wants and has become very comfortable with the portal if freshman aren’t ready for his program.

Reaction Score
I really disagree with the way scheyer is going about recruiting. With their nil why in the world would you want to load up on freshman. They could get the top transfer at every position if they wanted.
Duke tradition

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Didn't this guy troll Andrew Hurley? He's not coming here.
What’s the story here? If the man dissed our Drew then he should be banned from the state.

Reaction Score
These exact arguments all applied a few months ago and we didn't even make his final list.
Not sure of that. Ngongba committed in early November. K State was a 3 seed last year and was projected as a top 35 team this year. Indiana was also ranked somewhere in the top 40. Both teams have had disappointing seasons. Who knows how long Woodson will have a job at Indiana. I think Tang has a couple more years to prove himself at K. St.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Maybe his leaving has to do with our former courtship and his now looking future at Duke. Anyone can make a mistake and its ok to rethink it. I thought it was 50-50 with Flagg but never thought we'd lose him as well.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many top freshmen. This will not end well, and I'm here for it.
Big mistake. In the era of quasi free agency building primarily through freshman recruits has not been as fruitful for the big time programs as building through priority transfers. They’re going to end up not meeting expectations, the better players will leave for the league and the rest will transfer.

Reaction Score
Did these kids sign letters of intent? Does that even matter these days? Honest question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom