NFL going more international. | The Boneyard

NFL going more international.

Reaction Score
They reported that on PTI yesterday and they were surprised that Brazil has any interest in American football. I was fortunate to visit Brazil in 2016 and as expected they have a great deal of passion for their version of football which we call soccer. They kick the ball around on the beach the way we throw frisbees in USA.

Reaction Score
I've lived in Sao Paulo and one time I went to a small bar with less than 20 people and there were 3 people wearing Patriots gear and none of them were together and it wasn't a patriots game. Tom Brady's connection with Brazil has something to do with it for sure.

Some NFL games are broadcast in Portuguese on ESPN in Sao Paulo. It's also not uncommon to see the major pro sports teams represented through jerseys and hats from teams like the Red Sox, Lakers, Yankees, Bulls, Celtics etc. People who follow one team from a city sometimes follow multiple teams. Ex. They follow the Patriots and also follow the Celtics too.

Baseball is probably followed a little more in Sao Paulo than other cities in Brazil because there are about 1 million descendents of Japanese in Sao Paulo, so there is a little bit of baseball culture left over and baseball hats are not uncommon to see with young people as a fashion item. Yankees hats would be #1 due to the pop culture aspect of them.

Sports betting also drives interest in a variety of sports in Brazil.

Reaction Score
I've lived in Sao Paulo and one time I went to a small bar with less than 20 people and there were 3 people wearing Patriots gear and none of them were together and it wasn't a patriots game. Tom Brady's connection with Brazil has something to do with it for sure.

Some NFL games are broadcast in Portuguese on ESPN in Sao Paulo. It's also not uncommon to see the major pro sports teams represented through jerseys and hats from teams like the Red Sox, Lakers, Yankees, Bulls, Celtics etc. People who follow one team from a city sometimes follow multiple teams. Ex. They follow the Patriots and also follow the Celtics too.

Baseball is probably followed a little more in Sao Paulo than other cities in Brazil because there are about 1 million descendents of Japanese in Sao Paulo, so there is a little bit of baseball culture left over and baseball hats are not uncommon to see with young people as a fashion item. Yankees hats would be #1 due to the pop culture aspect of them.

Sports betting also drives interest in a variety of sports in Brazil.
Pollsters saying 2.5 million Brazilian fans watched the last Super Bowl. Dolphins only team now to have commercial rights in Brazil.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom