Newton(30)
Castle(25)
Spencer(30)
Karaban(30)
Clingan(25)

Jobnson(20)
Ball(20)
Best of: Roumoglou/Ross/Stewart(20)

Pasta intrigues me because he stayed. Was he told that his role on next years team would expand? The staff spoke glowingly about him when given the opportunity, he was given ball handling responsibilities during garbage time at 6’7.
Pasta? You’re aware that Roumoglou’s Greek, not Italian, right?

That said, you’re not wrong…
Don’t sleep on Roumoglou.

Reaction Score
Not sure where to post this - initially I thought getting a grad transfer big for depth in case of emergency would be smart. However, is it smarter to keep a scholarship open in case we can get a 2024 recruit to reclass and join early? Would be a good and only reason to keep the roster at 12 heading into the season.

Reaction Score
If I had to guess...

PG - Castle (20), Newton (15), Diarra (5)

SG - Newton (15), Ball (10), Spencer (10), Diarra (5)

SF - Spencer (20) Ross (10) Stewart (10)

PF - Karaban (30) Stewart (5) Johnson (5)

C - Clingan (25) Johnson (10), Singare (5)

Odds are that least one of the freshman are completely out of the rotation by conference play. Which one? TBD

Reaction Score
If I had to guess...

PG - Castle (20), Newton (15), Diarra (5)

SG - Newton (15), Ball (10), Spencer (10), Diarra (5)

SF - Spencer (20) Ross (10) Stewart (10)

PF - Karaban (30) Stewart (5) Johnson (5)

C - Clingan (25) Johnson (10), Singare (5)

Odds are that least one of the freshman are completely out of the rotation by conference play. Which one? TBD
Castle is going to get at least 25 minutes and probably closer to 30. Remember he can play off the ball a little bit too.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pasta? You’re aware that Roumoglou’s Greek, not Italian, right?

That said, you’re not wrong…
Don’t sleep on Roumoglou.
Maybe going with Posto would be more accurate. I just like how the enunciations I’ve heard for his name sound like “Uh Pasta Los.” I’m sure the Greeks like a good pasta anyways?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
IMO..DH and staff do an excellent job of roster construction.. Agree with @husky429 on all of his points. I will say that there is a delicate balance between delivering on PT and team efficiency.. Esp. in this age of transfer/portal availability. Fab 5 didn't come here to spend a ton of time on the bench. I can think of a portal 4/5 that I believe is still available but would be seeking/wanting Samson's minutes. Looks to me like DH is comfortable rolling with who he's got and betting on improved performance through the off-season and European tour. We will have tremendous lineup flexibility with a healthy and improved Samson.

We were very fortunate last year re: injuries to key players. Kudos to SnC/conditioning staff.. FWIW.. The only reason I can see DH occupying the 13th spot would be for "injury insurance" for the Bigs.. Don't think he'll do it though.
Completely agree with this. Great staff performance from top to bottom. This staff plus Mora should just continue to build and perform and Uconn will have more suitors the the Big 12 before long. The legends begin here; the college basketball capital of the world.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Maybe going with Posto would be more accurate. I just like how the enunciations I’ve heard for his name sound like “Uh Pasta Los.” I’m sure the Greeks like a good pasta anyways?
Maybe the poster @Askgreek could chime in.

Roumoglou is definitely intriguing. In his interview during the season he demonstrated a Joey California attitude about practicing against his teammates. Declared it was no different than his experience in Europe and he held his own here.

The staff see something in him that they encouraged him to stay. I would not be surprised if he’s a 10 or more minute player this year. Perhaps instead of a food analogy we should consider him as our Windex player.

Reaction Score
Maybe the poster @Askgreek could chime in.

Roumoglou is definitely intriguing. In his interview during the season he demonstrated a Joey California attitude about practicing against his teammates. Declared it was no different than his experience in Europe and he held his own here.

The staff see something in him that they encouraged him to stay. I would not be surprised if he’s a 10 or more minute player this year. Perhaps instead of a food analogy we should consider him as our Windex player.

Well, since you asked for my two cents, his name “Apostolos” translates to Paul in English. So, not that interesting, but you pronounce his name “Apo” “Stoli” in informal Greek. So, my suggestion for a fun nickname would be “Stoli”, which is pronounced like the vodka.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Well, since you asked for my two cents, his name “Apostolos” translates to Paul in English. So, not that interesting, but you pronounce his name “Apo” “Stoli” in informal Greek. So, my suggestion for a fun nickname would be “Stoli”, which is pronounced like the vodka.
I love it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom