Newton is coming back! | The Boneyard

Newton is coming back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This makes a successful season for Castle much more likely. They have great complimentary skillsets. We will win a bunch of games because he's back--no doubt. As much as people like to bag on him, that's a national championship PG.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Reaction Score
What's our ceiling for next year with Newton back? NC6? FF4? Elite 8? asking for takes from senior members with vast knowledge...

Reaction Score
What's our ceiling for next year with Newton back? NC6? FF4? Elite 8? asking for takes from senior members with vast knowledge...

We are relying on a freshman starter + 2 sophomores. Another freshman probably starts unless we pick up a transfer SG. And our bench depth is going to be mostly freshman.

I think we can be a top-25 tournament team and make a lucky push for a S16 if we gel, but I don't see this as a championship-level season. Freshman are supposed to go through growing pains... and we have a lot of 'em. Can't expect the same ability to close out games or make the big play in a pivotal moment as guys like Joey or Alleyne.

For me, this feels like an enjoy the development season, and get excited about Clingan/Castle going in the lottery.

Reaction Score
A Castle Newton 6’7 backcourt has me pitching a tent a 8am. Today is a good day
For real they’ll be in passing lanes, running dudes off the three point line, and rebounding heavily even from the backcourt with that size and length.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Stewart is going to slot in at the 3 spot

Stewart is a big strong dude...weighs around 220-230...likely to get time at the 4 in my humble opinion...he looks like he could run some people over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom