Newton and Spencer Big East First Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Newton and Spencer Big East First Team

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If our starting 5 played vs the other 5 best players in the BE on a neutral court (MSG I guess) I think I’d bet on UConn. Kolek, Kadary, Baylor, Carter, Kalkbrenner I guess? Pretty tough game.
Guys come on lmao.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Feel terrible for AK. last year he lost out as FOY to a guy that was rated higher out of HS, but didn’t impact his team the way AK impacted us, and this year to not even get HM is a joke.

I hope this years disrespect leads to the same end of year outcome as last years dis
I feel for him as well. He absolutely deserved FOY last year and should have at worst been second team all BE this year. He can however console himself with his ring(s).

Reaction Score
The only thing that matters to these guys is the ring. The one they got last year, and the one they want this year.

Reaction Score
AK snub is a motivating tool. Honorable mention for Clingan is not enough.There is no way to judge shot impeding, and changing how the opponent comes into the paint.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
As if we needed more motivation going into the tournaments. Post the AK snub in the locker room and let the team roll.

Reaction Score
I love Castle but Clingan is the other snub. Dude is the most impactful player in the country along with Edey.
You’re right.
It’s wild our whole starting 5 has a strong case

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's true AK has had two little shooting funks this season but his efficiency overall is otherworldly. He's 50-40-90 on the season.
We know what he can do and what he means for the team, I just think that made it easier for them to leave him off. Had he been lights out every game it would have been impossible to ignore.

Reaction Score
Guys come on lmao.
lol I try not to be a ridiculous homer but I actually think this (our starting 5 vs. the rest of the all BE guys) is kind of reasonable! We basically have 4 all-conference level guys plus a unanimous ROTY/lottery pick. Plus our guys fit together like a glove, have great chemistry, and have deep knowledge of an unlimited playbook. I think it would be a good game.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I believe the HM selections are not an actual vote but just the guys who received votes for 1st or 2nd team but weren't in the top 11 vote getters. So I agree Karaban absolutely deserves an HM I'm not really shocked he didn't get any votes with the 3 other guys ahead of him. It would pretty much require putting 4 UConn players on a list of 11

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I believe the HM selections are not an actual vote but just the guys who received votes for 1st or 2nd team but weren't in the top 11 vote getters. So I agree Karaban absolutely deserves an HM I'm not really shocked he didn't get any votes with the 3 other guys ahead of him. It would pretty much require putting 4 UConn players on a list of 11
I'm pretty sure you're correct on this.

I'm curious if there has ever been a runaway rookie of the year (such as Castle this year) who didn't make at least honorable mention.

I also don't see how so many could have overlooked AK.

Finally, I want an explanation on how Creighton landed more players than we did (3 vs 2). Add to this the fact that we won the regular season by the biggest margin ever.

Reaction Score
Nice piece of info to add to the recruiting pitch when transfer season rolls around.
I guarantee that the recognition that Cole and Martin got was a big part of the recruiting pitch for Newton and Spencer.

Once Hurley acknowledged that he needed the portal, he's spun up a self-sustaining program that will keep us relevant year to year and able to weather recruiting disappointments.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
how would he win BE player of the year in the AAC?
superman-missed-the-joke.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom