Newton: “give me the ball” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Newton: “give me the ball”

Reaction Score
Tristen is a trash talker, and alot of it goes unnoticed. During the Double Tech he got against Georgetown, Supreme Cook jumps up at him calling him disrespectful and said something along the lines of "you don't 'fudgin' say that shi!"

Idk what he says, but clearly it works as he is in all of the scuffles with our team. Sometimes the refs need to just hand out the punishments(if necessary) and let the coaches coach. Imagine an NBA ref pausing the game to lecture a player.
Watching from home on the replay Cook seemed to be pissed about Tristen holding his forearm after he had wacked at the ball. Cook thought it was a dirty play-it wasn't- and Cam Spencer got in between them to shut it down. Cook was swearing for sure.

Reaction Score
Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but can Tristen Newton dunk? I don't recall seeing it. I see him as a Tate George type of big guard who plays below the rim. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Of course he can dunk. He can even do it with two hands and reverse it, lolz.

Reaction Score
I need to watch it again, but after sinking the last FT, Tristan kept his hand up and waved bye-bye as he backpedaled, and I am pretty sure the ref with the ball for inbounding rolled his eyes an shook his head. I'm starting to agree that the refs just don't like him much.

Reaction Score
I need to watch it again, but after sinking the last FT, Tristan Tristen kept his hand up and waved bye-bye as he backpedaled, and I am pretty sure the ref with the ball for inbounding rolled his eyes an shook his head. I'm starting to agree that the refs just don't like him much.

Reaction Score
Sorry mom.

In my (and other's) defense, Android does auto-correct it to Tristan sometimes. Strangely not always though.

It's also corrected to Kristen before, but that I notice.

Reaction Score
They showed a stat during the game that Newton averages like 13 ppg at home and 20 ppg on the road and somewhere around a 20% better shooting clip. I think the guy just lives for big time road games.
He clearly enjoys the role of Villain if you watch his manorisms in the road games. He and Spencer both seem to play off the opposing crowd.

Reaction Score
The Biggest difference is the bench.
Other than Disrra and now Donavan we’re not getting enough from those guys.
Ball and Stewart have to get into the offense a bit more .
Without Donavan defensively we are much weaker even with him still don’t have an elite like Jackson but are evolving a team defense similar to 2014 with Donavan doing his Brimah impression.
We start more outside shooters have better offensive discipline and our passing with the Big Guy in the high post is a thing of beauty but we lack the inside power scoring of a Sanogo , If Donavan steps up his offensive game that will help take pressure of our shooters
More power vs finesse.

Reaction Score
The bench could be a problem
I don’t know. You skinny down to an 8-9 man rotation in March. By then Solo and Stew should be fine in that last man up role.

The fear is Donovan’s health. We can’t have Singare on the floor from this point on unless it’s garbage time.

Reaction Score
The Biggest difference is the bench.
Other than Disrra and now Donavan we’re not getting enough from those guys.
Ball and Stewart have to get into the offense a bit more .
Without Donavan defensively we are much weaker even with him still don’t have an elite like Jackson but are evolving a team defense similar to 2014 with Donavan doing his Brimah impression.
We start more outside shooters have better offensive discipline and our passing with the Big Guy in the high post is a thing of beauty but we lack the inside power scoring of a Sanogo , If Donavan steps up his offensive game that will help take pressure of our shooters
More power vs finesse.
I think Castle is developing into that. He is a real stopper on defensive side of the ball especially man to man.

Reaction Score
Yeah, WTH was that about? Good thing he made both because they ended up needing those last 2 FTs. Last 4 actually.
Well, actually the "clock" three at the game end didn't matter and would have been contested if it did. The only impact was on the spread and final score. It was, however, a beautiful half-court shot.

Reaction Score
They showed a stat during the game that Newton averages like 13 ppg at home and 20 ppg on the road and somewhere around a 20% better shooting clip. I think the guy just lives for big time road games.
Road game wins seems to make a key difference as they are so hard to come by. Newton wants the ball more in these key games for good reason and the coaches encourage it. We won! WOW! Newton is a near generational player for us, much like Paige B.

Reaction Score
Road game wins seems to make a key difference as they are so hard to come by. Newton wants the ball more in these key games for good reason and the coaches encourage it. We won! WOW! Newton is a near generational player for us, much like Paige B.
No Way Wow GIF by NBA

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Absolutely nothing as far as officiating is concerned. We heard the same whining when the team played in the AAC. We hear the same whining in games played on a neutral court, in the tournament, and in non-conference game.

Those who complaining about the refs look like whiny little bitching fools.

Refs make mistakes. Turning mistakes into a conspiracy theory is embarrassing.

We don't seem to moan much in the tournament

For the last two years, I think fouls and free throw disparity is dramatically different between conference and non-conference games

As for why, that's speculation I suppose

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nova pulled a Duhon on the last shot lol.
Lol, I thought exactly the same thing at the time.

Reaction Score
That's where people stop taking your post seriously.

There are bad refs same as any profession. I'm sure there are even corrupt officials.

But none have decided to screw UConn whenever they get a chance.
So we shouldn't believe Goodman? I'm not sure why he'd start the conspiracy theory out of nowhere

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In the Nova game it's partly that and partly our other scorers were struggling. He's had some great home games against weaker opponents. He's not Cam or Alex. A much more chilled personality until something goes off inside. His reaction late in the game, up two, where he missed the first of two free throws was the most upset he was with himself that I've observed. His demeanor is even keeled most of the time. Which is why he was able to compose himself quickly and make that second shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom