New Sports App | The Boneyard

New Sports App

Reaction Score

Fox, Disney and Warner Bros to create a new sports app encompassing the linear networks and ESPN+.

Looks like ESPNs demise was widely exaggerated

Reaction Score
This seems bad for the Big East with the TV rights with Fox ending next year. Takes ESPN and Fox out from having to compete against each other for the rights.

Reaction Score
This seems bad for the Big East with the TV rights with Fox ending next year. Takes ESPN and Fox out from having to compete against each other for the rights.
How exactly is this not a monopoly? Who is left in the media industry? NBC/CBS? Can Netflix or Amazon make a realistic move?

Reaction Score
You can also see it as tv slots not mattering anymore and both ESPN and Fox needing as much content as possible to attract subscribers

Reaction Score
Me trying to figure out which streaming services I need to subscribe to in order to watch all the sports I care about, in the year of our lord 2024. This is going to cost a lot and won't help things for me.

1707259119975.png

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Keep cable. It all averages out.

I’ll still take FUBO over this app if I cut cable

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How exactly is this not a monopoly? Who is left in the media industry? NBC/CBS? Can Netflix or Amazon make a realistic move?
The US doesn't care about regulating monopolies anymore. Just look at Microsoft buying Blizzard. The FTC tried to step in and were overruled.

Reaction Score
does warner own tnt/tbs? what other sports does warner bros offer?
wonder if the amazon/netflix/apple involvement if scaring the old school players?

I believe they do but their contribution still seems like a pittance w/out football.

Reaction Score
You are misinterpreting this service. They are not combining their sports rights into one entity. They are creating a streaming service in which you can watch all of the different sports channels instead of ESPN, FOX, and Warner Bros. creating individual streaming services. ESPN, FOX, Warner Bros. and others will still be bidding on sports media rights.

Reaction Score
The US doesn't care about regulating monopolies anymore. Just look at Microsoft buying Blizzard. The FTC tried to step in and were overruled.
The whole Microsoft/blizzard monopoly argument was dumb. Also, if Amazon really wanted to, they could essentially come in and take over the TV market (and pretty much any market they want). Their goal is global domination, but they’re also smart with their investments.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Netflix just signed a large deal with the WWE so they’re dipping into live TV it seems.

Reaction Score
This is just new streaming cable. A bundle of networks. Always has been legal.

It's convenient for the customer.

I'm guessing this costs $19.99 to $29.99 though. But for some people this + internet + OTA antenna will be all they need.

Reaction Score
This is just new streaming cable. A bundle of networks. Always has been legal.

It's convenient for the customer.

I'm guessing this costs $19.99 to $29.99 though. But for some people this + internet + OTA antenna will be all they need.
Rumor is that the price could be $30 to $40 per month. They are not going to underprice what they currently get for the cable bundle. The streaming bundles (YouTube TV, fubo,...) costs about $75 per month.

Reaction Score

Because other entities can outbid them for the rights so they have nothing to show, if they so choose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom