New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 37 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
Who says they’re blind to it?
Maybe they’re fully aware but willing to roll the dice at a top 20 program?

4 of their 5 transfers came from lesser programs, and the one who didn’t (DeBerry) was getting no playing time
This season it's a combination of players who have exhausted eligibility and transfers. Sure they lost some freshman and Masonius, but there was a fair bit of offensive production that graduated this year.

They need to replace Jakia Turner-Brown (13.5 points, 6.4 rebounds), Brinae Alexander (9.2 points and 2.8 rebounds) and Lavender Briggs (8.7 points and 5.0 rebounds). Expecting freshman and players returning from injury to pick up all of the slack is a bit much.

Several of the incoming transfers will be there for one season. The impact to underclassmen long-term should be minimal. Does it mean transfers won't happen next season? No, as it is Maryland however it may not be as significant compared to previous seasons.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Maryland is the official landing spot for UCONN transfers this year. Brenda’s a great coach and she has a nice roster of highly ranked kids coming out of HS, if things click Maryland could be a top 10-15 team next year.

Reaction Score
Maryland is the official landing spot for UCONN transfers this year. Brenda’s a great coach and she has a nice roster of highly ranked kids coming out of HS, if things click Maryland could be a top 10-15 team next year.
Could all three start?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Is it too late for that PG who transferred to Gonzaga to change up and head to Maryland? :rolleyes:

I'm rooting for a Maryland-UCONN matchup in the NCAA tournament next year.

Reaction Score

I actually don't think the three UConn players will start as I look at their roster and the other transfers. It's an interesting team for sure. But do they have top level talent. R they beating UCLA.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is assuming only USC or UCLA fans will be interested. Interest in Iowa extended beyond just the Iowa fanbase. With the amount of media attention and advertising campaigns that include JuJu on national TV, the attraction of casual fans could be larger than one may assume. You're also assuming that games where they play on the East Coast wouldn't be part of the schedule.
I'm not sure Juju will be the draw that Clark was..........she's not a great outside shooter...........actually, she's kind of a volume shooter...........perhaps she will become more selective along with her new transfer pals.....

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Juju will be the draw that Clark was..........she's not a great outside shooter...........actually, she's kind of a volume shooter...........perhaps she will become more selective along with her new transfer pals.....
Pretty sure they're both volume shooters. Both have to be in the top 3 to 5.

Reaction Score
No one will be the draw that Clark became, but Juju seems to have some marketability herself. She's already splitting screen time with Joel Embid and it's being seen consistently on national media. With her performances throughout the year garnering a lot of national attention, it wouldn't surprise me if she brings in casual viewers as well.

Don't forget, most didn't see Clark being at the level she is now when she started as freshman. Sure Watkins game isn't the same, but she has 3 more seasons to improve, no different than Clark. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
No one will be the draw that Clark became, but Juju seems to have some marketability herself. She's already splitting screen time with Joel Embid and it's being seen consistently on national media. With her performances throughout the year garnering a lot of national attention, it wouldn't surprise me if she brings in casual viewers as well.

Don't forget, most didn't see Clark being at the level she is now when she started as freshman. Sure Watkins game isn't the same, but she has 3 more seasons to improve, no different than Clark. Time will tell.
Paige is far more entertaining in my own biased opinion........:rolleyes:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Who says they’re blind to it?
Maybe they’re fully aware but willing to roll the dice at a top 20 program?

4 of their 5 transfers came from lesser programs, and the one who didn’t (DeBerry) was getting no playing time

They weren't a Top 20 program this past season. More like Top 36

Reaction Score
For context Clark lead the NCAA DI in both total points and total assists in the same season twice, her Senior and Freshman seasons.

Note: Clark lead the NCAA DI in total points 3 of her 4 years (Seigrist lead in her JR year) and also lead the NCAA DI in total assists 3 of her 4 years (Park-Lane lead in her SO year).

Reaction Score

I actually don't think the three UConn players will start as I look at their roster and the other transfers. It's an interesting team for sure. But do they have top level talent. R they beating UCLA.

This was a little surprising since the Terps just started a big promotion featuring the 6 transfers (including JUCO All American Isi Ozzy Momodu). I thought Brenda was done. Now she is since she has a full roster "at this time".

Reaction Score

That's a lot of rebounds!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom