Reaction Score
So LSU now has:

Flau'jae
Mikayla Williams
Poa
Gilbert
Day-Wilson
Shephard

The backcourt is full. Though some of these players will play the 3.
Basically getting the second team for the 1,2 and 3.

Reaction Score
Basically getting the second team for the 1,2 and 3.
In theory. In reality 2 of these players end up out of the rotation--unless Mulkey suddenly starts using a Staley-like rotation (which would be shocking to me)

Reaction Score
In theory. In reality 2 of these players end up out of the rotation--unless Mulkey suddenly starts using a Staley-like rotation (which would be shocking to me)
Who could you see being out of the rotation?

Reaction Score
Idk. Probably Shepard if I had to guess. The point is the math doesn't work. Someone's getting left out
I agree. Just curious as to who from your perspective. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
this thread is a full time job with overnight/overtime hours jk. thanks all, especially @BRS24 for the updates!

I like the CLW pick for both sides. They have Kiki Rice and Londyn Jones, really no need to rush back, as she suffered a torn acl in late January. But by March, she hopefully will be pretty close to back and ready to help UCLA make it past the sweet 16. She's an underrated passer and can play on and off the ball. Playing at a big time school like UCLA should give her the opportunity to help her draft stock.

I like the Ciezki pick as well, though I agree she's not quite at Scalia's level. But it's a solid pick up.

Reaction Score
this thread is a full time job with overnight/overtime hours jk. thanks all, especially @BRS24 for the updates!

I like the CLW pick for both sides. They have Kiki Rice and Londyn Jones, really no need to rush back, as she suffered a torn acl in late January. But by March, she hopefully will be pretty close to back and ready to help UCLA make it past the sweet 16. She's an underrated passer and can play on and off the ball. Playing at a big time school like UCLA should give her the opportunity to help her draft stock.

I like the Ciezki pick as well, though I agree she's not quite at Scalia's level. But it's a solid pick up.
I like the fit as well, but coming back into the season in late January/early February could work for or against UCLA at the same time. Hoping it works out for her as she's fun to watch.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Odd fit. She's short, not a good ballhandler, and doesn't defend well at all. I know that they lost Sara Scalia, but Scalia was a better player at both of her B1G stops.
You and I had a given and take on this awhile back (on "whither PSU...or not"). We were not far off, but my take on Shay Ciezki is that her career 3-pt. shooting percentage (some 42%) is such an attraction that Teri Moren wants her aboard to join the three Hoosiers who also shot 40%+ from three-pt. land last year: Yarden Garzon, Sydney Parris and Chloe-Moore McNeil. The latter two will primarily handle the ball and take on the tough defensive assignments in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
You and I had a given and take on this awhile back (on "whither PSU...or not"). We were not far off, but my take on Shay Ciezki is that her career 3-pt. shooting percentage (some 42%) is such an attraction that Teri Moren wants her aboard to join the three Hoosiers who also shot 40%+ from three-pt. land last year: Yarden Garzon, Sydney Parris and Chloe-Moore McNeil. The latter two will primarily handle the ball and take on the tough defensive assignments in the backcourt.
She's a 42% FG shooter. Her career 3-point % is lower than that.

While 39% from three isn't bad (though she's clearly a volume shooter and not an efficient one), it doesn't make up for what she lacks (height, athleticism, ballhandling and the ability to defend on the perimeter). She's a smaller, lesser version of Scalia on a team that will likely take a step back in the B1G. Unless IU had no other options, this was a questionable acquisition. I would not be praising Teri Moren for this pickup.

Reaction Score
I like the fit as well, but coming back into the season in late January/early February could work for or against UCLA at the same time. Hoping it works out for her as she's fun to watch.
It's a tricky situation. If her rehab goes well, she could be back by the end of December-early January (i.e. conference play). That may be enough time to get her into the fold. If not, she'd have to think about taking a redshirt. That would be a hard sell for someone who is already 22.

I hope that CLW is ready by the time B1G play rolls around. To me, UCLA's biggest issue will be finding a way to cut Londynn Jones' minutes. I don't think they can win a title of any kind with her playing as much as she does. Too small, too inefficient.

Reaction Score
It's a tricky situation. If her rehab goes well, she could be back by the end of December-early January (i.e. conference play). That may be enough time to get her into the fold. If not, she'd have to think about taking a redshirt. That would be a hard sell for someone who is already 22.

I hope that CLW is ready by the time B1G play rolls around. To me, UCLA's biggest issue will be finding a way to cut Londynn Jones' minutes. I don't think they can win a title of any kind with her playing as much as she does. Too small, too inefficient.
I keep looking at Ashley Owusu as an example. Completely different injury and circumstances but she played 20 games this year and had her first game on 1/14. She pretty much averaged 17 and 5 and had some of her better shooting splits of her career. I could see CLW doing the same. Not 17 a game but big impact. And she has decent size, she could get 25 plus minutes a game just filling in for Rice, Jaquez, and Jones.

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Who could you see being out of the rotation?
I believe Coach Mulkey used a December cut to thin out the group last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom