New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 43 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
I've always seen Kitley in the same league as Elissa Cunane. Great dominant ACC bigs who can probably play in the WNBA after some overseas seasoning similar to Gustaffson. Even Coates(SC), Brown and Cox(Baylor) needed to improve before playing in the WNBA. I would say all of those bigs are comparable. Kitley has a better outside shot than they did coming out of college but I wouldn't consider her above them at this stage in her career.
agree. Just like Cunane. All in all a development success rather than generational talent. Also they made the Final Four, so...pretty good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. Notre Dame is one of the more underrated teams IMO. I really like Koval, I may start her. Karlen is super solid but she's only 6'2 and is not the most athletic. I still really like her and the pickup. I think the only thing Notre dame is missing is a backup post, and maybe a backup point. But roster wise they are up there with anyone if healthy.
Kittley and Cunane are reasonable comps for Koval.

Maybe a little high praise for a high schooler but seems right to me.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thanks, but I haven't. In fact, I brought up on the Liza Karlen thread that Kylee's injury, surgery and rehabilitation will probably preclude her from being with the Irish for the majority, if not all, of the 2024-25 season. At this point, I'm not even considering her as an option for this year, particularly after similar injuries to Olivia Miles and Brianna Turner years earlier knocked them out for entire seasons.
I didn’t realize how brutal end of season injuries have been to ND. They are the absolute worst kind of injury since they almost instantly kill tournament chances and you’re also out a projected starter for the next season. Add in Achonwa’s from 2014 and that’s 4 major end of season setbacks in the last 9 NCAA tournaments. Ironically, the championship ND did win in 2018 had something like 4 players on the bench with ACLs that season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I didn’t realize how brutal end of season injuries have been to ND. They are the absolute worst kind of injury since they almost instantly kill tournament chances and you’re also out a projected starter for the next season. Add in Achonwa’s from 2014 and that’s 4 major end of season setbacks in the last 9 NCAA tournaments. Ironically, the championship ND did win in 2018 had something like 4 players on the bench with ACLs that season.
Brianna Turner's knee injury came in the NCAA's. Erin Boley filled in well for one game, but then Stanford got the Irish (Karlie Samuelson's infamous three-pt. banker helped seal the deal). Not only did the Irish lose Breezy Bri, but then Boley transferred to Oregon. ND had to scramble and found Jessica Shepard transferring. Shepard turned out to be the missing link, playing with Kat Westbeld, Maddy's older sister, and Koko Nelson as the only sub.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Any Irish fan who isn't hyped to talk hoops today isn't hibernating, they're dead :D
And the ones that are alive and kickin' can't tear themselves away from their screens and/or keyboards. :cool:;)

Reaction Score
Notre Dame is now as loaded as anybody in the country.

Miles
Hidalgo
Citron
Westbeld
Koval
————
Karlen
King
Bransford
Risch

That’s a championship caliber team that should absolutely be gunning for the Final Four. I’d have them as preseason #2 or #3 now. I hope we get Notre Dame/South Carolina in the ACC/SEC challenge.
Pretty sure it will be Duke/South Carolina for the challenge, but I'm happy to be wrong.

Reaction Score
Dawn did say apparently that SC will start the season in Vegas. Big time game needs a big time opponent. Iowa would be fun too.
Hopefully it’s somebody better than post-CC Iowa. Besides, given how they scheduled with her, about a 0% chance they’d want that game without her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Pretty sure it will be Duke/South Carolina for the challenge, but I'm happy to be wrong.

Us and them both played on the road last season. I hope we play them on a Sunday.... i would love to drive down there and see us kick chicken arse all over the court. Dag... if the game is on a sunday, I'd better use a better choice of words :oops:

Reaction Score
If it isn't Duke or Notre Dame and it probably wouldn't be UNC again for SCar ... that leaves NC State as maybe the best matchup with Louisville and Stanford being the next best options?

Reaction Score
No. We are already schedule for the second leg of a home and home, the conferences don’t pair teams that are already scheduled.
My understanding is that they are using the already scheduled game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If it isn't Duke or Notre Dame and it probably wouldn't be UNC again for SCar ... that leaves NC State as maybe the best matchup with Louisville and Stanford being the next best options?

You guys are playing State in Charlotte in the first few weeks of the season. Louisville is due a home game. Stanford or F$U, or Wake Forest

Reaction Score
You guys are playing State in Charlotte in the first few weeks of the season. Louisville is due a home game. Stanford or F$U, or Wake Forest
Oh yeah.

Stanford traveling to Cola next year instead of this past year would be unfortunate. Probably not them then.

The only interesting thing about FSU would be former teammates in Raven and Latson.

Syracuse?

Let's just play State twice.

Reaction Score
I actually think the Karlen and King additions might push ND to preseason #2 or #3.

I can’t really decide between UConn, ND, or USC who is better than who at this point.
You can decide whatever you feel like. All three are very good. Until they play, we don’t know. Speculative at best. This is a UConn board, so most here will say UConn. If this was McGraws bench they would say ND. USC forums will say USC. South Carolina forums will be laughing at all three of them.

It’s really all nonsense to be honest.

Preseason 1,2,3? Doesn’t matter. Look how #2 ranking went last year. I think 10 different teams had it through the season.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
So is Kelly going to be the PG for Oregon or do they already have one in place.

A Great Ape has awoken from hibernation to defend a KY coach. :eek:

(i am aware that apes don't hibernate)
grape ape vintage GIF

Reaction Score
And this pretty much explains why Duke at South Carolina will be the SEC challenge game this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom