New role for Tom Moore? | The Boneyard

New role for Tom Moore?

Reaction Score
From the Borges article...

One thing is certain: the coaching staff of Hurley, Kimani Young, Luke Murray and Tom Moore will be back (though it’s possible Moore could be in a different role)

Article

Reaction Score
From the Borges article...

One thing is certain: the coaching staff of Hurley, Kimani Young, Luke Murray and Tom Moore will be back (though it’s possible Moore could be in a different role)

Article
Maybe the Blaney role, no recruiting... Someone else takes up those responsibilities.

I don't know the rules.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Tom would rock as a GM. He's been around longer than anyone.
Plus he is the definition of integrity who else would you trust more around money. Please not throwing any shade at Luke or Kimani but you could see how Moore would fit the role of a GM like position.

Reaction Score
If I recall, they posted a job for a GM two years ago, but I guess they never hired anyone. Other schools like Duke and Villanova hired people. Would not surprise me if Hurley calling him pseudo was hinting at that transition. Creating the position could also be part of Hurley's negotiations with UConn. Quality of life improvement. Hire a GM that was an assistant, hire a new assistant, now you have an extra set of eyes. (though there are rules about numbers of assistants).

Reaction Score
If I recall, they posted a job for a GM two years ago, but I guess they never hired anyone. Other schools like Duke and Villanova hired people. Would not surprise me if Hurley calling him pseudo was hinting at that transition. Creating the position could also be part of Hurley's negotiations with UConn. Quality of life improvement. Hire a GM that was an assistant, hire a new assistant, now you have an extra set of eyes. (though there are rules about numbers of assistants).
Makes sense. And u also have a younger assistant to train before Kimani and Luke get HC gigs

Reaction Score

Do you know what the rules are? It looked like Kentucky had 6 bozos sitting next to Cal collecting a paycheck and not doing much of anything.

Reaction Score
Keep everyone AND hire a new assistant? An embarrassment of riches!
It's a perfect situation. Get another young guy here, see if he has it. We're gonna need more assistants someday soon. It would be great to not start from scratch when Luke and Kimani both leave for HC jobs

Reaction Score
Cam would make a great assistant coach.
But, let's wait until his playing days are over.

Reaction Score
Do you know what the rules are? It looked like Kentucky had 6 bozos sitting next to Cal collecting a paycheck and not doing much of anything.

You can have as many bozos as you want on the bench. Only 3 get to recruit. There's some stuff with practice time but I can't remember it.

Reaction Score
You can only have 3 assistants that do on location recruiting and on court instruction. As of 2 years ago, you can have 2 more that do on court skill instruction, but can't recruit off campus. Plus a director of basketball ops and grad student assistants. I think that's all that can be on the bench, but not positive about who can sit where.

Reaction Score
Is Kevin Freeman done with coaching? Is his goal to build upon his time in the Associate AD role into an actual AD somewhere?

Reaction Score
Bring back TALIEK BROWN as the 3rd recruiter!
he would great w some experience

Reaction Score
That would be incredible to hang onto Kimani and Luke for another season.
Just a theory on this: I wonder if because of the new power conference and NIL environment and the have's and have not's being separated even more, top level assistant coaches are less eager to take a lower level d1 head coaching job, especially when it seems like the p6 openings are being filled by other recycled p6 coaches lately, instead of guys that did well at a low-major.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom