New Husky gear - slides | The Boneyard

New Husky gear - slides

Reaction Score
I know the great guy that runs this company, cool product and great entrepreneurial story. He was on shark tank earlier this year and turned them down, he's garnered lots of good celebrity endorsements over the past year and brand has taken off. UConn is one of sweet 16 colleges they rolled out today - here's hoping that's a sign. Forgive them the misspelling Uconn.

University of Connecticut - stand in what you stand for

Reaction Score
They're cool but $50 for slippers?

Seconded, very nice looking product, ridiculously exorbitant price for sandals of all things. I wouldn't want to admit spending even $30 on sandals, but in a world where people spend $80 on a hoodie because it has an Under Armor logo, clearly I'm not the normal consumer

Reaction Score
They're cool but $50 for slippers?
Its a customized, higher-end product, understand that some prefer $20 flip-flops. But those won't turn heads at next weekend's tailgate ;)
Plus posted because its a positive thing to be supported that UConn is one of the 16 schools they rolled out - so building two brands that I like.

Reaction Score
Some guy on Twitter said use SC32 for 20% off. They look nice but still out of my price range

Reaction Score
So the question would be if you were to spend 39.99 with the special code, which one's do you like?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The ones with the eyes are pretty cool, but I don't wear sandals and if I have to, I just buy $5 flip flops from Wal Mart/Target.

Reaction Score
Good luck to the guy.

I'm not a sandals guy unless I'm wet wading and then it's tevas.

Serious question - do a lot of people wear sandals/filp flops in public? The kids I'm doing BB/BS with does and I send him back into his house to change into some type of closed toe shoes - so perhaps it's more common than I know.

Reaction Score
Good luck to the guy.

Serious question - do a lot of people wear sandals/filp flops in public? The kids I'm doing BB/BS with does and I send him back into his house to change into some type of closed toe shoes - so perhaps it's more common than I know.
Feels really good to go from sweaty socks and high tops to letting the dogs breathe, I see lots of kids in them at gyms/tournaments.

Wonder if they are made in China for $8?
jibsey,
As far as pricing or cost of materials I don't know where they get their materials, but assembled/printed here. And if you need a reason to pay more, like I said great guy that runs the company and they are all heavily involved in giving back via islide4good and Shooting Touch which is a charity organization that uses basketball as bridge to help inner city kids in US as well as Rwanda.

Dispatches from Rwanda -- Using basketball to break the cycle of poverty and disease

About Shooting Touch Charity

Reaction Score
Feels really good to go from sweaty socks and high tops to letting the dogs breathe, I see lots of kids in them at gyms/tournaments.

Wonder if they are made in China for $8?
jibsey,
As far as pricing or cost of materials I don't know where they get their materials, but assembled/printed here. And if you need a reason to pay more, like I said great guy that runs the company and they are all heavily involved in giving back via islide4good and Shooting Touch which is a charity organization that uses basketball as bridge to help inner city kids in US as well as Rwanda.

Dispatches from Rwanda -- Using basketball to break the cycle of poverty and disease

About Shooting Touch Charity

I figured they were more american made than the average similar product, I was hoping that would be part of the reason for the high price so that's at least good.

I think youth culture, maybe up to mid 20s probably like wearing this sort of thing a lot. Sneaker or sandals 100% of the time with your tight cuffed 'jogger' pants. I'm only 35 but man lately I feel exceedingly like a grumpy old man reacting to youth culture

Reaction Score
Good luck to the guy.

I live in Florida we wear them 365 days/year basically.
Back when my wife and I were in grad school (neither of us from Florida) marveled at how the other kids from Florida would wear flip flops/sandals to class EVERY day - It's always warm here so only time I wear socks is for a business meeting, go out for dinner or to ball! I will be buying a pair - those red ones are sick!!!

Reaction Score
If they are similar quality to the higher level Nike and Adidas slides, then the pricing isn't bad considering the customization, smaller company, and the 15-20% off that seems to be readily available. I wore slides a lot (classic Adidas) when I was in my 20's. My 11 year old son wears them all the time, and always has them in his soccer / lax bag for after games. Take a look at a sports website and you'll see that slides and flip flops have gone high end.

Reaction Score
Good luck to the guy.

Basketball players wear them constantly. So they can keep their shoes for thencourt nice.

I tell the kids they look like idiots every time

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
About $30 too expensive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members