OT: - New Basketball Floor Technology | The Boneyard

OT: New Basketball Floor Technology

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
They have developed a basketball floor made up of LEDs that can display anything (kinda like the Vegas Sphere). The NBA All Star game will be played on one. I don't watch a lot of NBA, but I'll definitely check it out.

Imagine how ugly they can now make the Oregon and TCU floors with that tech! But I can see interesting use cases like replays during a time out or stats at half time, etc. Team logos for neutral site games on either side would be nice.

Reaction Score
They have developed a basketball floor made up of LEDs that can display anything (kinda like the Vegas Sphere). The NBA All Star game will be played on one. I don't watch a lot of NBA, but I'll definitely check it out.

Imagine how ugly they can now make the Oregon and TCU floors with that tech! But I can see interesting use cases like replays during a time out or stats at half time, etc. Team logos for neutral site games on either side would be nice.
There was a FIBA U-whatever girl's basketball tournament played on that type of flooring over the summer. IIRC the players were fine with it (although they were likely biased since they felt special for debuting the new tech).

Looked strange, but still far, far better than Oregon's home court.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised they don’t have the technology in the floor that senses when someone steps out of bounds or if it’s a 2 or 3 pointer. I’m sure that’s in the works…

Reaction Score
The only advantage that I feel like I would appreciate is the fact that we would never again have to see multiple 3-point lines on the same court.

Reaction Score
The only advantage that I feel like I would appreciate is the fact that we would never again have to see multiple 3-point lines on the same court.
I think if it worked perfectly it would be awesome. But I doubt it'll work perfectly

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
They will iron out the tech to perfect it. My only concerns would be the feel vs traditional hardwood and the inevitable failures that will happen.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
They will iron out the tech to perfect it. My only concerns would be the feel vs traditional hardwood and the inevitable failures that will happen.
We're going to step away for a commercial while they reboot the floor.

Reaction Score
Just because you have the tech it doesn't mean you should use it. This is awful and distracting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom