New AP Poll | The Boneyard

New AP Poll

Reaction Score
Love the top 10 right before tournament time!

Very strange that Marquette didn’t move up after beating UConn and Xavier, who both moved up after beating worse teams. Am I missing something here?

Memphis and FAU snuck in at 24 and 25. Nice to see, they ended their seasons really well

Creighton first team out and Providence with NO VOTES after dropping 4 of their last 5

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
#10 in the AP poll and # 4 on Kenpom, yet a 4 Seed? What am I missing ?
That the committee didn’t want to give two big east teams a three seed so they gave it to Xavier based upon their being in the finals.

Best I got.

Reaction Score
Typically the final AP Poll before the tournament is the best indicator of seeding in the NCAA Tournament. I'm not complaining about UConn's 4 seed in the NCAA Tournament, but just an observation that out of the first 11 teams, UConn is the only one that didn't fit into their seed. 1-4 are all 1 seeds, 5-8 are the 2 seeds, #9 Gonzaga and #11 Baylor are 3 seeds. #10 UConn is a 4 seed. #12 Duke is a 5 seed. Interesting that the AP ranking for them is so off from their seed.

Then #13 Xavier is a 3 seed. #14 Virginia is a 4 seed. #15 Kansas St. is a 3 seed but #16 Miami is a 5 seed.

Reaction Score
It shouldn't. That's already accounted for in all the other metrics.

So they choose to double-count factors that hurt us, and that's supposed to be legitimate?
It should count for something, but their losses to DePaul and Butler seem to have been ignored, as have UConn's wins over Alabama and Iowa St.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Love the top 10 right before tournament time! and our boys

Very strange that Marquette didn’t move up after beating UConn and Xavier, who both moved up after beating worse teams. Am I missing something here?

Memphis and FAU snuck in at 24 and 25. Nice to see, they ended their seasons really well

Creighton first team out and Providence with NO VOTES after dropping 4 of their last 5
I agree on Marquette. Win the Big East and don't move. A tough game against St. Johns and us, Should of bumped up one. My thought the end of season, let's get the bracket going. Nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
When is the last time we finished regular season top 10? Is it 2009?

Reaction Score
That the committee didn’t want to give two big east teams a three seed so they gave it to Xavier based upon their being in the finals.

Best I got.

I would say well Xavier beat us twice so there's that.

But then they put NC State in over Clemson, despite the fact that Clemson beat them by double digits three times!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Except the initial bracket reveal basically followed the AP rankings.

They went with the rankings and ignored NET/KenPom to screw us in February, and now they ignore both to screw us in March.
We didn't get screwed. If we dictate the terms of the games we play we'll be fine

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Typically the final AP Poll before the tournament is the best indicator of seeding in the NCAA Tournament. I'm not complaining about UConn's 4 seed in the NCAA Tournament, but just an observation that out of the first 11 teams, UConn is the only one that didn't fit into their seed. 1-4 are all 1 seeds, 5-8 are the 2 seeds, #9 Gonzaga and #11 Baylor are 3 seeds. #10 UConn is a 4 seed. #12 Duke is a 5 seed. Interesting that the AP ranking for them is so off from their seed.

Then #13 Xavier is a 3 seed. #14 Virginia is a 4 seed. #15 Kansas St. is a 3 seed but #16 Miami is a 5 seed.
oh, so take the only poll that counts, divide by 4, go with that or add or subtract 1, and those are the seeds. all these teams mentioned fit this criteria exactly, but for duke and us.
duke becuz their talent and coaching brought them a league championship, they're good, but they can only reasonably jump up so far from their previous lethargy, and us becuz, umm, we have done squat in danny's time? haven't even reached our league finals yet, the regular season chance of winning the regular season was over in the beginning of feb,
or mebbe folks just don't like him. pick one.

and oh, FAU #25. period. regular season over. a complete and resounding success.

Reaction Score
Dickie V had us #10 last week. This week he leaves us high and dry.

1678737608183.png

Reaction Score
PAC 12 has two 2 seeds so I don't think number of conference members on a line matters.

I give Geno a lot of credit, he doesn't hold back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom