New AP Poll | The Boneyard

New AP Poll

Reaction Score
No change in top 10 except UCLA and Stanford swap places - UCLA up to #5 / Stanford down to #6.

Tennessee up 5 spots to #20. Kentucky down 3 spots to #15.

Arkansas down 4 spots to #19.

Syracuse and Iowa State drop out. West Virginia (#24) and S. Dakota State (#25) come in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No change in top 10 except UCLA and Stanford swap places - UCLA up to #5 / Stanford down to #6.

Tennessee up 5 spots to #20. Kentucky down 3 spots to #15.

Syracuse and Iowa State drop out. West Virginia (#24) and S. Dakota State (#25) come in.

I am surprised Ten is not ranked higher.

Reaction Score
I am surprised Ten is not ranked higher.
Example of why we distrust polls. Tenn "blows out" Kentucky and sits 5 spots below them. I choose to not even look at who played who, blah, blah, blah. Sometimes there's a definitive statement made. Ok, whatever. If polls are worthless, then one just ignores them. Not sure how much seeding is influenced by them anyway. It may just be fun for the players to see their teams ranked. (unless you're Tenn and you just "manhandled" a team 5 spots ahead of you.) Covid. Got to be Covid. Everything's Covid.

Reaction Score
Example of why we distrust polls. Tenn "blows out" Kentucky and sits 5 spots below them. I choose to not even look at who played who, blah, blah, blah. Sometimes there's a definitive statement made. Ok, whatever. If polls are worthless, then one just ignores them. Not sure how much seeding is influenced by them anyway. It may just be fun for the players to see their teams ranked. (unless you're Tenn and you just "manhandled" a team 5 spots ahead of you.) Covid. Got to be Covid. Everything's Covid.
Thought Tennessee might be ranked ahead of some of Arkansas, Gonzaga, DePaul, Indiana, and Kentucky.

Tennessee beat Indiana, Arkansas, and Kentucky and have fewer losses and good wins.

2 of Tennesse’s loses came to teams currently ranked below them, at 22 and 24 ?

Oh well, guess everything will shake out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Tennessee lost a game last week, how high can you really expect them to rise in the polls?

My big question is how is Arkansas, the only ranked team w/ 5 losses, still sitting at #19?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Tennessee lost a game last week, how high can you really expect them to rise in the polls?

My big question is how is Arkansas, the only ranked team w/ 5 losses, still sitting at #19?
Hey now, it's not like they lost to chopped liver :)

Reaction Score
Ha on a serious note, that was my main misgiving about resuming the series — breathing life into a program not far from its death agony. Geno is a magnanimous spirit, even when it comes to the Vawls.
My take: Harper might be a legitimate coach. She jumped right on the point of continuing the series with UConn. Really forced Geno's hand, with her enthusiasm. Team's played UConn tough two years in a row.
If you rewatch the Tenn game, those girls looked dejected when they came over for the last time out. Not only did they come back and except for a PB dagger, have a last shot to tie or win but they also came back and soundly beat Kentucky. I sense good coaching. Oh no.....

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ha on a serious note, that was my main misgiving about resuming the series — breathing life into a program mired in mediocrity. Geno is a magnanimous spirit, even when it comes to the Vawls.
Geno and the Huskies did their part by shutting down the LV’s hope in the 4th qtr. If new life is breathed into their program it’s the fault of KJH who is doing an excellent job of getting TN to play hard at both ends of the court, and saying all the right things off the court.

While I am not a fan of TN WBB, I have to give credit where credit is due. Harper is changing the toxic culture in Knoxville that existed under HW for the better.

Reaction Score
Then lets not play ND..I like them being irrelevant..
Come on! Big games/rivalry games are fun for everybody.
Imagine a world in which every game was like Saturday's game with Georgetown.
I was so irritable after that game, that I kicked my dog. (just kidding- don't have a dog and I would never kick a dog unless it was attacking me)

Reaction Score
Come on! Big games/rivalry games are fun for everybody.
Imagine a world in which every game was like Saturday's game with Georgetown.
I was so irritable after that game, that I kicked my dog. (just kidding- don't have a dog and I would never kick a dog unless it was attacking me)
Don't piss off the cat either.

Reaction Score

Exactly. Has much as I love watching Arkansas play and think highly of Coach Neighbors, Arkansas should not be ranked in the top 20 right now. Texas? They aren't getting any love. They should be in the top 25.

Reaction Score
My take: Harper might be a legitimate coach. She jumped right on the point of continuing the series with UConn. Really forced Geno's hand, with her enthusiasm. Team's played UConn tough two years in a row.
If you rewatch the Tenn game, those girls looked dejected when they came over for the last time out. Not only did they come back and except for a PB dagger, have a last shot to tie or win but they also came back and soundly beat Kentucky. I sense good coaching. Oh no.....

If they play next year, I don't expect the game to be as close. UConn, at home, and with added talented, will win by double digits.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
With help from Michelle Voepel who delivered Harper's interest during the pregame presser

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Im amazed that the other 3 teams are getting more first place votes then UConn. I would guess barring injuries that by March 1 UConn will be getting alot more votes for number 1.
After the Georgetown game? How bad does UConn have to play for you to realize they are not yet as good as you think? The talent is there but has not gotten the opportunity to play enough games to gel. I believe they will get there but they are not yet there. As for Texas, they lost again tonight.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I apologize to Arkansas. My new target for "Why are they ranked?" is Mississippi St. Got thumped by South Carolina tonight, fell to 3-4 in conference and 8-5 overall. One decent win against Georgia and the rest of their Ws are against garbage. They shouldn't even be in the "others receiving votes" category, let alone Top 25.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I apologize to Arkansas. My new target for "Why are they ranked?" is Mississippi St. Got thumped by South Carolina tonight, fell to 3-4 in conference and 8-5 overall. One decent win against Georgia and the rest of their Ws are against garbage. They shouldn't even be in the "others receiving votes" category, let alone Top 25.

they weren't anywhere near my BY 25

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom