New additions/update to 2024 Schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New additions/update to 2024 Schedule

Reaction Score
New Mexico St with Jerry Kill are darlings right now. Looked at their schedule and results, trying to find some ideas for a UConn schedule.

2 results jumped out, lost to UMass 41-30 early, destroyed Auburn late(who had Alabama and Georgia on the ropes in same time frame)

If you ask the man on the street, can UConn be better than NM St in football, I thin the reply would be yes. So what is different right now?

Need a conference?? Is Mora=Kill?

Reaction Score
if 9/7 ends up being open, UConn’s first 2 games will probably be their 2 toughest opponents next season.
Based on who’s got what weekends open…I’d assume it’ll be Rice or Merrimack that weekend.

Reaction Score
New Mexico St with Jerry Kill are darlings right now. Looked at their schedule and results, trying to find some ideas for a UConn schedule.

2 results jumped out, lost to UMass 41-30 early, destroyed Auburn late(who had Alabama and Georgia on the ropes in same time frame)

If you ask the man on the street, can UConn be better than NM St in football, I thin the reply would be yes. So what is different right now?

Need a conference?? Is Mora=Kill?

What NMSU tells me is that you can still do well by bringing in JUCOs by the truckload, but don’t be surprised if the early results are mixed as it takes a minute to build a proper team.

Kill is a great offensive coach. In this modern game the offense has all the advantages. So your opportunity to win is increased immeasurably when you invest well in offense.

Also, we are recruiting a fair amount of Kill’s players in the transfer portal.

Reaction Score
They play a schedule that more closely aligns with their football budget, congrats. You are suggesting we need to play schools with less than half our football budget to be successful. 3-9 this year was not expected by just about everybody. Unlike in years past. If you think you need double the resources to beat up on the FIUs of the football world then things are very very wrong. Oh, and Joly didn't seem to be impressed with your backwards thinking Yankee Conference notion of a rivalry game with UMass in their 17k stadium that is as it was since you were in school 50 years ago..
"If you think you need double the resources to beat up on the FIUs of the football world then things are very very wrong." you got it Duncan, as have many others

losing winnable games, not coming up big in games that we were slightly overmatched told the story this year

we didn't compete

Many agree that we should pour P4 money into the program, but we have to compete where we can compete right now, otherwise we have the wrong folks at the helm

adapting to the shifting sands of college athletics is as important as X's O's, next year is going to be huge

In 2024, can we upset Maryland(talll order) and get Merrimack on weekend 2? 2-0 and we are on our way

Reaction Score
They play a schedule that more closely aligns with their football budget, congrats. You are suggesting we need to play schools with less than half our football budget to be successful. 3-9 this year was not expected by just about everybody. Unlike in years past. If you think you need double the resources to beat up on the FIUs of the football world then things are very very wrong. Oh, and Joly didn't seem to be impressed with your backwards thinking Yankee Conference notion of a rivalry game with UMass in their 17k stadium that is as it was since you were in school 50 years ago..
It isn’t budget. It is a question of talent. We get G5 talent. We aren’t winning many games against P4 teams. No G5 does. Add to that we aren’t in a league so we play a mush mash of teams.

As for Joly and UMass I doubt rivalry games had much to do with it. After all, Colorado-Colorado State seldom gets mentioned in the same breath with Ohio Star-Michigan.

Reaction Score
I still don't get how people can think AD Dave is not a top AD. He saved the basketball programs, made several good to very good Indy schedules, got a legitimate coach to come to a 1-11 program, has gone head first into fundraising and NIL.

Only real blemishes is the Ollie lawsuit, keeping Ray Reid two years too long and the Field Hockey succession.
field hockey succession? what does that mean?

Reaction Score

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Not feeling it.. looks like another of destruction

Reaction Score
It means when our Hall of Fame coach retired, her replacement took us from Final 4's to .500 record within 2 years
Nancy Stevens could have taken the football team to a Bowl game. When you're that good you figure it out.

Reaction Score
Actually Nancy is still a volunteer assistant coach, and the new head coach is her former assistant of almost 20 years, who was the primary international recruiter. Maybe he’s spread too thin.
He was doing the recruiting overseas which was key to their success. Pandemic travel restrictions killed the roster. Maybe it will come back to previous levels.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I still don't get how people can think AD Dave is not a top AD. He saved the basketball programs, made several good to very good Indy schedules, got a legitimate coach to come to a 1-11 program, has gone head first into fundraising and NIL.

Only real blemishes is the Ollie lawsuit, keeping Ray Reid two years too long and the Field Hockey succession.
Men's soccer succession gets a TBD. I wasn't high on the choice and hoping he proves me very wrong. I'm also unsure on Men's Hockey. I'm not sure if we've reached Cav's ceiling. Women's soccer, hockey and softball look like good hires.

Reaction Score
Shizzle would rather go 0-12 playing all P4 opponents than win a game playing against a Sunbelt team. This despite the fact that since the Big East imploded we are 2-12 or something.
And when did we beat a P4 team before BC?
Somehow your less concerned about barely beating and losing to FCS teams. Like we shouldn't be better than that. Your search for the bottom in order to succeed is never ending. You and others make a great Limbo Dancers.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

The 2028 game still stands according to uconnhuskies.com. 23/28 is one home and home and 24/25 is simply another home and home. Also, it’s unknown if the 2025 schedule is complete because we don’t know what Army is going to do with our game that year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom