New 2017 Commit - Zavier Scott (Killeen, Texas/Vilseck, Germany) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New 2017 Commit - Zavier Scott (Killeen, Texas/Vilseck, Germany)

Reaction Score

>>"The main reason was just how I felt with the coaches and on the campus. I speak with Coach Smith and Coach Edsall the most," he said. "They just seem like very genuine people compared to other coaches I met with in the past. I just felt like I was supposed to be there, and God was just telling me that I am supposed to commit to UConn."<<

Reaction Score
hey huskymedic, you're kinda slippin bro.. no updates on the 2017 Recruiting thread now that we have a new commit in this young blood? or maybe, just maybe we get one more before you update the list (hoping that JUCO DL who was took his OV decides to come too)...

Reaction Score
I wonder how much our 2012 basketball game vs Mich St in Germany, and also having Giffey from Germany on the team, helped us along the way with Scott?

I'm certain in had an impact

Germany_Michigan_State_Connecticut_Basketball__sports@rep-am.com_6.jpg

Reaction Score
>>Scott swept the speed events at the 2017 DODEA-Europe track and field championship meet, placing first at 100, 200 and 400 meters. <<

Some perspective on his speed

>>From the article: He finished the 100-meter dash in 11.11 seconds, edged teammate Hayden Swan with a time of 22.47 seconds in the 200 meters, posted a winning time of 50.62 seconds in the 400<<

If he had been running in the Connecticut State Championships he would have finished as below
100 - 5th
200 - 10th
400 - T8th
Here is the link: https:CIAC STATE OPEN OTF CHAMPIONSHIP - Track & Field Meet

Reaction Score
Some perspective on his speed

>>From the article: He finished the 100-meter dash in 11.11 seconds, edged teammate Hayden Swan with a time of 22.47 seconds in the 200 meters, posted a winning time of 50.62 seconds in the 400<<

If he had been running in the Connecticut State Championships he would have finished as below
100 - 5th
200 - 10th
400 - T8th

Here is the link: https:CIAC STATE OPEN OTF CHAMPIONSHIP - Track & Field Meet

Not bad times by ZS for a secondary sport.
Zavier Scott Track and Field Profile

What were the 40 times for the one's who were faster in the 100?;)

Reaction Score
6'2" 200lbs with legit sub 4.4 time coming out of HS? Yeah, those numbers will get attention.

Yes some good raw talent. He's not Trentan Beram (track) fast but plenty fast enough. Some coaching and a little build up and we can put that speed and those big-daddy hands to use. Glad to have him on board. Building this up one brick at a time.

Now give me a plug and play OL stud and we're talking first downs all day.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Havent't seen anything confirming one way or the other. He was recruited/worked out by some schools @ both positions.

It feels like he has great size as a DB..and i think we need more depth in the secondary.

Reaction Score
Realistically, you can't tell much from that video other than he has some speed. No one is hitting him. I want to see a stiff arm from him and how he fights through a tackle. What happens when he gets hit? Does he fold like an accordion? Does he bounce back up or does he put a licking on the guy trying to tackle him? It's great to be able to outrun high school kids but what happens when you can't outrun your opponent and you still need to catch and gain a yard or two. If Edsall thinks he has the right stuff then far be it from me to question. Just not seeing any lower the shoulder pads and put somebody on their back from this kid.

You could have said the same thing about Robbie Frey's tape.

Reaction Score
I love that were recruiting athletes. Bring the raw talent and find a home for it later.
Exactly. Not with every recruit but have to have athletes at every position. When was the last time we saw someone like Trevardo Williams? A track star at DE. SPEED. This team needs it. I made mention earlier of the inclusion of track athletes in this class. I love it. Havent seen enough of this since Edsall left the first time.

Reaction Score

>>PPI wasn’t surprised to find that Zavier and UConn were a good match. I played under Coach Randy Edsall at UConn. Aaron Smith (UConn’s WR Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, and Zavier’s future position coach) was one of my teammates, and a friend whom I have stayed in contact with over the past decade. I know how Coach Edsall is very regimented in the way he runs his program. Coach Smith and Zavier both were raised in military families. Zavier has been steeped in the type of discipline Edsall is looking for in his players, so I knew there would be immediate chemistry with Zavier and UConn’s coaching staff. Coach Smith affirmed my assertion that Zavier is Edsall’s “type of guy” after Zavier's visit to Storrs.<<

Anthony Rouzier (UConn 2005).

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom