Never won at Creighton, time for an exorcism | The Boneyard

Never won at Creighton, time for an exorcism

Reaction Score
1708434446940.gif

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Another long day waiting until 8:30pm et to watch this happen. One less fan in my house will be watching. My 9 year old has trouble staying awake past 9pm on a school night. He likes the late tip offs more than Hurley. At least tonight it will only be 7:30 local time. Imagine how this will impact conferences who will now have schools in four time zones.

MJ1

Reaction Score
John Fanta picks Creighton to upset UConn tonight on SiriusXM College sports radio. If UConn continues playing it’s best I don’t see it.

Reaction Score
John Fanta picks Creighton to upset UConn tonight on SiriusXM College sports radio. If UConn continues playing it’s best I don’t see it.

Basically every CBB talking head is picking Creighton tonight. Have heard everything from it being a quick turnaround for UConn to Creighton being the farthest distance from UConn to travel to. I really don't see Creighton having the personal to keep up outside Baylor Scheierman and Ashford going completely nuts. I think it will be a closer match but unless we come out like Seton Hall, I still like UConn .

Reaction Score
Besides the lazy “UConn has never won in Omaha and, since nothing ever changes, clearly they’ll lose again…” take, what is Fanta’s argument?

Reaction Score
Basically every CBB talking head is picking Creighton tonight. Have heard everything from it being a quick turnaround for UConn to Creighton being the farthest distance from UConn to travel to. I really don't see Creighton having the personal to keep up outside Baylor Scheierman and Ashford going completely nuts. I think it will be a closer match but unless we come out like Seton Hall, I still like UConn .

Big keys will be Diarra/?Newton locking down Ashworth and (I assume) Castle/Alex locking down Scheierman

How the Refs call this game against us will be huge (don't mean this in a whiny way...Creighton's D is designed to limit fouling, so they won't get in foul trouble...we play more aggressive on-ball D and how whistle-happy the refs are about that will shape the game)

Reaction Score
Creighton board is debating would it be appropriate for a court storming if they do win tonight. seems to be 50/50

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Creighton board is debating would it be appropriate for a court storming if they do win tonight. seems to be 50/50
Much like here, I'm guessing the "no court storm" folks are older guys. And even many of them were saying, "I wouldn't, but it's for the kids".

Creighton's never beaten a #1 there. Bet the house there's a court storming.

If that happens, it'll be the biggest thing to happen in Omaha since Crazy Horse surrendered.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Much like here, I'm guessing the "no court storm" folks are older guys. And even many of them were saying, "I wouldn't, but it's for the kids".

Creighton's never beaten a #1 there. Bet the house there's a court storming.

If that happens, it'll be the biggest thing to happen in Omaha since Crazy Horse surrendered.
Or Charlie Munger dying..

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Or Charlie Munger dying..
They were probably waiting for Charlie to pass for at least a decade.

But good for Charlie. Last I saw of him he still looked like a jolly cherub at 98 and had more on the ball than either party head. Maybe it was all that Coca-Cola.

Reaction Score
He also picked Marquette to win last weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom