Need to beat Miami | The Boneyard

Need to beat Miami

Reaction Score
Yes, if we want to build on this tough loss, we 100% have to start by beating Miami. Tonight was frustrating, but I will feel a lot better if we win on Sunday. I hope Akok is ok. He could have been the difference maker in that second OT.

Reaction Score
I wish we were playing Miami at 2am. I can’t wait this long between games knowing we really need to get this 2nd win in Charleston.

At the end of the year, the NCAA selection committee will be scratching their heads deciding whether or not we dance.

Reaction Score
If we can fly into conference play 10-2 with a win over Indiana that’d be cool. Hopefully along the way we can find our lineup and fix the glaring flaws to win some conference games

Reaction Score
UConn needs to beat Miami because they are from a P5 conference. Any time UConn takes the court or field against a P5 opponent, they need to win. Can't make a case for being at the big kids table if you don't beat the big kids. So Miami on Sunday . . . send them back to ACC a beaten team. And in a few weeks, same treatment for Indiana. If ylu are going to lose a game, make it to Maine or someone else, not a P5.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
UConn needs to beat Miami because they are from a P5 conference. Any time UConn takes the court or field against a P5 opponent, they need to win. Can't make a case for being at the big kids table if you don't beat the big kids. So Miami on Sunday . . . send them back to ACC a beaten team. And in a few weeks, same treatment for Indiana. If ylu are going to lose a game, make it to Maine or someone else, not a P5.
It’s more about building up mental toughness. If kids don’t come out mad from this loss than I’m concerned they still have a losing mentality. That type of attitude should be on forums only.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It’s more about building up mental toughness. If kids don’t come out mad from this loss than I’m concerned they still have a losing mentality. That type of attitude should be on forums only.

This I believe whole heartedly: we learn from tonight. We don’t lose this game next year or next month or even next week. You don’t win without overcoming adversity. This one stings. But it’s a learning opportunity. We are going to be better going forward.

As a side note, I feel awful for Bouk. Whaley and he walked into the tunnel together, Whaley’s arm around him in consolation. When he got out of view of the cameras and most fans, Bouk doubled over and, I think, began to cry- or at least was extremely upset. Clearly he felt like he cost us the game with his late foul. Had to be walked to the locker room. I feel for him. He was a warrior tonight. Bouk is a stud and tonight doesn’t change that.

Reaction Score
This I believe whole heartedly: we learn from tonight. We don’t lose this game next year or next month or even next week. You don’t win without overcoming adversity. This one stings. But it’s a learning opportunity. We are going to be better going forward.

As a side note, I feel awful for Bouk. Whaley and he walked into the tunnel together, Whaley’s arm around him in consolation. When he got out of view of the cameras and most fans, Bouk doubled over and, I think, began to cry- or at least was extremely upset. Clearly he felt like he cost us the game with his late foul. Had to be walked to the locker room. I feel for him. He was a warrior tonight. Bouk is a stud and tonight doesn’t change that.
Bouk carried us, by far the best player on the team.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Bouk carried us, by far the best player on the team.

Absolutely. He sent it to OT. I had people in the crowd asking me who he was. He’s noticeable. He’s going to be a great Husky.

Reaction Score
I for one think we should beat every time on our schedule. Good strategy

Reaction Score
Its good that its a 1 o'clock game so the team can have a team around and much time to dwell on the loss especially on the road. Basically its get up, win and get out of town.

Reaction Score
Glad it's Sunday and not tonight. They could use the extra rest after double OT last night.

Hope they can regroup and get the W. We don't have many P5 schools on our schedule.

Reaction Score
Its good that its a 1 o'clock game so the team can have a team around and much time to dwell on the loss especially on the road. Basically its get up, win and get out of town.
The game is tomorrow, not today

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom