ND's Lloyd is listed day to day with knee injury. | The Boneyard

ND's Lloyd is listed day to day with knee injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGN

Reaction Score
It was the ankle that got injured in the UT game....Where did she get the knee injury?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I just watched the replay of the Tenn player that went out of her way to intentionally push her foot into Lloyd's ankle. It is so obvious if you watch what she did with her foot in totally open space. I can't believe the refs don't watch these films and warn or suspend kids for these intentional injuries. Lloyd was picking up gas, and although she crushed the ankle with her foot- while trying to catch he from a bit behind, I wouldn't be surprised by any injuries that result. Bet Laney after a clean rebound saw Steph was was going around her to get back on defense- and she made a move putting her foot out that wasn't a basketball move at all and tripped Steph hard. When u suspect it, and slow it down, it's obvious when it's intentional. Funny thing about Lloyd. In semis last year, she was boxing Morgan out, when A long rebound that Morgan would have had over Lloyd and behind the both of them. Lloyd stuck her foot out and tripped Tuck, Morgan went flying head first and Lloyd saved a possession. I don't like it. Ther knees are fragile enough.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The ankle is connected to the knee so it could well have happened at the same time - ankle could have felt worse at the time, but the knee could also have been strained.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you watch the replay you see the knee rolled over but when the staff comes out it is the knee they are giving attention to and that Loyd is reaching her hands around. I thought it odd because of the clear heavy ankle roll but with the news both must have been involved.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Reaction Score
I just watched the replay of the Tenn player that went out of her way to intentionally push her foot into Lloyd's ankle. It is so obvious if you watch what she did with her foot in totally open space. I can't believe the refs don't watch these films and warn or suspend kids for these intentional injuries. Lloyd was picking up gas, and although she crushed the ankle with her foot- while trying to catch he from a bit behind, I wouldn't be surprised by any injuries that result. Bet Laney after a clean rebound saw Steph was was going around her to get back on defense- and she made a move putting her foot out that wasn't a basketball move at all and tripped Steph hard. When u suspect it, and slow it down, it's obvious when it's intentional. Funny thing about Lloyd. In semis last year, she was boxing Morgan out, when A long rebound that Morgan would have had over Lloyd and behind the both of them. Lloyd stuck her foot out and tripped Tuck, Morgan went flying head first and Lloyd saved a possession. I don't like it. Ther knees are fragile enough.
Betnijah Laney did not intentionally trip Dolson. She is not that type of player. That comment is both insulting and untrue. I don't have a replay to watch, but I did see the play that injured Lloyd and did not think that was intentional either.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Really? You're going to go there? Get a reality grip...

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I saw the knee bobble first and hubby said, no it was her ankle. Looked like her ankle got pinned and everything else was still moving. I remember my PT telling me that if I wanted to continue to play hoops after an ACL repair, I'd have to go to mid or low cut sneaks. She said that if my ankle was "locked", then any movement would transfer upward and my knee would be next. Then again, hi tops were so much higher and more rigid back then.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I did not think anything was intentional. It was simply one of those things that happens in competition. Stepping on another's foot intentionally would be to put yourself at risk for a sprained ankle, too.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I thought it looked intentional live, but I watched the replay and changed my mind.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I did not think anything was intentional. It was simply one of those things that happens in competition.
Oh stop being an apologist. You know that all of these players are in 125% control of every muscle in their body and that they are fresh as daisies throughout the game and that they are omniscient of everything around them and they all have tiny feet that should never interfere with another player's foot unless they are intentional evildoers.

It may be difficult for a lot of fans to believe that accidents happen out on the court, but anyone who has ever played a game of basketball knows that things happen out there that players have no control over, especially when action from 9 other players is swirling all around them. Even in cases where a player's action was intentional, such as Epiphanny Prince's pull down of Maya Moore in 2008, both Geno and Maya were satisfied that it was just the effort that was intentional and not the resulting outcome and injury. In Monday's case, Loyd actually stepped out more into UTenn's Jasmine Jones' path while swinging to the right to go around another Vol defender. Absolutely accidental contact.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I watched a game last week and after the game,during the traditional high five, one of the players smashed the other player's hand hard to put her out for their next meeting. I won't name the players or the game because I don't want this to be classified as a rumor and kept off the Boneyard. But if you watch in in slow motion you'll know who I'm talking about.

Your ever paranoid HuskyBill

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I watched a game last week and after the game,during the traditional high five, one of the players smashed the other player's hand hard to put her out for their next meeting. I won't name the players or the game because I don't want this to be classified as a rumor and kept off the Boneyard. But if you watch in in slow motion you'll know who I'm talking about.

Your ever paranoid HuskyBill
Action always gets testy in the gnome ball games. I'm just thankful that you guys don't butt heads more often because I would hate to think what would happen if there's an impalement on one of those pointy hats. A small blessing, I guess.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Action always gets testy in the gnome ball games. I'm just thankful that you guys don't butt heads more often because I would hate to think what would happen if there's an impalement on one of those pointy hats. A small blessing, I guess.
Hard to believe gnomes can even high five each other unless the high is a state of mind.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Betnijah Laney did not intentionally trip Dolson. She is not that type of player. That comment is both insulting and untrue. I don't have a replay to watch, but I did see the play that injured Lloyd and did not think that was intentional either.
Watch the replay and the slow Mo- it is obvious - IMO! It was an unnatural move- she looked where she was going and then clipped her after totally controlling the rebound. Steph wasn't even that close to her.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I did not think anything was intentional. It was simply one of those things that happens in competition. Stepping on another's foot intentionally would be to put yourself at risk for a sprained ankle, too.
IB- the Tenn player was much more obviously an intentional attempt in an effort to also slow down a fast break. These two incidents I speak of - there was no way it was just normal unfortunate unavoidable contact from competition. This is really no different than when frustrated players react with elbows and shoves- and it is usually safer as the players rarely get ejected as it is tougher to pick up live. If u watched them in slo mo- I think u might see it differently. FYI-I'm sure of it.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Oh stop being an apologist. You know that all of these players are in 125% control of every muscle in their body and that they are fresh as daisies throughout the game and that they are omniscient of everything around them and they all have tiny feet that should never interfere with another player's foot unless they are intentional evildoers.

It may be difficult for a lot of fans to believe that accidents happen out on the court, but anyone who has ever played a game of basketball knows that things happen out there that players have no control over, especially when action from 9 other players is swirling all around them. Even in cases where a player's action was intentional, such as Epiphanny Prince's pull down of Maya Moore in 2008, both Geno and Maya were satisfied that it was just the effort that was intentional and not the resulting outcome and injury. In Monday's case, Loyd actually stepped out more into UTenn's Jasmine Jones' path while swinging to the right to go around another Vol defender. Absolutely accidental contact.
DobbsR- u watched that over and that's what u came up with- they showed it once in slow Mo- The Tenn player didn't even step down to trip her as she was behind and to the side- she planted her foot sideways into her ankle. IMO- this wasn't even close to Jewell cutting in front of her and unavoidable. U aren't wrong too often from what I see on these threads! This does't make u a bad person!?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
IB- the Tenn player was much more obviously an intentional attempt in an effort to also slow down a fast break. These two incidents I speak of - there was no way it was just normal unfortunate unavoidable contact from competition. This is really no different than when frustrated players react with elbows and shoves- and it is usually safer as the players rarely get ejected as it is tougher to pick up live. If u watched them in slo mo- I think u might see it differently. FYI-I'm sure of it.
Are you discussing the Loyd fast break? I rewatched it several times for both the ankle and the knee. IMO, completely unintentional.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Are you discussing the Loyd fast break? I rewatched it several times for both the ankle and the knee. IMO, completely unintentional.
Yes- we'll agree to disagree- she kicks her foot out into her ankle joint in a totally unnatural athletic move IMO.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
DobbsR- u watched that over and that's what u came up with- they showed it once in slow Mo- The Tenn player didn't even step down to trip her as she was behind and to the side- she planted her foot sideways into her ankle. IMO- this wasn't even close to Jewell cutting in front of her and unavoidable. U aren't wrong too often from what I see on these threads! This does't make u a bad person!?
Sorry, GI, but all I can say is what you are seeing is delusional and somewhat paranoid. I'm sorry but defensive players are allowed to run up the court and try to hinder the ball handler and try for a steal, that is their job. They also cannot anticipate every move that the ball handler will make. And they are often big women running up the court at high speed and cannot stop on a dime. In this case as you can plainly see in the replay it is Loyd who makes a slight adjustment in her path to avoid a defender and moves over toward Jones who cannot change her course fast enough to completely avoid Loyd, and their feet meet. If Jones' foot came down a split second earlier, it would have been her and not Loyd with the twisted up ankle.

Look, we're here on the boards to respect and honor the tremendous efforts of the players, even if we passionately hate some of these teams. It is a real disservice both to the athletes and the forum boards to go spouting off with unsubstantiated attacks on players' integrity when you are clueless about their intentions and visual evidence is solidly against your delusions. There's a place down south where they do that type of stuff with gusto, but fortunately they at last mustered up the decency to charge money to get into their carp hole. Let's let what's spewed on the Summitt stay on the Summitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom