Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
just weird to see that called twice in big situations

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
That ref have money on the game? That bs and the intentional?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
regardless of whether its the right call or not...wouldn't it be a smarter idea to begin enforcing this rule in the preseason of a season and not in the 2nd round of the ncaa tourney

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
Kellogg kept saying can't come in til the ball leaves his hands. It looked like it was out of the shooters hands before he was pay the three point line.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the NCAA has no doubt instructed the officials to focus on lane vios for some reason.

Reaction Score
regardless of whether its the right call or not...wouldn't it be a smarter idea to begin enforcing this rule in the preseason of a season and not in the 2nd round of the ncaa tourney

I agree. I have never seen it called and now twice in 2 days...

Reaction Score
Ref decided what would have been an exciting ending. He made the FT!! Arghh!! Lane violation? Seriously?? Zebras never blew the whistle when Scoe got mugged against Cuse...that could have been the difference between out and being in Rd of 32. Certain refs blow...literally.

Reaction Score
The refs should be making this call earlier in games if they are going to call it late in the game. If a player does it earlier and doesn't get called, there should be no reason for him to believe he will be called for doing the same thing later in the game.

Reaction Score
edit: Nevermind, I guess it was the right call.
I'm not so sure about that. If the rule is the player can't enter the circle till after the ball is released, it didn't look like he got in early until the ball left his hand.

D

Denham Brown

^^^^Agreed! He certainly seemed to hold off unti the ball was out of his hand

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
It's ND. Boo hoo. They would have been blown out in the next round in spectacular ND fashion anyway.

Reaction Score
edit: Nevermind, I guess it was the right call.
Apparently the players don't watch basketball because that exact situation happened last night and they re-played it 100 times while the head of officials described the infractions.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that. If the rule is the player can't enter the circle till after the ball is released, it didn't look like he got in early until the ball left his hand.
Has to hit the rim for the shooter, or anyone not lined up on the blocks to go past the foul line, or 3pt arc.

Reaction Score
That was an absurd call. The first foot in the lane that I saw belonged to a Xavier player. And then to follow it up with an INT call? Just inept officiating.
Can't grab a shirt and ride. Too obvious.

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
Has to hit the rim for the shooter, or anyone not lined up on the blocks to go past the foul line, or 3pt arc.

If that's the actual rule then it was the right call. But someone needs to tell clark kellogg.

Reaction Score
That call was like deciding the "vicinity" swipe of 2nd base is no good -- in the 9th inning of a playoff game. "Technically" it may be the right call. But good God, come on.

Reaction Score
If that's the actual rule then it was the right call. But someone needs to tell clark kellogg.

I think CK was focusing on the lane play, not Grant coming in from past the 3pt arc.

Reaction Score
Ideally, that is the sort of call that really should only be made if the shot is missed, since it has no bearing on anything if the shot goes in. But I understand the official can't decide to override the rulebook as it's written - if they see it, they can't ignore it. Same way I think if someone reaches in at midcourt to stop a breakaway and it has no effect on the guy blowing by him, they shouldn't take away that advantage and reward the defense for that foul and just let the guy have his breakaway. But the rulebook isn't written that way, either.

Reaction Score
What a surprise an announcer does not know the rules, and a former AA at that.!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom