NCAAT seeding vs undisclosed injuries | The Boneyard

NCAAT seeding vs undisclosed injuries

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I didn't want to derail the Injury thread in light of Kitley's announcement today, so here's a new discussion. I've put a few schools here to show what would happen if a team was down seeded based on an injury being disclosed before the bracket was released. Have at it!

#4 VA Tech (Kitley) - #5 seeds are OK, CO, Baylor, Utah
#2 Notre Dame (Watson) - #3s are OR St, LSU, UConn, NCSU
#1 Iowa (Davis) - #2s are ND, UCLA, OSU, Stanford
#4 Indiana (Holms) - see #5s above
Others?

Reaction Score
I didn't want to derail the Injury thread in light of Kitley's announcement today, so here's a new discussion. I've put a few schools here to show what would happen if a team was down seeded based on an injury being disclosed before the bracket was released. Have at it!

#4 VA Tech (Kitley) - #5 seeds are OK, CO, Baylor, Utah
#2 Notre Dame (Watson) - #3s are OR St, LSU, UConn, NCSU
#1 Iowa (Davis) - #2s are ND, UCLA, OSU, Stanford
#4 Indiana (Holms) - see #5s above
Others?

Not sure about including Molly Davis in that. Not that headband gal isn't a fun piece of the Iowa starting five but it's not like Hannah Stuelke or Kate Martin went down with one no to step in to help Clark. Leaves them a little short on ball handlers but the guards playing in her spot looked pretty good in the Big Ten tournament. Not like Iowa got routed in the Big Ten tournament and folks had to do a "What if" scenario, all they did was win it.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not sure about including Molly Davis in that. Not that headband gal isn't a fun piece of the Iowa starting five but it's not like Hannah Stuelke or Kate Martin went down with one no to step in to help Clark. Leaves them a little short on ball handlers but the guards playing in her spot looked pretty good in the Big Ten tournament. Not like Iowa got routed in the Big Ten tournament and folks had to do a "What if" scenario, all they did was win it.
Fair point. I didn't want to leave her out as it happened fairly close to Holmes & Kitley (I think?).

Reaction Score
Fair point. I didn't want to leave her out as it happened fairly close to Holmes & Kitley (I think?).

I get that. I will agree that Iowa is being more hopeful than realistic on her returning. Was watching that game and, man, it looked bad at the time. I just don't see a guard that relies on quickness to get by being able to return, maybe a center doing a Willis Reed but not a guard.

Reaction Score
Practice used to be seed as if the players will not return unless they play in the final game before the tournament. I think they need to go back to that. Otherwise you get situations like VT and Kansas on the men’s side where committee accepts the word of coaches with heavy incentives to be overly optimistic about their players’ health.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom