NCAA Tournament COVID Contingency Plans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament COVID Contingency Plans

Reaction Score
Timing is not the issue its the production team and Jim Nantz.

You cannot set up a B team to cover one of your signature events and no way in the world Nantz would agree to miss either event.
LOL. Nantz can choose which one he wants. CBS certainly has other announcers. This would merit ZERO consideration. Who announces for CBS will have ZERO effect.

Reaction Score
Honestly if I knew I had a bid locked up, I might be tempted to withdraw from my league tournament and lock my team down in a bubble somewhere before the important tournament starts. Why run the risk? Plus guys are going to be tempted to go out and celebrate. Given that the league tournaments are pretty meaningless made for tv events in the day of multiple bid leagues, if you think you have a shot at the NCAA title why muck around with some dopey league one?

Reaction Score
LOL. Nantz can choose which one he wants. CBS certainly has other announcers. This would merit ZERO consideration. Who announces for CBS will have ZERO effect.
Ha ok. Do a little research and google contracts. Maybe then you won't sound like a dofus.

Reaction Score
Honestly if I knew I had a bid locked up, I might be tempted to withdraw from my league tournament and lock my team down in a bubble somewhere before the important tournament starts. Why run the risk? Plus guys are going to be tempted to go out and celebrate. Given that the league tournaments are pretty meaningless made for tv events in the day of multiple bid leagues, if you think you have a shot at the NCAA title why muck around with some dopey league one?
The point of a basketball team is to play basketball games. Can't just crawl under a rock. There's a reason no team has purposefully withdrawn from conference tourneys.

And for UConn BE weekend tourney experiences and wins compare favorably I'd bet vs everything save final 8 games and final four weekends.

Reaction Score
Ha ok. Do a little research and google contracts. Maybe then you won't sound like a dofus.
You telling me that cbs, which pays $20 Billion for those rights through 2032 is making decisions passed on a contact of a broadcaster?

That is a laughable angle. CBS doesn’t want to mess with the Masters time frame, that is absolutely a consideration, but that has nothing to do with Jim Nantz.

Nantz is on a talent contract. He doesn’t have any say about anything other than when and where he works. If those events made it impossible to cover both, then he picks the one he wants, which would be the golf.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

what a crock of *

Reaction Score

what a crock of *

I had a false positive and had to close my business for 3 days and had to put more pressure on my employees for a full week. It sucked. But these are the complications we have to accept to do the best we can under the circumstances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom