NCAA Seeding Discussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Seeding Discussion

Reaction Score
We are one of just 14 teams that are:

(1) 500 or better in Quad 1 games
(2) 500 or better across Q1/Q2 games
(3) Undefeated in Quad 3/4 games

The composite NET rankings seem to be biased towards teams with more total games played. If the Committee adjusts for that, it can only help us.

Reaction Score
After we beat Georgetown and win the Big East tournament I am thinking 4 seed. They will have to consider our record with Bouk. What 1 seed goes down in the round of 16? I say Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I think we need to beat Gtown and win the first round BE game to get the 7 seed.

If there was no BE tournament beating Gtown would be enough for a 7 seed. But losing in the first round of BE could be considered a bad loss. A bad loss may hurt us more than a win in the first round helps us.

In short, a win in the first round of the BE does nothing. A loss could hurt us a lot.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
What I think vs what will happen are probably different.

If Seton Hall is considered the "first team out" after that loss, we aren't anywhere near them (potential 12 seed). I've been watching a lot of CBB the past month and we are absolutely a top 25 team with a 13-6 record in 3rd place in the BE. We should be a 6 seed at this moment, and if we take care of Georgetown only moving up.

The "experts" (idiots with a platform to spew their nonsense) have us as an 8-10 seed still. They are so wrong.

Reaction Score
Conglomeration of seeding projections and % chances for advancement. Over a 50% chance of being a 5, 6, or 7. Lunardi must still think UConn is in the AAC. His projection is way off.

Reaction Score
Conglomeration of seeding projections and % chances for advancement. Over a 50% chance of being a 5, 6, or 7. Lunardi must still think UConn is in the AAC. His projection is way off.

Another way of looking at it is that Uconn has an 80% chance to be a 8th seed or higher

Reaction Score

6 seed according to this
This is the kind of stuff I like to see, seed predictions using models that compute through the end of conference tourneys. To me, it's kinda worthless that all these bracketologists seed everyone as if the season were to end today. I think we can get a 6-7 with the way these boys are playing. 6 would be truly amazing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the board is underrating the Huskies. They're a really good team. They are going to win the next 2 as a minimum. If the outside shot is falling they can win the BET. That D isn't going anywhere.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
this squad at its best can beat anyone in the field, period. Now, whether they play their best each time out is another issue but with Cole coming on the way he is, Bouk back, Sanogo looking strong up front with Whaley, Jackson & Martin being solid and a solid cast behind them we could be a nightmare for the opposition whomever that might be. I just wish we could have an extra week or two of games at full strength. They haven't been this healthy collectively in years.
Very exciting March through March

Reaction Score

6 seed according to this
It actually has us as a 6 seed on the 'S' curve just by beating G'town with a 14-6 record. It says we have a 14% chance to win the automatic bid and that we have a 14% chance to be a 4 seed, ie we would be expected to be a 4 seed if we win out. Hadn't seen this site before. Thanks @huskyfan224

Reaction Score
It actually has us as a 6 seed on the 'S' curve just by beating G'town with a 14-6 record. It says we have a 14% chance to win the automatic bid and that we have a 14% chance to be a 4 seed, ie we would be expected to be a 4 seed if we win out. Hadn't seen this site before. Thanks @huskyfan224
No problem!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom