NCAA Intention: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NCAA Intention:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NCAA may reverse its decision on UConn playing post season in 2013 but not until AO is gone, Lamb and Drummond are gone and it has seriously damaged our recruiting. This is personal between NCAA and UConn, whether its being lead by Emmert, Hathaway or whomever. The damage has been done. They have tarnished our reputation and they have seriously damaged our chances of success. Even with Blumenthal involved this seems like something that was done with serious negative intent that can never be undone and can not be challenged.

Uconn tarnished its own reputation, do not be mistaken. I am a huge uconn fan ,but 90% of our problems are no one to blame but the programs.I try to be positive, but this is how I feel..(apr, miles, laptops, cell phone redial issues etc).

Reaction Score
The answer to where the points are comming from is simple:
Enosh Wolfe
Mark it down. He's going have a monster year. Probably our best year from an unheralded big man since Mandeldove.

Damn you beat me to the punch. I was going to say that Enosh Wolf was going to score 20 points a game. :D

Reaction Score
The answer to where the points are comming from is simple:
Enosh Wolfe
Mark it down. He's going have a monster year. Probably our best year from an unheralded big man since Mandeldove.

2012-13 is going the be the year of the GERMANS

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
2012-13 is going the be the year of the GERMANS
I see it as potentially another toga party where once again the dean's wife makes an appearance.

Reaction Score
I expect Napier and Boatright to both average around 15 each, so we're halfway to 60 already.

Reaction Score
There isn't a 17 year old basketball player who cares at all about any of this.

We will be experienced and good this year. When the basketball facility starts to rise, the program will be going deep in the NCAA as usual.

Reaction Score
That is a total of 56 ppg, if we average 56ppg, we will be a .500 basketball. We averaged 69 this year, heck SFLA averaged 60 a game.

USF didn't have that great of a schedule and we are in a transition period. We don't have any first team all-americans in the roster. There will be drop in scoring. Granted it might not be as bad as a 13 point drop, but I expect a drop nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I hope we will average more than 56 ppg? And if Omar only scores 4 ppg we're screwed.
Obviously I hope Omar averages more. I looked back at what was expected of Daniels but then again we had Bazz, Lamb, and AD. Between transition to the college level and the emergence of the juniors, I'm not sure how much minutes he'll get to play - maybe 10-15 mins a game. Hopefully he'll be Boat with height. I would gladly have my projections be on the low side. :)

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
If Olander and Scoe are our primary frontcourt players, there's no way we win more than 5 BE games next year. This isn't the ACC we're talking about here...

Next year's lineup could set us back a lot as a program, so AD would be extremely selfless (potentially heroic) if he comes back.

Reaction Score
There is little doubt that, without AD, next year's team will have substantially less "talent" than this year's team. that having been said, this year's team was so horrific running a halfcourt offense, and so amazingly underachieved, that it would not shock me if we finished with about the same record by virtue of less talent playing much better together.

Remember, we are not playing other great UConn teams. We will play an 18 game Big East schedule, and the real comparison is how we stack up against them.

Reaction Score
FWIW, most of the team will be 1 year more experienced. As negative as some frequently choose to be, potential for a bit more maturity, physical strength, and an "us against the world" (or at least the NCAA and Big East conference leadership) may have some favorable impact.

With Lamb and possibly Drummond opting for the NBA, 1-2 additional spots will open for late additions. No guarantees, but it beats dwelling on all some prefer to whine on about endlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom