NC State Pregame Pressers | The Boneyard

NC State Pregame Pressers

Reaction Score
Really hoping Caroline can get in some good minutes in this game. She has got to be chumping at the bit. She is going to be an important piece of a really great roster this season = so the sooner the better for her to be a part of the mix. I think playing against NC State, she will have opportunities to showcase some of her unique skills which will be great for both her and the team. We have a really broad spectrum of skillsets among our guards this year which I believe will be very complimentary. They will be a hard group for anybody to play against on both ends of the court.

Reaction Score
I love the way Geno talks about other teams -- always very generous and kind, and yet completely professional.

On NC St (and IU and Stanford and SC): "We easily could have lost all four of those games." That's such a wonderful honesty.

On Creighton's FF run: "That must have been an incredible ride for those kids."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Too bad Caroline didn’t get the chance to say much. Someone else kept answering all the questions!
Caroline is happy to stay in the background during pressers.

Reaction Score
Hard to tell here, eebmg. Last year perhaps, but she's had plenty of experience with interviews since and she's no longer starting her answers with 'um' each time. It did seem there were a few times here when she was poised to respond and Nika cut in. I'd like to have heard more of Caroline's thoughts.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Hard to tell here, eebmg. Last year perhaps, but she's had plenty of experience with interviews since and she's no longer starting her answers with 'um' each time. It did seem there were a few times here when she was poised to respond and Nika cut in. I'd like to have heard more of Caroline's thoughts.
What I noticed is that Caroline was visibly uncomfortable talking about herself -- her injury, her status, how she felt, whether she was 100%, etc. But she instantly eased up as soon as she was asked to talk about someone else, like Lou or Nika. I think Nika piped in to some of the questions for Caroline because she sensed Caroline's discomfort.

I think that is just Caroline's personality -- she is allergic to self-evaluation or even to self-focus. She totally wants to be part of the team, and have her own positive and negative contributions subsumed in the fortunes of the team. Even after she scored the game-winning basket against DePaul last year, she really didn't want to talk about her own role. Doing so genuinely amps up her anxiety level.

sun

Reaction Score
I think the only thing that makes Carol uncomfortable about the questions is not having played much yet this year.
She's always been matter of fact, direct & to the point when answering questions.
She doesn't look nervous to me, rather just letting Nika talk on uninterrupted & listening to her.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The coaching staff would not allow her to do a presser if she was physically unable. Her condition was made clear by Geno. She can do everything in practice. Just the minutes are limited and will be increased methodically as her stamina increases

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom