NC State Attendance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NC State Attendance

What will attendance look like game 1 vs NC State at the Rent?

• Under 20K

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • 21-25K

Votes: 88 28.8%
  • 26-30K

Votes: 102 33.3%
  • 30K+

Votes: 97 31.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I'm going with 25K but nice weather could drive additional walk-up business. A lot of potential ticket buyers are likely still in show me mode, which is understandable considering the state of the program for the last decade. A win of any kind, but a win in an entertaining fashion would be so huge to get momentum going on the field and in the stands.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
not looking great in my friend circle, interest-wise. my friends are spread throughout fairfield county, to new haven. The distance just doesn't justify yet, for them.

gosh we gotta get into a power conference.
no offense to you, but how many wins do we need for your friends to make the 40 minute drive to east hartford?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the students will be back by the time Thursday rolls around?

Reaction Score
Driving up from Raleigh on Wednesday and Thursday. Have an adult son who started classes at NC State on Monday. He’s finishing up a degree that’s to many years in the making, and he’s flying in Thursday afternoon. I also have plans to be in Houston for Rice, and Harrisonburg to see JMU. The only hope of a P4/5 invite is filling the Rent win or lose. No excuses!

Reaction Score
no offense to you, but how many wins do we need for your friends to make the 40 minute drive to east hartford?
Eh...little more than that, I'm in Norwalk and it's 1:15 with no traffic to the Rent

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Get 25-28k that’s pretty good, get a win and numbers will grow, might even see a sellout by seasons end

Reaction Score
Driving up from Raleigh on Wednesday and Thursday. Have an adult son who started classes at NC State on Monday. He’s finishing up a degree that’s to many years in the making, and he’s flying in Thursday afternoon. I also have plans to be in Houston for Rice, and Harrisonburg to see JMU. The only hope of a P4/5 invite is filling the Rent win or lose. No excuses!
You'll have a great game day experience at JMU.

Reaction Score
Agree…good friends will drive an hour to see each other…add in a tailgate with friends and and team that is much improved and playing a quality team…..that would be a pretty easy sell if they were good buddies of mine

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Opening weekend (on Labor Day Weekend) is a tough sell with the current state of the program and being on a Thursday makes it more difficult. I truly believe that until we are back at consistent attendance levels similar to what we did 2007-2012 it would be better for the program to start the season on the road.

Reaction Score
It is a long road back to build attendance back up to where it was in the current environment where more and more people are interested in being on line rather than sharing a public experience. No matter how many threads are started about this, we are not going to go from where we were to where everyone wants it to be in 10 minutes.
Not sure what this long road is….the excitement and buzz are back….we have a quality coach who has turned programs around quickly and showed what he can do with an injured team last year….it’s like buying a stock…you buy on its way up…you don’t buy it after it has already recovered

Reaction Score
Someone gave you some really bad info. On the UConn site you can buy tickets and there are far more than that available. Looks like 200+ in just these two sections and there are plenty more sections with availability just like it.

View attachment 90907
He said it was <2% left two days ago in lower sections. I misunderstood and thought he meant of the full capacity.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I bought seasons tix and live in Long Island. Hope I don’t regret it (due to the drive).
Those of us who have season tickets for decades won't pity you one bit. If you're only in it for winning, then you haven't been a Boneyard idiot long enough.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I’m just gonna get tickets at the game I’ll take my chances. I looked online it said I needed a smart phone which I don’t have, on another site I see it’s around $35 in the 277 section I believe not including extra charges. I always just get cheapest available im fine just standing and walking around the rent.
just out of curiosity- any reason you wouldn’t just buy the $53 season ticket rather than an individual game for $35? If you attend 2 games this year you make the extra $18 up and then some.

Reaction Score
What sections do the students sit in??
Usually in the south end zone. Having said that students would be welcomed any where any time. We need them back!
aside from the logistical problems of a weeknight game, if people don't have an interest in attending a game vs. NC State, a power conference schedule won't change anything.
I beg to differ on that point. Power conference games draw fans any day any time. That and a much bigger pay check.
That and nothing better than kicking of a perceived big boy. ;)

Reaction Score
aside from the logistical problems of a weeknight game, if people don't have an interest in attending a game vs. NC State, a power conference schedule won't change anything.
This

NC State is a Power Conf team.
NC State is in the conference many people feel is a good fit.
Unfortunately our promise to power conferences for football is “Well if we get in, and if we are good, maybe people will come back but otherwise our fan base is pretty apathetic.”

Reaction Score
just out of curiosity- any reason you wouldn’t just buy the $53 season ticket rather than an individual game for $35? If you attend 2 games this year you make the extra $18 up and then some.
I didn’t know about this which website is this on. I have always been a buy tickets the day of game guy unless I’m with a large group of people, as I tend to pretty much play everything by ear.

Reaction Score
I beg to differ on that point. Power conference games draw fans any day any time. That and a much bigger pay check.
That and nothing better than kicking of a perceived big boy. ;)

The original post that I replied to is contradictory to the "power conference games draw fans any day any time" statement that you make. Just the reality of where we are as a fanbase and program at this point in time.

Reaction Score
I’ll be real disappointed if they don’t get at least 30.
I'd love to see 30k+, but it's also Labor Day weekend and the football team still needs to drum up more interest by winning. I think 25k is going to be about right, with a full student section. Last year they were the best student section I've seen in many years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom