OT: - NBE on top | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: NBE on top

Reaction Score
I think that's an important point. Add that to the fact that a lot of these Big East schools are significantly smaller than state schools, and the general density of your popularity is probably greater than it would be even at UConn. It's been one of the appeals to Duke for decades and I think it also plays a role in how successfully schools like BU are at recruiting in hockey.
BU is successful at recruiting in hockey because they've always been one of the best programs in hockey. They've been good since the 50's, they're in Boston, and they're in the best hockey conference in the country.

Also, BU has as many students as Uconn.

Reaction Score
BU is successful at recruiting in hockey because they've always been one of the best programs in hockey. They've been good since the 50's, they're in Boston, and they're in the best hockey conference in the country.

Also, BU has as many students as Uconn.

No kidding it's a good program, but so is BC and they both pull in their fair share. My point is there is more than one way to skin a cat, some kids may prefer schools where they can be the main attraction. Personally, I think it would kind of suck to be a BC hockey player last weekend with a big home game against Northeastern that gets completely overshadowed, understandably, by BC's upset of Duke. Instead you come out flat in front of a small crowd and lose 5-2.

Reaction Score
No kidding it's a good program, but so is BC and they both pull in their fair share. My point is there is more than one way to skin a cat, some kids may prefer schools where they can be the main attraction. Personally, I think it would kind of suck to be a BC hockey player last weekend with a big home game against Northeastern that gets completely overshadowed, understandably, by BC's upset of Duke. Instead you come out flat in front of a small crowd and lose 5-2.
Guess I just don't understand your point considering BU's student body is the same size as UConn's.

They are in arguably the best area for hockey in the country and in the best conference in the country. It would be shocking if they didn't get great recruits.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Guess I just don't understand your point considering BU's student body is the same size as UConn's.

They are in arguably the best area for hockey in the country and in the best conference in the country. It would be shocking if they didn't get great recruits.
Boston is a great hockey City for the northeast but it's not the best hockey area in the country. Minnesota ( go gophers) and Michigan are way more invested

Reaction Score
I think Witchita State and UC would give both a game
Cincy has list two major games. One to hometown rival that was not in reach and then to a falling Florida team. So scratch this statement. WS had a small victiry against a depleted Baylor team and lost to a Notre Dame team that had two dimb losses.

Reaction Score
Cincy has list two major games. One to hometown rival that was not in reach and then to a falling Florida team. So scratch this statement. WS had a small victiry against a depleted Baylor team and lost to a Notre Dame team that had two dimb losses.

Nah, I think Witchita State would be, by far, the toughest team Nova has played this season and I still think UC has more talent than the Hall.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Nah, I think Witchita State would be, by far, the toughest team Nova has played this season and I still think UC has more talent than the Hall.
Nova would probably beat WSU by 10. The latter is a good team but they struggled with a potential 8-seed in the tourney in Okie State. Granted, Nova has had its problems with 8 seeds in the tournament, but I don't think they would have struggled offensively the way Wichita State did.

Reaction Score
Nova would probably beat WSU by 10. The latter is a good team but they struggled with a potential 8-seed in the tourney in Okie State. Granted, Nova has had its problems with 8 seeds in the tournament, but I don't think they would have struggled offensively the way Wichita State did.

Nova? Lol.

You realize that Wichita was #4 in the country without their best player?

Wichita State is probably undefeated right now with their leading scorer and rebounder, Markis McDuffie, on the court.

It's not going to be long before that team is whole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom