OT: - NBE on top | The Boneyard

OT: NBE on top

Reaction Score
Villanova is the new number one and Seton Friggin Hall moves up to 15. It just hurts
Why denigrate Seton Hall? Most realized they had a senior packed roster ready to do some damage this year. Plus a lights out Sophomore sniper in Myles Powell.

They will probably get a 3 or 4 seed. BE also has Providence which is in free fall right now. Providence could turn out to be one of the nations biggest under achievers from a personnel perspective. It looks like another year for the Friars hanging on the bubble...except this year it may pop and then they lose three senior starters (and then rinse and repeat for three more years w/Cooley). One of the other teams that could challenge PC for biggest disappointment is US if we do not make the National Invitation Tournament and win a couple games (see TCU last year). I am grounded in reality with reasonable expectations for our "situation".

Reaction Score
I think Witchita State and UC would give both a game

I agree but being #1 brings buzz to Nova and the conference that AAC and yes, UConn just doesn't have.

Reaction Score
I think Witchita State and UC would give both a game
The two times Cincinnati played a non cupcake team this year they lost, one of them was an absolute stomping to a Big East team.

Reaction Score
The two times Cincinnati played a non cupcake team this year they lost, one of them was an absolute stomping to a Big East team.

Hey I mean, I think Xavier and Florida would/will give Nova and Seton Hall a game too

Reaction Score
Why denigrate Seton Hall? Most realized they had a senior packed roster ready to do some damage this year. Plus a lights out Sophomore sniper in Myles Powell.

They will probably get a 3 or 4 seed. BE also has Providence which is in free fall right now. Providence could turn out to be one of the nations biggest under achievers from a personnel perspective. It looks like another year for the Friars hanging on the bubble...except this year it may pop and then they lose three senior starters (and then rinse and repeat for three more years w/Cooley). One of the other teams that could challenge PC for biggest disappointment is US if we do not make the National Invitation Tournament and win a couple games (see TCU last year). I am grounded in reality with reasonable expectations for our "situation".

Myles powell will be a 20+ point scorer by the team hes a senior. Kid is nasty, but doesnt have the handles or athleticism to move on to the nba.

We got in late recruiting him. Maybe a bit redundant with votal but i wish we had him

Reaction Score

PC struggled against UMass, although we are missing some key players due to injuries. Some alumni are openly questioning Cooley 's in game management.

Reaction Score
So when Wichita gets up to #1 at s;;ome point this season does that mean the AAC will have that buzz?

If an AAC team reaches number one at any time this year I will donate the remainder of my tickets to a charity of your choice.

Reaction Score
Wich St will probably win out and because they are in the American, will never be #1 on the polls.

Reaction Score
It's early to take it too seriously, but it's always good to be #1.

Reaction Score
Mid major = no regular season number 1. See @Uconn 2014. Only way is to win it all.

Reaction Score
I always have remind myself that Nova is not in the ACC. In my mind they seem to lump in with Cuse, Pitt and Louisville as part of the top half of the OBE.

Reaction Score
I always have remind myself that Nova is not in the ACC. In my mind they seem to lump in with Cuse, Pitt and Louisville as part of the top half of the OBE.
I think most Novans actually prefer the nBE to the ACC. There is no sense of waiting for or wanting a future ACC invite.

Reaction Score
@Ewekon might have been drinking with that last post. Anyway, I happened to notice the other day that the official Villanova MBB account on twitter has more than twice as many followers as ours. It struck me as odd, because while I would have expected that sort of disparity in comparison to Kentucky or Duke, I figured that as programs we were on fairly equal footing. Obviously they've been a lot better lately, but 2014 wasn't that long ago, UConn is a much bigger school, and the program at large is still more decorated. It'll be tough to convince me that this isn't part of a larger image/marketing problem that long preceded the current drought. Freaking Memphis has more followers than us.

Reaction Score
Betting that WSU doesn't make it to #1 is just betting that they aren't the last of the top 3 to lose before a poll. That's all it will take - the polls are not sophisticated analyses of performance, talent and potential to win it all.

I'm only interested enough to make that statement - I'm not interested enough to look at the three schedules.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom