NBA Travelling | The Boneyard

NBA Travelling

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
They don't call ball carries at all either in the NCAA (although I actually did see one this year OMG), I mean if your hand is all the way under the ball... I'll assume NBA is just as bad.

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this for a couple of years now. The NBA is worse but they don’t call it in college either. I watched Newton take at least 3 steps twice on Saturday without a call. The Gtown kid did it too. Clingan does it all the time. They really should just change the rule to allow up to 4 steps. Of course then guys would take 5 and they wouldn’t call that. Problem started when they allowed the “Eurostep”. That loosened the rule. Now they just don’t call anything. You almost have to ride a motorcycle down the court for a call!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd argue the game is more entertaining with less traveling calls. The only one I hate is Hardens 4 step stepback, for the life of me I'll never understand how that isn't blatant traveling.

Reaction Score
Problem started when they allowed the “Eurostep”. That loosened the rule.

The Euro-step isn't loosening any rule. It's by the book completely. This take is silly. The issue is referees not calling obvious travels--especially on the stars.

Reaction Score
It has to do more with bad officiating especially when the referee is in position to make the call. You count your steps after the gather and establish the pivot. I respect more FIBA and NCAA officials as they’re less bias.

Reaction Score
The Euro-step isn't loosening any rule. It's by the book completely. This take is silly. The issue is referees not calling obvious travels--especially on the stars.
They changed the rule to accommodate it in 2009. Now it is within the rules. The NBA allowed 2 steps after, that’s key, receiving the ball. Pre 2009 that wasn’t the rule.

Reaction Score
The Harden step back 3 is a travel, idc that they changed the rule to a “gather step.” Everyone does it now and nobody back in the day did this, the rule changes have made the product bad.

Games now are open gyms with All-Star game scores

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've seen Giannis pick up his dribble above the foul line, take two steps and slam into three defenders, stumble backwards with possession of the ball, regain his balance, take two steps to shoot a layup and get a plus one

8-10:steps after his last dribble

It's not basketball

And I'm not dissing Giannis, I think he's incredible

Reaction Score
I don't think I've watched an NBA game in a decade. It's just a different game the way it's called now.

Reaction Score
It was funny watching the FIBA World Cup last year, every game started with a handful of travels on the US.

Reaction Score
splat rugrats GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this for a couple of years now.
Have you caught everybody not listening to you again?
When will we learn?
The NBA is worse but they don’t call it in college either. I watched Newton take at least 3 steps twice on Saturday without a call. The Gtown kid did it too. Clingan does it all the time. They really should just change the rule to allow up to 4 steps. Of course then guys would take 5 and they wouldn’t call that. Problem started when they allowed the “Eurostep”. That loosened the rule. Now they just don’t call anything. You almost have to ride a motorcycle down the court for a call!
Great metaphor!
Basically you've been passing wind right under our noses for years and we've been too blind to hear it.

Have you asked to see the manager?
It's time again for you to transition.
#freekaren

Reaction Score
NBA is a joke what a BS call on Brunson last night.

This is people don’t like the NBA this is why conspiracy theories happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom