NBA Summer League | Page 16 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Reaction Score
This is going to sound nuts, and he’s not in the same stratosphere, but Tyrese’s game looks like Lebron’s. Similar style.
He goes left a lot like LeBron, but that’s kinda all I see similarly

Reaction Score
Tyrese ended up with 25 and 9 on 60% shooting.

Better yet, with game on the line in a nail biter, he absolutely took over. It was an impressive performance.

Reaction Score
This was the snippet from rotoworld:

Tyrese Martin shot 9-of-15 from the field and 5-of-7 from the foul line in Wednesday’s 99-93 win over the Timberwolves, scoring 25 points with nine rebounds, three assists, and two 3-pointers in 23 minutes.

After appearing in only 16 games as a rookie, Martin’s looking to earn a longer look from the Hawks in 2023-24. The former UConn standout was outstanding on Wednesday, putting up a game-high point total while also being a factor in the rebound and assist categories. Expecting quality fantasy production from Martin would be too much right now, but he should figure more prominently in the competition for minutes on the wing when training camp begins.

caw

Reaction Score
Martin should get another contract somewhere even if Atlanta doesn't guarantee him. He does everything well. His only downside is his first step.

Shoutout to Brendan Adams who got a few minutes for the Timberwolves summer league team. Didn't do much but he deserves the note as he also graduated from UConn.

Reaction Score
Martin should get another contract somewhere even if Atlanta doesn't guarantee him. He does everything well. His only downside is his first step.

Shoutout to Brendan Adams who got a few minutes for the Timberwolves summer league team. Didn't do much but he deserves the note as he also graduated from UConn.
I think he did score 8 points the other night.

He’ll play somewhere professionally, which is more than I expected a few years ago. Kid is going to get every ounce of talent out of himself. It’s really inspiring

Reaction Score

I did not see that coming. Thanks for highlighting B Adams.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is going to sound nuts, and he’s not in the same stratosphere, but Tyrese’s game looks like Lebron’s. Similar style.

Nah I actually understand what you mean, and I don't disagree. His game is a comp, just clearly not that level.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Brutal game for Hawk tonight. For the three games he was 14-42 fg, 5-22 threes, 13 turnovers. He did some other things but his role will be shooting, he needs to start making them. They're not going to let him put the ball on the floor much at all, he just doesn't have NBA level ball handling yet. Hopefully it comes with time but he's a major work in progress there.
Agreed. We should not be surprised. He's young experience wise leaving after his soph. year and was just coming into his own. He's maturing (and getting paid) under a much tougher level of competition now so making adjustments on the fly to a new life now. Kid's got character though and with the right support he'll be fine.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Wow, how did I miss that he was playing today..amazing performance. I really hope he gets that final roster spot. He was a star for their G League team last year and has been great in the summer league minus one game

Strong, athletic wing who can play multiple positions and shoot reasonably well. Has the perfect build and playstyle for an NBA role player and has a short but proven track record of working his way to performance. From off the radar to G League camp to NBA combine to NBA draft to G League star all in about 1 year. No reason to doubt his ability and work ethic
Repeatedly going to the left hand on the drive when presented with the opportunity. Getting better and better. Tough, tough young man.

Reaction Score
I just watched the replay of Tyrese. I loved the aggression of going to the basket and not settling for the 3. We saw glimpses of this at UCONN but he seem to defer to others to be that guy to penetrate and score. He has the handle and strength to score off the dribble and he needs to keep on doing it. His outside shot looks good too when set. He has great length on that shot. Some way past the 3 pt line. I loved when he went up with right hand and when in air switched to left hand for a layup. Great athletic ability there. He deserves to be on someone's roster and hopefully the Hawks so I can see him play in person. LOL!

Reaction Score

It isn't a bad first step but more controlled. He makes up for it with great dribbling ability and strength. Too bad he didn't teach Hawkins on how to dribble. LOL!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Looks like they brought in some BE stripes to make Adama feel at home!! First foul on the tipoff:(

Reaction Score
Tyrese hasn’t played the whole second half… I think they shut him down after the half in one of their previous games? Hope it wasn’t an injury.

Reaction Score
Tyrese hasn’t played the whole second half… I think they shut him down after the half in one of their previous games? Hope it wasn’t an injury.
Hope so too, this is about the time they start shutting guys down. None of their starters played more than 22 min. Tyrese played 15.

Reaction Score
Timme with the runout closely defended has Dre trailing right behind for an easy showtime dunk. Big oaf forces it to the hole, gets bailed out by a foul, bricks both FTs.

Such a chump

Reaction Score
Unfortunately couldn't watch any of the boys play so far today, but REALLY excited to tune into Bouknight vs. Hawkins

Reaction Score
12-0 Pelicans after 4 minutes. Charlotte is horrible

So far Hawkins with 1 point on a free throw. Probably got fouled on a 3 but no call so he's 0-1
Bouknight also 0-1 but it was on a hail mary 3 when somebody passed him the ball with under 1 second left on the shot clock

Dyson Daniels and EJ Liddell are looking like a pretty solid combo

caw

Reaction Score
12-0 Pelicans after 4 minutes. Charlotte is horrible

So far Hawkins with 1 point on a free throw. Probably got fouled on a 3 but no call so he's 0-1
Bouknight also 0-1 but it was on a hail mary 3 when somebody passed him the ball with under 1 second left on the shot clock

Dyson Daniels and EJ Liddell are looking like a pretty solid combo

Bouknight has ended up with a few bailout shot attempts this summer league. They do a great job of finding him with less than a second left on the shot clock. Not saying that's why he has played poorly but it hasn't helped. Just a horrid team overall. EDIT: Worst thing for Bouknight, Hawkins makes him look small.

Hornets, three shotclock violations this game two goaltends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom