NBA playoffs | Page 15 | The Boneyard

NBA playoffs

Reaction Score
I thought the Timberwolves would win the series but I figured it would probably be a great series, this is a mauling.

Reaction Score
Timberwolves play suffocating Defense making Joker awful. He can't do any of his moves and is getting blocked or turnover the ball constantly. Murray has to be hurt and nobody came to play except for Gordon.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Wolves built almost exactly like the Kobe teams that won without Shaq.

Reaction Score

Minnesota's defense has been airtight on Denver's offense. You know what this particular defensive stop reminded me of? UConn's vice grip chokehold defense on Creighton at Gampel where the forced like three shot clock violations in them.

Reaction Score
Mitchell Robinson out for the rest of the playoffs. This sucks, they can barely field a team at this point.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Tatum being super cold,

“I know what I’ll do to shake out of it. Take ANOTHER contested step back 3.”

Celtics are so good it doesn’t matter though.

Reaction Score
Mitchell Robinson out for the rest of the playoffs. This sucks, they can barely field a team at this point.
What the hell I thought he was just out for game 2. Rosters do need to be expanded and you should be able to add guys to the roster during the playoffs if guys get hurt, like you can for other sports.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Tatum being super cold,

“I know what I’ll do to shake out of it. Take ANOTHER contested step back 3.”

Celtics are so good it doesn’t matter though.

For a superstar, he sure is crappy in A LOT of playoff games. Fortunately for him, and Celtics fans, the team is loaded.

Apart from the fact that the Celtics have some superstars, they remind me a lot of UConn -- great on both ends of the floor, Hydra-like offensively, and deep.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For a superstar, he sure is crappy in A LOT of playoff games. Fortunately for him, and Celtics fans, the team is loaded.

Apart from the fact that the Celtics have some superstars, they remind me a lot of UConn -- great on both ends of the floor, Hydra-like offensively, and deep.
When they lost in his younger days, it was because he tried to do too much. Same with Brown. He's had a double double in 5 of 6 games. Double figure rebounds in all but one game. Had a triple double in game 1 vs Miami. He leads the team in assists and rebounds in the playoffs. He's missing shots but also not forcing too much.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
When they lost in his younger days, it was because he tried to do too much. Same with Brown. He's had a double double in 5 of 6 games. Double figure rebounds in all but one game. Had a triple double in game 1 vs Miami. He leads the team in assists and rebounds in the playoffs. He's missing shots but also not forcing too much.

All true BUT no team since Detroit has won without a bona fide alpha. We've seen in the recent past, and even this season, where the Celtics tighten up and cough up big leads and can't put teams away because everybody's playing hot potato until there's no time on the shot clock. There are going to be games that come down to the wire and Tatum's going to end up in iso situations. Will he deliver?

Reaction Score
All true BUT no team since Detroit has won without a bona fide alpha. We've seen in the recent past, and even this season, where the Celtics tighten up and cough up big leads and can't put teams away because everybody's playing hot potato until there's no time on the shot clock. There are going to be games that come down to the wire and Tatum's going to end up in iso situations. Will he deliver?
Do you really want Tatum being the alpha and expected to deliver in the 4th quarter? We've seen how that goes.

Celtics may have a better chance this season because he's not expected to do those things now.

Reaction Score
What the hell I thought he was just out for game 2. Rosters do need to be expanded and you should be able to add guys to the roster during the playoffs if guys get hurt, like you can for other sports.
Achiuwa is not bad and has done a lot better with the Knicks than for the Raptors.

Some double doubles and quite a serviceable replacement.

Reaction Score
Achiuwa is not bad and has done a lot better with the Knicks than for the Raptors.

Some double doubles and quite a serviceable replacement.
Achiuwa is 6'8. The Knicks are tiny and are now only 7 deep. Injuries have destroyed them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom