NBA All Rookie Team | The Boneyard

NBA All Rookie Team

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think Hawk got a bit of a screw job. I know his D might not be there. He wasn’t strong enough. But I don’t think he got a chance on a really crappy team. I know everyone moans about Charlotte but NO is just as bad

caw

Reaction Score
I think Hawk got a bit of a screw job. I know his D might not be there. He wasn’t strong enough. But I don’t think he got a chance on a really crappy team. I know everyone moans about Charlotte but NO is just as bad

Hawk was good enough to play in the NBA, as was Jackson.

The problem Hawk had was NO is just silly deep everywhere but center. Now Hawk might be better than some of the other players on NO but they were a team trying to make the playoffs and had very good veteran players on the team. Good, not great, but close enough right now to where a rookie Hawk is to make not playing Hawk understandable.

Jackson got screwed in his PT under Doc, though he likely wasn't close to making an All-Rookie team.

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
If you think he got screwed, who deserved to be left off?
He had a worse season than all 10 guys. Plenty of that is his coaches fault (and NO's other role players playing well for much of the year), but yeah. Nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
Pelicans drafted hawk because he was best available talent on the board. They are deep at his position. They did a disservice to him. If the Magic drafted Hawkins at 11 instead of Jett Howard he would be on an all Rookie team. The Magic desperately needed outside shooting this year.

Reaction Score
No way Hawkins got jobbed here. There's 0 argument for him over anybody that made either team, and then probably another 5 guys after that

If he got consistent minutes all year, then it's a different story. He was leading all rookies in 3PM for a good chunk of the season before he got benched. Has crazy potential especially if the Pelicans start a mini rebuild instead of sticking with this core that hasn't gotten them anywhere

But last season, he didn't get the opportunities to make an All Rookie team

Reaction Score
Um, no he didn't

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Derrick White spent his first season in the G-League and look at him now. Few rookies make a huge splash from the start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom