National Prep Showcase | The Boneyard

National Prep Showcase

Reaction Score
The schedule of our recruits

Friday 4:45pm - Bowen, Buzelis, Ducharme for Brewster... not vs Montverde's national team BTW. Lower level team.

Saturday 9am - Brewster again

Saturday 445 pm - Alex Karaban for IMG

Sunday 9am - IMG again

Sunday 12pm - Miranda for Springfield Commonwealth Academy. (won't be able to watch this one... really wanted to see his game)

Box scores should be available for all of them and I'll take notes when I can.

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
What happened to Bowen yesterday? Stats are sparse, was this due to foul trouble, lack of playing time, playing behind Buzelis?

Reaction Score
What happened to Bowen yesterday? Stats are sparse, was this due to foul trouble, lack of playing time, playing behind Buzelis?

He played 26 minutes. Just wasn't a good game. He's very offensively raw.

His defensive counting stats were better than listed on the box score.

Reaction Score
My notes from both games, stats from this one

Bowen:

• Great hustle and shotblocking. Super disruptive on defense--Hurley style in that regard.
  • Had a couple of really nice steals on a smaller guard. His defensive stance is great.
  • Still looks like an Akok clone with a better handle.
  • Offensive skillset limited for sure. Not a great passer, doesn’t know how to score at all. but his off ball cutting and movement looks cleaner than in AAU.
  • Wonky form on his shot. Probably why his %s are consistently not so good.
  • Takes some very bad mid-range shots. Needs to stick to 3s and layups.
  • Inbounds for his team… always love to see that.
  • Not a great passer when handling the ball or in general.
  • Not so great attacking the rim with the dribble… better in the open court. He does have rebound and attack in transition ability… something we haven’t seen from or 4s in a while.
  • Not as comfortable on the perimeter as you’d think for a 5*... quite raw. TO prone. Physical talents are obvious though.
  • Coach has him post up too much… not a realistic part of his game. Too skinny to get position.
  • Absurdly good defender… no one gets by this kid of any size. Great length for making perimeter shots tough.
  • One one sequence had a steal and a block on consecutive possessions with an assist in between. Ridiculous.
  • It gets tough to play him when his offense is so, so limited at this point, despite the great defense and intangibles.
4 PTS
8 REB
4 AST (1 foul assist)

2 TO
3 STL
1 BLK

1/4 2FG
0/1 3FG
2/4 FT

Reaction Score
Ducharme:

Ducharme
  • Very good shooter.
  • Athleticism not superb… looks awkward running--very stiff hips maybe
  • Positional defense is solid.
  • Probably 6’4… on the smaller side compared to the other wings we’re recruiting (griffiths, edwards, middleton)
  • Limited as a ballhandler for his height.
  • Not very good in the PnR, but he seems to have a good sense of the game otherwise.
  • Not in love with his defense… gets blown by a lot. He’s in the right spots in the help. 1v1 not so great.
  • Doesn’t do much but score… but he can really fill it up when he’s hot.
  • Gets blocked quite a bit
  • Has a lot of hustle in him. More than most HS recruits it seems. On both ends.

Ducharme
16 PTS
0 REB
2 AST

1 TO
1 STL
0 BLK

5/9 2 FG
2/6 3FG
0/0 FT

Reaction Score
As far as his recruitment, he listed Duke, UConn, Providence, Kansas and Arkansas among those recruiting him the hardest. He broke down several of them.

UConn: “Same exact thing as Providence, just come in and play. Obviously, I have my friends going there, Donovan [Clingan] and Alex [Karaban] but that won’t weigh on my decision just because I have friends there. I gotta focus on me and myself and what’s best for me. But I like the message and the love that they’re both showing, for sure.”

Never a good sign when UConn is compared to PC. ;)

Reaction Score
90F794D6-6D98-410B-8B82-C43C97F74933.jpeg
Glad to hear he expects to improve between now and 2031

Reaction Score
No Karaban it looks like. He has a wrist wrap on? But I think this may not be IMGs national team.

Reaction Score
I'll be watching the replay soon. Just fyi... this isn't the top IMG team. I think it's still mostly d1 players, but 3* types. Still great competition compared to the vast majority of top hs games.
I figured that. Miranda is oozing with potential.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
For those without access to the videos... here's what I can find for videos on him. Some are longer full games that he's in, others are short twitter clips. Pretty unknown of a prospect at this point.

Chancellor White and the Defenders over Rhode Island Elite
2023 Phelps School (PA) 6”11 Isaiah Miranda
Donovan Clingan vs Isaiah Miranda Full Game Team Spartans AAU vs RI Elite Highlights
https://twitter.com/i/status/1446995827680022537
https://twitter.com/i/status/1451280951238184962

Any insights regarding Buzelis? Are we out of the picture?
His stats sure make him appear to be the better choice versus Bowen.

Reaction Score
Any insights regarding Buzelis? Are we out of the picture?
His stats sure make him appear to be the better choice versus Bowen.
He's a top 10 if not top 5 recruit from the midwest, think that ship has sailed. I think we have a shot at a 5 star in 2023 but he seems pretty unlikely

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom