National love for Facey | The Boneyard

National love for Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting tidbit about Kenyon on Grantland. Also, the writer put Giffey in his Top 10 Most Improved list.

Hi--I kind of agree with this. Evene though it was Maine--I thought we found a guy who can pull down rebounds at a pretty good pace. For some reason--certain guys are just better rebounders. I know Amida might be flashier and Nolan a bit bigger with more experience--but I think Facey should be explored with more minutes--he might just be the best of the three.

Reaction Score
It might not happen this year but I believe KF will be a major contributed at UCONN. He has tremendous upside!

Reaction Score
I thought Boatwright and Oleander were bad, yeesh

Reaction Score
Can he play the 5 against high-major big men?

If not, are we willing to neuter our versatile perimeter attack and play two guys whose game is confined to the paint?

caw

Reaction Score
He needs to get more PT in general. He has tons of potential. Decent midrange shot, athletic an can rebound. Needs strength still and he looks like has only played a few years (which is the case). With Daniels around, he may not get a ton of run this yer but hope he can get some against weaker opponents.

Reaction Score
He's never going to be a 5, hybrid? Maybe with a bigger lineup against certain teams......it is tough to ignore his rebounds when given the opportunity though - he has a nose for the ball for sure!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
People who say we can't sacrifice rebounding at the 5 by putting Facey there... REALLY? Can it get worse? No one is rebounding at the 5. I'd rather have a high energy guy in there who is young and hungry with room for improvement.

He has a decent offensive game too.

Reaction Score
People who say we can't sacrifice rebounding at the 5 by putting Facey there... REALLY? Can it get worse? No one is rebounding at the 5. I'd rather have a high energy guy in there who is young and hungry with room for improvement.

He has a decent offensive game too.
He can move outside too. He's really a 4.

Reaction Score
He can move outside too. He's really a 4.

I think you're right. My only concern is whether Facey/Lubin and Brimah/Nolan will ever give us enough on offense to be able to afford having multiple of them on the floor at a time.

I've really grown to like the look of our team this year, with 4 guys who can plausibly shoot it from deep or attack off the dribble.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised no one has made the comparison of Roscoe with Facey. Similar size, Facey can put on more muscle than Roscoe, Roscoe is a little lengthier. It's all about a nose for the ball, some guys are just better rebounders than others. I can see Facey being the 3rd guy off the bench (Giffey/Calhoun, Brimah/Nolan, Facey), playing as BIG 3 on defense, 4, or a small 5 on a running lineup (Napier-Boat-Daniels-Giffey-Facey)

Reaction Score
As he naturally puts on a few pounds and bulks up through lifting, he will become an NBA quality 4.

Reaction Score
Hi--I kind of agree with this. Evene though it was Maine--I thought we found a guy who can pull down rebounds at a pretty good pace. For some reason--certain guys are just better rebounders. I know Amida might be flashier and Nolan a bit bigger with more experience--but I think Facey should be explored with more minutes--he might just be the best of the three.
I missed the last game, but watched a recording of it afterwards. I'm seriously doubting that I saw the same thing that some here saw in Facey.

First off, I'm rooting like crazy for the guy and hope he has a bright future ahead of him both at UConn and beyond, but I did not see anything in that game that made me believe he's that much better a rebounder than the other bigs we're throwing out there. Am I alone in this? I feel that some looked at the box score and said, "This rebounding savant needs to usurp some major minutes from Nolan, Brimah and Olander!"

I hope proves me wrong and begins to earn more minutes, but I think he's time will come next season. I agree he has a ton of upside, but his lack of size, strength and experience is going to work against him as far as holding his own on the glass against bigger, stronger and more experienced bigs they'll be facing as the season goes on.

caw

Reaction Score
I missed the last game, but watched a recording of it afterwards. I'm seriously doubting that I saw the same thing that some here saw in Facey.

First off, I'm rooting like crazy for the guy and hope he has a bright future ahead of him both at UConn and beyond, but I did not see anything in that game that made me believe he's that much better a rebounder than the other bigs we're throwing out there. Am I alone in this? I feel that some looked at the box score and said, "This rebounding savant needs to usurp some major minutes from Nolan, Brimah and Olander!"

I hope proves me wrong and begins to earn more minutes, but I think he's time will come next season. I agree he has a ton of upside, but his lack of size, strength and experience is going to work against him as far as holding his own on the glass against bigger, stronger and more experienced bigs they'll be facing as the season goes on.

I somewhat agree. His fundamentals aren't (much) better. He is quick and has good instincts. Most importantly, he went after the ball. He didn't wait for it, he went after it. That was enough against an overmatched Maine team, and is a good place to start but against better comp he will need better box out technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom