2021 Recruiting: - Nate Santos | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Nate Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Loomis live in 7 minutes. I wonder if staff will be there.

pj

Reaction Score
He wouldn’t be ready to contribute this year. Plus he had the benefit of watching Delaire reclassify and flop, so I don’t think he’ll even seriously consider that as a possibility.

Delaire is playing 16 minutes a game for Stanford in his sophomore year, after 13 a game as a freshman. Jaiden Delaire Stats, News, Bio | ESPN. What makes you think an extra year at Loomis would have helped him?

If you have NBA ambitions, the earlier you get college experience, the better.

Reaction Score
Delaire is playing 16 minutes a game for Stanford in his sophomore year, after 13 a game as a freshman. Jaiden Delaire Stats, News, Bio | ESPN. What makes you think an extra year at Loomis would have helped him?

If you have NBA ambitions, the earlier you get college experience, the better.
His numbers are ugly and have been both years. He might have his 4 years expire before he is even on the NBA radar. His freshman year was not worth using a year of eligibility IMO.

A big part of this in my eyes is confidence. You come out a year early and if you aren’t ready, your confidence goes out the window and it takes a while to come back. Delaire is now two years down with nothing to show for it. Hopefully the lightbulb turns on for him soon, but I think he needed another year of being a star player in HS and working on getting stronger before maki g the jump to college ball.

pj

Reaction Score
His numbers are ugly and have been both years. He might have his 4 years expire before he is even on the NBA radar. His freshman year was not worth using a year of eligibility IMO.

A big part of this in my eyes is confidence. You come out a year early and if you aren’t ready, your confidence goes out the window and it takes a while to come back. Delaire is now two years down with nothing to show for it. Hopefully the lightbulb turns on for him soon, but I think he needed another year of being a star player in HS and working on getting stronger before maki g the jump to college ball.

Confidence ... maybe. Or you're just delaying your departure from college and start of pro earnings by a year. Most kids end up in Europe or Asia earning $200k and losing $200k of lifetime earnings can be significant.

If somebody has NBA talent, he'll probably find his way playing up a level. He can get the extra year of confidence-building back in the G league if necessary.

Reaction Score
Did watch end of first half and entire second half of the live stream. Santos hit 2-3 nothing but net threes but then did miss several times, including an air ball. On a couple of occasions he proved he could get up high like Bouknight. I do like his shot, even a couple of the misses. On the downside, 1) I bet he is more like 6'4 or 6'5 but that's just speculation, 2) he plays for Loomis as if he doesn't want to break a sweat and have to take a shower after the game, 3) he very seldom does anything but spot up at the 3 pt line so it's tough to know what he can do handling the ball. I would be interested to know if he plays with more intensity in AAU, and whether there are games where he plays defense, or does more with the ball in his hands. In this game he did catch the ball behind the arc and fired a good pass to a scorer inside, and, he did block a shot or two at the rim in semi transition when he was already back. Rating intensity on a 1-10 scale low to high, he was a 2-3. Any time he could stand and watch, he did, (unfortunately that is also my take with JBFerguson). Hurley will have his hands full imposing intensity on every possession with these guys, the same as he's supposedly faced with Sid. I would also like to see him cutting and running off screens to get his open shots. He didn't have to work at all. I'd love to know what his actual 3 pt % is. If he is 45% and with his jumping ability, I'd push for him and try to coach him to give effort, play defense, etc. I have a feeling he would have a spotty freshman year before he put it together, but we would have a legitimate shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom