Name your top 10 Beatles songs in order | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Name your top 10 Beatles songs in order

Reaction Score
My response for today, and today only. I'll undoubtedly think about a couple dozen more songs that should have made my list.

1. Here Comes the Sun
2. In My Life
3. Let It Be
4. A Day in the Life
5. Revolution
6. Yesterday
7. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
8. Blackbird
9. Here, There and Everywhere
10. Get Back

My sincere apologies to the other 50 Beatles tunes that should have made this list.:)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My response for today, and today only. I'll undoubtedly think about a couple dozen more songs that should have made my list.

1. Here Comes the Sun
2. In My Life
3. Let It Be
4. A Day in the Life
5. Revolution
6. Yesterday
8. Blackbird
10. Get Back

My sincere apologies to the other 50 Beatles tunes that should have made this list.:)
For your enjoyment on YOUR #1:)

Reaction Score

1. Here Comes the Sun
2. In My Life
3. Let It Be
4. A Day in the Life
5. Revolution
6. Yesterday
8. Blackbird
10. Get Back

Damn, how did I forget "In My Life"!!!!!!! :(

Reaction Score
Yesterday
When I’m 64
Hey Jude
Don’t Let Me Down
Here Comes The Sun
Hard Days Night
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Elenor Rigby
I Saw Her Standing There
Let It Be

I got off to a slow start with the Beatles. “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds” and one or two other drug related songs bothered me. And I was a pretty big Elvis fan and a big Sinatra fan(still Am). But as I started listening to the songs listed above, the Beatles quickly grew on me to where they overtook Elvis and moved into second place behind Frank. I realize Frank never wrote any songs, but he massaged them well and sang them beautifully. “That’s life“ and ”My Way” speak to me more now at my age than any other songs.

Reaction Score
I liked many Beatles songs, but I never quite got the fawning adoration that so many have over them. For what it's worth, I like more of their mid 60's songs than their later stuff. Everyone has their own tastes, though. And that is a great thing about being human. We're all different.

Yes to each their own but for me the Beatles were so original (later on), so influential and so damn good that no other musical group comes close..............I was lucky enough to run into Paul McCartney sitting on the beach in the Hamptons a few summers ago and I was so in awe of him that all I could say was "thank you".................he gave me a knowing smile and said "you're very welcome"............

Reaction Score
1. A Day in the Life..by far
2. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
3 I Want To Hold Your Hand
4. Yesterday
5. We Can Work It Out
6. Michelle
7. When I'm 64
8.Please Please Me
9. P.S. I Love You
10. Come together

Reaction Score
The first Beatles appearance on Ed Sullivan was February 9, 1964. The first Supremes hit song was “Where did our love go” in April 1964 and the first Four Tops Song was “ Baby I need your loving” in the summer of 1964. In other words these two iconic Motown hits were after The Beatles came here which started their world wide popularity. Due to the Beatles craze, there was a pop music craze which gave groups like the Supremes , the Tops, the Temps and others great exposure and great popularity. You can make a solid argument that the Beatles revolutionized both pop music and pop culture and only made Motown more popular. Their music also effected American pop music in general.As an example, Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys, who was a musical genius, said that the Pet Sounds album, considered the second greatest album ever behind Sgt Peppers, was directly the result of listening to that album. When you hear old pop songs today that are still being played you hear Yesterday, Something, My Girl, Baby love etc.. Why is that? It’s because greatness stands the test of time. The Beatles didn’t kill Motown, they were simultaneous musical explosions the likes of which you will never see again.

Reaction Score
After my first 2 it is hard to put them in a specific order. I Want To Hold Your Hand because that was the song that started the whole thing. I know i have missed a lot of songs I could jam into the top ten and I would add A Hard Days Night, In My Life, Help, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun, Eleanor Rigby,Let It Be, Eight Days A Week. there are jst so many it is hard to categorize them.

Reaction Score
The first Beatles appearance on Ed Sullivan was February 9, 1964. The first Supremes hit song was “Where did our love go” in April 1964 and the first Four Tops Song was “ Baby I need your loving” in the summer of 1964. In other words these two iconic Motown hits were after The Beatles came here which started their world wide popularity. Due to the Beatles craze, there was a pop music craze which gave groups like the Supremes , the Tops, the Temps and others great exposure and great popularity. You can make a solid argument that the Beatles revolutionized both pop music and pop culture and only made Motown more popular. Their music also effected American pop music in general.As an example, Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys, who was a musical genius, said that the Pet Sounds album, considered the second greatest album ever behind Sgt Peppers, was directly the result of listening to that album. When you hear old pop songs today that are still being played you hear Yesterday, Something, My Girl, Baby love etc.. Why is that? It’s because greatness stands the test of time. The Beatles didn’t kill Motown, they were simultaneous musical explosions the likes of which you will never see again.

1. Let it be
2. Imagine
3. I want to hold your hand
4. Yesterday
5. Hey Jude
6. Yellow submarine
7. Revolution
8. Don't Let Me Down
9. Women
10. All You Need Is Love

Woman and Imagine were strictly John Lennon songs

Reaction Score
After my first 2 it is hard to put them in a specific order. I Want To Hold Your Hand because that was the song that started the whole thing. I know i have missed a lot of songs I could jam into the top ten and I would add A Hard Days Night, In My Life, Help, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun, Eleanor Rigby,Let It Be, Eight Days A Week. there are jst so many it is hard to categorize them.
I agree with you about A Day In The Life. It’s brilliant. I am a little surprised you left out Something and Hey Jude. By choice or an oversight?

Reaction Score
I agree with you about A Day In The Life. It’s brilliant. I am a little surprised you left out Something and Hey Jude. By choice or an oversight?

A most definite oversight, but like I said there are so many Beatles songs it is hard to pick which one you like the best. they were that good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom