Name your top 10 Beatles songs in order | The Boneyard

Name your top 10 Beatles songs in order

Reaction Score
The Beatles broke up 50 years ago. CL82 and I wanted to bring this thread to all BYers. So, name your top 10 Beatles songs in order. After all entries, I will let you know what songs are the top vote getters and who came closest to picking the top 10. And remember, the Walrus is Paul.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Can't do it, I'm not a music aficionado in that way. That said, we have the "complete" set, and maybe I'll start listening to it.

Have also seen the Beatles show (Cirque du Soleil) in Vegas. Great stuff.

The problem for me - and I suppose some others - was I was 13 when they broke up. And living at home with parents whose taste in music was Bing Crosby, selected "classical" stuff, Mitch Miller, Welk on the TV, maybe (when the time came) something by Manilow on Rambling With Gambling (if you are not from NY area, don't ask). I didn't hear the Beatles when they were doing their thing, although of course I heard them in the coming years. In fact, I should admit, I did hear "Hey Jude" on my father's radio one day and he thought it was awful, I rather liked it.

I think Sgt. Pepper is one of the catchiest tunes, Yellow Submarine one of the most difficult to get out of your head, and Yesterday the most personally meaningful.

Reaction Score
1. Let it be
2. Imagine
3. I want to hold your hand
4. Yesterday
5. Hey Jude
6. Yellow submarine
7. Revolution
8. Don't Let Me Down
9. Women
10. All You Need Is Love

Reaction Score
Difficult to only list 10 but here goes:
1 A day in the Life
2 Yesterday
3 In my Life
4 Norwegian Wood
5 Help
6 Hard Days Night
7 Nowhere Man
8 I Saw Her Standing There
9 While My Guitar Gently Weeps
10 Revolution
From "Rocks golden days"
(<1980) top 6 albums. (Only 1 per band)
Rubber Soul
Who's Next
Exile on Main Street
Dark Side of the Moon
Aja
Pet Sounds

Last edited:
Reaction Score
this might help...........way too difficult to pick a top ten but I'd say "We Can Work it Out" is probably my favorite Beatles song

Reaction Score
I couldn't limit it - had to put 20 down:
  1. I'm Only Sleeping
  2. This Boy
  3. The Night Before
  4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  5. You're Gonna Lose That Girl
  6. Things We Said Today
  7. She Loves You
  8. And Your Bird Can Sing
  9. Here Comes The Sun
  10. Dr Robert
  11. Gotta Get You Into My Life
  12. Across the Universe
  13. Tell Me Why
  14. Here, There, and Everywhere
  15. Dear Prudence
  16. Something
  17. I Feel Fine
  18. I Want You (She's so Heavy)
  19. Taxman
  20. In My Life

Reaction Score
I'm a huge fan. If you were to ask me for 10 Beatles songs I don't like, it would be an easier task, but I'm sure I couldn't come up with 10. As it turns out, I have 15 in my top 10 and still had to leave favorites out. The list tends to be guitar-centric . . .
  1. Strawberry Fields Forever
  2. Revolution
  3. Norwegian Wood
  4. A Hard Day's Night
  5. Sun King
  6. In My Life
  7. Rain
  8. And Your Bird Can Sing
  9. Paperback Writer
  10. I Feel Fine
Honorable Mention:
Because​
Nowhere Man​
Day Tripper​
Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds​
Ticket to Ride​

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The Beatles broke up 50 years ago. CL82 and I wanted to bring this thread to all BYers. So, name your top 10 Beatles songs in order. After all entries, I will let you know what songs are the top vote getters and who came closest to picking the top 10. And remember, the Walrus is Paul.
None, zero, nil, naught, zilch, keiner, aucun, nada, nikto, etc.
The bounders killed Motown!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
1. Let it be
2. Imagine
3. I want to hold your hand
4. Yesterday
5. Hey Jude
6. Yellow submarine
7. Revolution
8. Don't Let Me Down
9. Women
10. All You Need Is Love
Imagine was not a Beatles song, it was a John Lennon song that released in 1971 on his Album also titled Imagine.

Reaction Score
The Beatles were a big part of my high school and college years. This is a list of songs (in no particular order ) that could be counted on to put a smile on my face no matter what was going on in my life over the past 50+ years.
Things We Said Today
Eight Days a Week
Here Comes the Sun
I Saw Her Standing There
Help
She Loves You
Norwegian Wood
Hey Jude
Something
I Want to Hold Your Hand
All My Loving (first song on the Ed Sullivan show)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
At the moment:

While my guitar gently weeps
In my life
Penny Lane
You can't do that
Things we said today
Hard day's night (I love that album if you can't tell by the previous two)
Drive my car
Twist and shout (I know not a Beatles song, but John just slays it)
Eleanor Rigby
Fool on the hill
Ticket to ride (bonus track)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, lots of love for Things We Said Today. I thought I'd be the only one voting for it.

I'd heard that one and You Can't Do That by so many different artists, I'd assumed they weren't Beatles originals. I think the second side of Hard Day's Night is one of the most remarkable pieces of work this side of Kind of Blue. They'd made the movie and recorded all the music for it, but they were told they'd need a second side for an album. In a week. So from the beginning of writing to wrap was about five days. And it's one of the best sides ever; I like it more than side 1.

Reaction Score
1 Yesterday
2 Hey Jude
3 A Day in the Life
4 In My Life
5 Eleanor Rigby
6 Here, There, and Everywhere
7 Let it Be
8 Something
9 Lady Madona
10 When I'm 64

Really hard I also liked While my Guitar Gently Weeps, Magical Mystery Tour, Act Naturally, Nowhere Man, Come Together, Fool on the Hill, Honey Pie... Wow I want to name them all.

Reaction Score
Wow, lots of love for Things We Said Today. I thought I'd be the only one voting for it.

If you have never heard it, Mary McCaslin does a great cover of that song.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
My favs

Something
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Here Comes the Sun
Hey Jude
Strawberry Fields Forever
Yesterday
Eleanor Rigby
Revolution
All You Need Is Love
Penny Lane

Reaction Score
None, zero, nil, naught, zilch, keiner, aucun, nada, nikto, etc.
The bounders killed Motown!
The first Beatles appearance on Ed Sullivan was February 9, 1964. The first Supremes hit song was “Where did our love go” in April 1964 and the first Four Tops Song was “ Baby I need your loving” in the summer of 1964. In other words these two iconic Motown hits were after The Beatles came here which started their world wide popularity. Due to the Beatles craze, there was a pop music craze which gave groups like the Supremes , the Tops, the Temps and others great exposure and great popularity. You can make a solid argument that the Beatles revolutionized both pop music and pop culture and only made Motown more popular. Their music also effected American pop music in general.As an example, Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys, who was a musical genius, said that the Pet Sounds album, considered the second greatest album ever behind Sgt Peppers, was directly the result of listening to that album. When you hear old pop songs today that are still being played you hear Yesterday, Something, My Girl, Baby love etc.. Why is that? It’s because greatness stands the test of time. The Beatles didn’t kill Motown, they were simultaneous musical explosions the likes of which you will never see again.

Reaction Score
I liked many Beatles songs, but I never quite got the fawning adoration that so many have over them. For what it's worth, I like more of their mid 60's songs than their later stuff. Everyone has their own tastes, though. And that is a great thing about being human. We're all different.

But, to the point of this thread, here are 10 Beatles songs that I do enjoy hearing.

1. Paperback Writer. I think it's an interesting song from a sonic standpoint the way ti was recorded/mixed.
2. Here comes the Sun. Just because it is an uplifting song
3. Lovely Rita, Meter Maid. Just a fun little story
4. Tax Man because it is just such a reflection of economic life
5. I want to Hold Your Hand (version in German because it brings back memories of high school German class)
6. Mean Mr. Mustard and Polythene Pam medley. Hard to explain. Just like it.
7. Drive My Car. Another song that I could relate to as a teenager.
8. Something. A great love song.
9. Here, There, and Everywhere. Ditto.
10. I Feel Fine. Just a happy song that's great to sing along with.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You made me think of the 2019 movie, "Yesterday", about a world suddenly without the Beatles and only one person 'remembers' their songs.
It's been on about every other day on HBO/Showtime/etc. recently. Interesting concept.

Reaction Score
You made me think of the 2019 movie, "Yesterday", about a world suddenly without the Beatles and only one person 'remembers' their songs.
My favorite scene in that movie: The kid is in his room recreating all the Beatles songs he can remember - writing down the words, etc. To stay organized he has a post-it for each song, and his whole wall is covered with post-its. You can see the song titles on the post-its. Each one is a killer hit, and there are dozens of them. Then the camera pans back and it turns out that wall was only for one category of songs - all the other walls are covered with Beatles song titles too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't think I can limit it to 10 or put them in order, but here are the ones I really like.

Come Together
Hey Jude
A Day In the Life
Rocky Raccoon
Helter Skelter
Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds
Revolution
Here Comes the Sun
Eleanor Rigby
Penny Lane
Got To Get You Into My Life
Back In the USSR