Naheim Alleyne in the transfer portal | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As reported by the Hartford Courant, morning of Friday April 14

Looking for a better opportunity, he might start somewhere else. Such a valuable player on this year's team. He was fully invested in this team, in this season. Great secondary scorer, excellent defender, tough. Always a Husky, always a winner.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Its Friday Dancing GIF by Vivid People Disco

Reaction Score
What I like about Alleyne, and it needs to be replaced, is his short range game. Defensively the Huskies were killed by players like Alleyne, as we either pressed on the perimeter or sank under the basket, leaving intermediate areas wide open. Alleyne was doing that to other teams. We seem to have few players who can do that. It's not really Andre's game, Karaban may be able to do it but we haven't seen that from him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There's a thread from yesterday on this
I didn't see it. Maybe it's gone.

It's a gonner for some reason. If you posted at all in the original thread and you search "your content" from your profile and hit the link, it comes up with a blank page.

The 2-4 week period after last game of the season has officially become my favorite part of this board. The attempts to squash every conceivable comment about the roster next season and the inevitable roster turnover soothes' the soul.

Reaction Score
What I like about Alleyne, and it needs to be replaced, is his short range game. Defensively the Huskies were killed by players like Alleyne, as we either pressed on the perimeter or sank under the basket, leaving intermediate areas wide open. Alleyne was doing that to other teams. We seem to have few players who can do that. It's not really Andre's game, Karaban may be able to do it but we haven't seen that from him.
Jackson could feast on those tear drop shots and should be working on that aspect big time.

Reaction Score
It's a gonner for some reason. If you posted at all in the original thread and you search "your content" from your profile and hit the link, it comes up with a blank page.

The 2-4 week period after last game of the season has officially become my favorite part of this board. The attempts to squash every conceivable comment about the roster next season and the inevitable roster turnover soothes' the soul.
Well my likes are still showing for that old thread lol. Like I said in the other thread he must have known his playing time will be limited either by Newton staying or us brining in great shooting transfer. The kid gave us great D and hit the open shots when needed including midrange pull-ups. Going to miss his defense. He was great in the Miami game.

Reaction Score
Could he possibly change his mind? I loved it when he was in the game, it always made me feel like UConn was in good hands and would do okay- maybe because he defense was so good, and offensively he just got better and better. He was great and I was so looking forward to having him play again!

Reaction Score
Jackson could feast on those tear drop shots and should be working on that aspect big time.

He #1 priority should be developing a jump shot. He should TRY to copy Hawk’s or Ray’s technique. Just TRY and if can create space for his shot he will make millions. It’s that simple.

Reaction Score
Pieces come in and pieces go out
It's the new college basketball with the xfer portal
oh well
My Best to NA
Hey it is the new world. We have had early out for a while and with the portal it just means as you implied “ new”. Colleges will need to adopt or get out of Division one sports. Back to back championships will be more rare. The unintended consequence of the portal may be that colleges will be less inclined to use resources on player development.

Reaction Score
One last article on Alleyne. From the JI. The tagline says "Houston" but the article was just posted yesterday.

If you right click on the article and click on "Open Link in Incognito Window" you should be able to read it.

"It's been a great journey and it's a great feeling right now," Alleyne said. "I mean we knew the main goal was to win a national championship. There were going to be little pieces to it like win the PK85 (Phil Knight Invitational tournament), win the Big East regular season championship, win the Big East tournament championship. The main goal was to win the national championship. We had our highs in the beginning, we had our lows in the middle. I feel like when we got a spark and we got hot in February and March. Unfortunately, we didn't win the Big East regular season or tournament. But we still knew the main goal was to win the national championship.

“And to see this right here, we worked so hard. I don't want to curse right now, but we just busted our butts in practice every single day. There were some brutal practices, like some times where we just hated each other, some times that we loved each other. It's a great feeling right now because we're national champions. We're national champions."

Reaction Score
He seems like a total class act. His efforts and sacrifices were greatly appreciated and he is a Husky forever. I will root for him and whatever school he plays for. As long as it is not that school on the Canadian border.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else concerned that Alleyne decided to leave after only one season?

Jk jk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22